Chapter 1

The New Girl
KEYS POV

Taemin should be home from school anytime. I'm making his favorite dinner tonight in hopes that that it will put a smile on his face. We have been trying so hard lately to make Taemins home life as happy as possible since his school life has been so awful. He tells me not to interfere but sometimes all I want is to march down to his school and put those blundering bullies in their place!

As I'm mulling over ways that wouldn't be illegall for me to take care of those idiots, Taemin bursts into the kitchen, beaming. He hasn't come home this happy (or happy at all) from school in a very long time. "How was school today?" I ask, slightly suspicious. Clearly asking a question like this was a horrible mistake on my part because his mood immediately darkens. In effort to brisghten it back up I ask "what were you just so excited about?" It worked. Hi so eyes sparkle and he smiles as he says "we have a new American foreign exchange student coming in a couple weeks and I was chosen to show her around."

This is exciting. Finally a new student who has no clue who he is. This is his chance to finally have a friend...

 

BLAKE - A COUPLE WEEKS LATER 

I am leaving for Korea today. Finally on my way to do all the things I always dreamed. Everything I ever wanted just one trip away! All that's left is to do one last check to make sure I'm not leaving anything behind. As soon as I finish mom and I leave for the airport.

A few hours later I am standing at my gate, crying as I say goodbye to my mother. Finally we have to break away from each other so I don't miss my plane. Getting settled in my seat, I look out the window and say farewell for good to America.