two

Roman Holiday

I.Jaebum

I walked onto the school's main hallway, backpack over the shoulder and hood over my head as my hands were tucked into my pocket. It was just the start of junior year, but I already don't want to be here.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm in no way full of myself, but I could already feel the wondering eyes placed upon me. Most from the freshman and the rest from the upperclassmen.

I rolled my eyes as the girls giggled while obviously looking me over as if I was something to eat.

Typical.

You see, I was apparently labeled the school's 'bad boy' but it's all just nonsense. I couldn't care less about the titles and my reputation at this hell ground, i'm just being myself. But that's what gets them going.

Girls, and even some guys, apparently find the whole 'I'm a total ' thing and my tattoos attractive. Which might I add, is quite annoying. 

Now, I'm not trying to sound like a pissy teenager that has some sort of attitude problem, nor am I trying to act like one. It's only this school that truly brings out my inner prick.

A long slender arm was then thrown over my shoulder, but I knew there was only one person who would dare to lay a finger on me. 

"Awe isn't it just lovely, we're back in this hole." The sarcastic voice of Mark chirped, "lovely right?" 

Now Mark was my best friend, and the only person I talked to in this place, the only person I was close to. Like me, he had his very own group of 'fangirls and fanboys,' but he didn't mind them much. Instead he chose to flirt a little with them.

I rolled my eyes at his flirtatious glances, the girls swooning. I made my way to my assigned locker, opening it and throwing in my backpack before slamming it shut.

I looked over to the group of girls that were staring at me with heart eyes, giving them my classic cold and mean glare. They all jumped in their spots, quickly scurrying down the halls.

"You've sure got a way with the ladies. Never gonna get one with that attitude." Mark shook his head, crossing his arms as he leaned against a locker to my right.

"Well I guess it's a good thing I don't want one aye?" I rolled my eyes, "they're all too annoying," I grumbled. 

"The whole idea of person space doesn't exist to any of them. And no matter how many times I tell them to kindly off, they always come crawling back." I began rubbing my temples, already frustrated.

"Awe, poor baby boy." Mark spoke as the bell rang through the halls. "Lets get you to class shall we."

×××

Sharing the same class, we walked through the doors slowly, taking our times getting to our seats. It didn't matter that we may have been 5 minutes late, I simply do as I please. We took our seats in the shared partnered tables.

"Please be on time Im, Tuan," The tired voice of the teacher sighed. "Welcome back students, it's gonna be another fun year. Now before you all get too comfortable, I have a seating chart set up."

The whole class let out an annoyed sigh. I got up and moved to my assigned seat, not in the mood to be sent out of the class for not listening. Crossing my arms over my chest, I leaned back in my seat closing my eyes.

The seat to the right of me scooted against the floor as I guessed someone must have sat down.

"Now, introduce yourself to your partners, you're stuck with them for the rest of the year." The teacher spoke once more before the class filled with buzzing voices.

"U-Um," A male voice stuttered from beside me. "He-hello, i'm Youngjae." I cracked open my eyes, looking over to the shy boy that seemed oddly familiar. "I-I didn't get to say this the other day, but thank you."

I turned my head over to the shy boy, now interested. 

His cheeks were puffy and painted over with the lightest shade of pink. His dark brown hair long and sticking to his forehead above his round eyes. That's when it all clicked, this had been the boy from the party.

"Ah, you again." I replied, closing my eyes and turning back to face front. "Don't mention it."

×××

I walked down the corridor, heading down to the canteen for lunch. Most of my classes so far had been basic repeats of each other. Rules, seating, and the annoying 'welcome back' speach.

I turned a corner in the hall, my pace slow as I noticed one other figure in this particular hall. Getting closer I recognized them as the boy from both the party and my first period class.

He didn't look so happy though. Instead, was he, crying?

Getting closer, I heard the small sniffles he let out, tears dripping from his cheeks. Now at this point I was having an internal battle with myself.

Ask the guy what's wrong, or ignore it and keep walking and mind my own buisness. I was about to choose the later, but the poor guy looked so down and hurt. I sighed at my sudden and unusual softness towards the boy.

"Hey, um Youngjae? Are you okay?" I approached him, placing a hand on his shoulder, causing him to jump. His head snapped up in my direction.

"I-I-Yeah, I'm fine." He wiped his eyes quickly trying to stop his crying, but his sniffling wasn't helping.

"Are you sure? Why were you crying?" I questioned further, surprising myself in how much I had actually cared.

"It's nothing Jaebum, I'm fine, honestly." He sighed, his sniffling stopped and the tears beginning to dry. "Just go enjoy the rest of your lunch."

-----