Shopping Trip

One Big Happy Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"RED ALERT!!!"

Chan looked up from his history essay as a scream echoed through the house. It sounded like Mingyu had done something again. At 1:43 in the morning.

Great. 

Footsteps thudded down the stairs and past Chan's bedroom door. 

"What's wrong?!" Joshua shouted down the stairs. "Is someone hurt?" 

Chan felt a prick of worry. With 13 people living in one house, it wasn't too hard for someone to accidentally get hurt. He started to get up from his chair as the answering shout came back.

"We're out of ramen!!" 

Silence echoedthrough the house before several doors burst open at once. 

"What?" Seungkwan screamed. Chan opened his bedroom door and watched as Seungkwan, Soonyoung and Vernon ran past him and down the stairs screaming. Joshua stood silently at the top. 

"Oh my god! We're out of chips too! What if we starve?" Soonyoung screeched. "Emergency grocery shopping trip!! Everybody come on!" 

Seungcheol popped his head out of his bedroom. "Everybody?" He asked with a grin. 

Joshua sighed. "Chan. Can you go get everyone that's upstairs please?" Chan nodded and started down the hallway. As he climbed the stairs, he heard Joshua call thanks to him. As he reached the top floor, he stared down the dark hallway. 

The top floor was as far away from everything else in the house as you could get. The lights up here were rarely on and it was much quieter than the floors below it. It was nicknamed The Danger Floor. Chan knocked gently on the first door. He heard a loud thump and a few seconds later, the was door opened by a sleepy Junhui. 

"Grocery shopping." Was all Chan needed to say. Junhui slipped on a hoodie and crossed the hall. The door across from his opened and Minghao stepped out. He flashed a peace sign at Chan as he followed Junhui downstairs. Yawning, Chan looked at the clock in Junhui’s room. 

1:47 A.M.

Jeonghan was not going to like this. Taking a deep breath, Chan slowly raised his hand and knocked on his door. The crack under the door lit up as a light somewhere in the bedroom . Chan slowly stepped away from the door. 

“Hyung?” He called. The door flew open to reveal a very sleepy and very angry Jeonghan. He had his mouth open to yell but stopped when he saw Chan. 

“Joshua told me to get you.” Chan said quickly. “He says we have to go grocery shopping.” He gave Jeonghan the biggest smile he could muster. Jeonghan stared at him for a few seconds before sighing. 

“At 2 in the morning?” He raised an eyebrow. Chan’s smiled dimmed a bit. 

“Uh yeah. I heard Mingyu freaking out about us being out of ramen and when I opened my door-”

“You were still up?” Jeonghan’s face had darkened. Chan froze. 

“Uhhh…” 

“LEE CHAN IT IS WAY PAST YOUR BEDTIME!!!” Out of the corner of his e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter