Chapter 2r

The New Girl
BLAKE

On my last flight to Korea, I get settled in and close my eyes to sleep. Problem is, I have slept basically my entire trip so far so sleep isn't really within reach at this point. When I open my eyes the seat next to me is still empty. Just when I think I am going to get all this space to myself, a small framed boy about my age sits next to me. He looks kind of familiar but i can't put my finger on it because he is wearing oversized everything: Hat, sunglasses, scarf, and sweater. It's like he's dressed for every season. Not caring enough to try and figure it out, I decide to give sleep one last chance. 

A little while later, I realize sleep is impossible so I open my eyes and stretch. As I am yawning and stretching, I feel my elbow connect to the boys face next to me. I instantly retract, look over and apologize incessantly. He lowers his scarf and winces a bit but looks over at me and tells me in a very heavy Korean accent "it's ok! Don't worry about it!" 

Suddenly it hits me! He looked familiar earlier because this is Taemin! THE Taemin of Shinee. Only the guy I have looked up to for the past year! The one who helped me find what I'm good at. Before I know it I am smiling like an idiot. 


TAEMIN

just in time for my flight home! I run onto the plane and take my seat next to a cute American girl with long dark hair. She closes her eyes to sleep as I sit so I don't bug her to say hello. After a few minutes I notice her open her eyes. They are green. Just as I am turning to say hello, she stretches and elbows me right in the face. She is instantly al apologies. I pull my scarf down to asses the damage but assure her that I am ok. She doesn't seem to hear me, as she has this huge smile spread across her pretty face.

she can't know who I am! That can't be it. She's American! So I ask "are you really that happy that you didn't hurt me?" She finally seems to snap out of it and says "no!... I mean yes! Of course I am happy I didn't hurt you but that's not it! I just realized who you are." I am momentarily very surprised. " wait. You are telling me you know who Shinee is?!" She stares at me blankly for a minute like that was the dumbest question I could possibly have asked. "Well of course I know who Shinee is silly!" She tells me. Still kind of caught off guard I say "sorry. I'm just surprised. Not a lot of Americans listen to Kpop" she giggle kind of cutely and says "well I do! And you sir are my favorite... Americans really don't know what they are missing!" She laughs some more and it's so adorable that it makes me chuckle.


BLAKE 

I. Am. In. Shock. I am talking o Lee Taemin! The man who has basically inspired me to be who I am! He is the one who made me want to start dancing. He just laughed at nothing though which means I'm doing my nervous laughter thing. I have got to calm down! I need to at least act cool, calm, and collected. I finally slow my heartbeat and say "sorry.. I was just kind of caught off guard. It's not every day that you get to meet your idol." He gets that surprised look again. "Idol?" Staying somewhat calm I tell him "yea. Dancing is my passion and I love to perform for people. When I first saw you dance, all I wanted was to be able to move like that." 

He doesn't say anything. Just sits and stares at me. Ok now I'm nervous.


TAEMIN

I am speacless. I didn't know I could affect somebody so much. I have to know who this girl is. She just seems so sure of herself and I have to know her name so I snap out of my reverie and ask "what's your name?" She smiles at me and tells me "Blake. Blake Mallard. It's an interesting name but I like it. "Blake. I like that. I honestly can't believe I affected you so much but I am so honored to know that I am the one who made you want to dance!"


BLAKE

He seems so confused. I don't think he know just how amazing he is so I tell him "I'm sure I'm not the only one you inspire. You are a great performer! Through dancing I have found performing and singing! I figured out that I want to make that what I do with my life. I just don't want to do it in America. I want to do it in Korea! He looks at me for a minute and says "ambitious. But I just met you and I think you can do it! He keeps making me feel so happy! "Thank you that means so much!" Suddenly he yawns and I finally notice how tired he looks. His eyes are glassy and he's got little bags under his eyes. So naturally I lie "hey I'm actually super tired and you kind of look like you are going to pass out so what do you say we get some sleep!?" He turns to me and looks grateful "yea I'm pretty tired. See you when we land.

At last I hear soft snores beside me. I look over and can't help but smile.