Dumb Dumb

Undeniable Attraction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

✖️

 

It took Seulgi for about half an hour to find a way out of the school premises. In her seventeen years of existence, never have she ever tried skipping school. She couldn't even pretend to be sick in front of her Mom when she didn't feel like going to school. But today was a different day. It's all because of Joohyun, or she would rather be called Irene. She was sort of offended when Irene told her that she's inexperienced to extreme things (which was true), for example, skipping school which she thought wasn't really extreme thing to do. She just thought that parents work hard just to give you the education you deserve and you still have the right to skip school and all the shenanigans? Seulgi could only shake her head in disbelief.

 

But look who just skipped school? Bam! Kang Seulgi, your good girl next door!

 

She could only let out a heavy sigh. 

 

"How hypocrite of me," she said as she crashed herself onto her bed while dramatically staring at the ceiling.

 

And then suddenly she stood up when a thought bothered her.

 

"Holy ! Why—ugh! Why am I so stupid? Oh my God, I swear! Some of my professors might be asking my whereabouts and why I did not attend their class or whatsoever! I never skip classes that's why! They're so going to call or email my mom—which wouldn't happen if I just—Oh my God! Think Seulgi! Think!" She yelled at herself, pacing around her bedroom while fidgeting. 

 

After a few minutes of pacing back and forth and with all the thinking, she facepalmed herself and picked up her phone to call someone that could probably help her which was her best friend, Son Seungwan, or Wendy to most people. She was a bit hesitant to call her best friend because first: she didn't want to disturb Seungwan while in class, second: she didn't want her best friend to freak out (knowing her, she'd probably slap Seulgi until she knows how to make decisions well), and lastly: she didn't want Seungwan to lecture her with all these and that. But she had to make a choice and she really needed someone to hear her out or she'd explode to death. 

 

And so, she called Seungwan. After a few rings, her best friend finally answered.

 

Seulgi was biting her nails and kept pacing around while waiting for Seungwan to speak. She waited for her to speak first because she needed permission if she could really talk to her with her current dilemma. After a few seconds, she finally heard her speak. 

 

"Seulgi? What's up? You know I'm in the middle of the class, right? Don't you have a class right now?" Seungwan talked in a hush tone.

 

"I'm sorry, Wannie! I-I—please don't freak out! Stay calm as possible, okay?" Seulgi said, taking a deep breath. 

 

"Um, what? Kang Seulgi, I swear to God, if this is some kind of joke you're pulling on me, I will end this call and as well as our friendship!" 

 

Seulgi shivered. She knew too well Seungwan would freak out. 

 

"Wannie, I'm serious! I'm sorry for disturbing you but—" Seulgi cut off herself and let out a sigh. "I'm sorry, Wannie. This could actually wait. I'll talk to you later after you finish your classes." 

 

"KANG SEULGI! Everyone heard my ringtone is Red Velvet's 'Dumb Dumb'! Now, everyone in my math class knows about it! And mind you, Mr. Kim was definitely furious at me after I shyly excused myself to answer your call! I even lied that it was an emergency call! And now, you're telling me that it could wait?! You're joking me, right?" 

 

Seulgi could only hold her laughter. Sometimes she couldn't take Seungwan seriously, especially when she's angry. 

 

"I love you, Wannie. I'll take to you later. I promise. And again, sorry for disturbing you." 

 

She heard Seungwan half-yelling on the other side of the phone before she pressed the end button. She couldn't do anything just yet because her mind's still scattered all over the place. She considered taking a long nap to lessen her stress but her mind couldn't just stop overthinking. So she went to the kitchen and thought that maybe ramen could help her relieve stress even just for a while.

 

But before she could start getting the ingredients out from the cabinet, she stopped. She wasn't hungry or in the mood to eat ramen or anything. She couldn't seem to get her mind off from thinking things. And so, she could only scream to vent out her frustrastions. 

 

She ended up watching a re-run of a tv show and fell asleep after a few episodes. 

 

 

Seungwan quickly rushed to Seulgi's house after her last class. She was worried sick about her best f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter