one

Roman Holiday

C.Youngjae

I walked through the doors of the packed house. The walls vibrating from the music and the atmosphere hot as there were masses and masses of bodies dancing against each other.

Most people were on the makeshift dance floor, dancing and/or grinding against each other. But, there were people sat around the bar area chatting and drinking the night away as well.

I trailed behind my group of friends, walking quickly, not wanting to be left behind. This was the first time I've ever been to a party, and it was quite nerve racking. Everybody seemed to know each other and be having a great time whereas I only knew the 4 other boys I had come with. 

I wasn't that well known or 'popular' at school you may say. I mean, I wasn't exactly a 'nobody,' I was just that nerdy kid that sat in the back of the class taking notes. That's why I was surprised when Jackson asked me to tag along to the party with the rest of our small group.

"You're always locked up in your room, come out and have some fun with us," being his exact words. That itself confused me as well. They always tried to keep me away from masses of 'party going people' wanting me to stay their pure and innocent little sunshine.

"Alright, have fun throughout the night guys." Jackson started. "Meet new safe people," He looked directly at me. Jinyoung, Bambam, and Yugyeom all nodding. 

"Let's go dance?" Yugyeom suggested, all the boys except me agreeing. "Aish Youngjae, always so boring." They rushed off to the packed dance floor.

I walked to the bar area, taking a seat at one of the many stools sighing. Now you see why I'm not invited to parties, I'm way too shy. There's too many people, too many unfamiliar people, too many people to judge me. 

I watched the 4 boys dance around, laughing and looking to be having fun with a small smile. "Here, you look a little bored, and probably need this more that I do." An unknown voice chirped from beside me and a cup slid in front of me.

I looked in the direction, met with a handsome stranger. His mouth wide as he smiled. "Oh, um, thanks I guess." I mumbled awkwardly.

I lifted the cup to my lips, taking quite a large sip of the liquid I thought was water. As it slid down my throat I coughed a little, it definitely wasn't water, water doesn't burn. "What is this?" I questioned the stranger, looking down into the cup skeptically.

"It's nothing harmful, I promise. You'll be fine." He still smiled answering. Giving it a quick thought I decided to just trust him. I mean, he didn't seem like a bad guy.

Finishing the small glass I placed it back down on the counter top. "So," he began, "are you here alone?" He asked, getting a little closer now.

"No—I'm here with some friends." I gave a short answer, giving him weary glances. I have no idea what was in that drink, but my head was starting to hurt slightly, and I was feeling slightly dizzy. 

"Just friends?" He questioned on, getting much closer, our shoulders brushing against each other. I nodded slowly, getting uncomfortable with the close proximity. "Are you seeing anyone?" He asked once more, slipping a hand on my thigh.

"N-no. W-what are you d-doing?" I questioned as I tried removing the hand that was rubbing circles on my upper thigh.

"What do you mean?" He blinked 'innocently.' "I'm not doing anything."

"P-please don't t-touch me." I began to move away, only causing his grip to get tighter.

"Where're you going baby? I'm not gonna hurt you." He whispered into my ear, causing me to squirm and shut my eyes. There were small kisses places underneath my ear before everything stopped.

His hands weren't on me, the kisses stopped, his uncomfortable body heat no longer next to me. Slowly opening my eyes I seen the one and only Jaebum holding him in his grip.

"Normally I wouldn't care because this is such a bother, but this is quite disgusting. Why don't you stop touching all over someone who's obviously not interested?" He glared down at now frightened the boy.

"Oh- I- I'm s-sorry." He stuttered out quickly. 
"I don't need your damn apology, give it to the kid you just spent your time harassing." Jaebum spoke in his usual bored sounding tone.

"O-oh. Sorry f-for touching y-you," he quickly stuttered his apology.

"Is that good?" Jaebum asked, looking up to me. I nodded my head and he dropped the boy who then quickly scurried away. Jaebum as well turned away and walked off before I could even mutter a thank you.

I guess I'll see him at school.

-----