Chapter 3

No ONE but ME for you

 Schedules are made to keep track of the time and activities that you should be doing. Practicing punctuality is a good way to improve oneself and be disciplined because it teaches you the beauty of having respect to the time and schedule of an activity.

 

But being punctual was never in Hanbin’s dictionary he doesn’t know what it meant nor does he care about it.

 

So being the not-so-punctual guy he is Hanbin is still in the studio working on the computer even though his schedule had ended 5 hours ago.

 

“Hyung, how about you loop this beat in the middle to create the transition that you want?”Jaewon suggested to the exhausted rapper.

 

 The Smtm participant is still with Hanbin for the past 5 hours not leaving the other alone since it was him who offered to accompany the Ikon’s leader. Though the handsome rapper is tired and starting to get sleepy he vows to never leave Hanbin alone in the studio dead tired not getting any sleep, besides he likes being in the studio.

 

He loves to be in the studio

 

with Hanbin

 

“WOAH” an exclaimed escaped from the leader’s mouth as he follows the suggestion of his companion.  Hanbin drag the beat into the worksheet to place it in the middle trying to achieve a smooth transition for the chorus. Putting on a serious face he clicked the metronome above the worksheet and a sequence of woodblock sounds were soon heard guiding Hanbin precisely as he loop the two beats together.

Using a ¾ time signature he played the newly arranged track and the two young rappers listened to it for the nth time that day. After almost 10 hours in the studio room a new track of perfection is done.

 

“Oh gahd Jaewon thank you, I would probably be here for 3 more hours if you didn’t stay” Hanbin put down his headphones and stared at Jaewon waiting for the latter’s response after admitting sincerely what he feels.

“Oh come on hyung no need to be thankful, of course I’ll stay. I can never leave you alone especially when you’re creating music” Jaewon flashes his breathtaking smile hoping that the leader will get the message that he truly wants to convey.

“It was nice that you stay. I hope he did stay as well” the thankful rapper tried his best to show a grateful face to the younger but Hanbin can’t put up a facade act anymore because he had enough after 2 weeks, he had enough of missing a certain someone. So in the end he just looked away from the younger and glued his eyes on the monitor doing the exact same thing that he did a minute ago.

 

Jaewon should’ve asked what’s bothering the rapper but how could he when he definitely knows what the problem is.

 

NO

 

There’s no problem that has to be fixed but there’s someone that has to be seen again. It’s hurting Jaewon to the bones that he clearly knows what Hanbin is going through, it hurts to the point that he doesn’t feel pain in his heart because he’s used to it.

 

He’s used to the pain of jealousy

 

He’s used to the fact that Kim Hanbin will never be his because Hanbin is Jiwon’s.

 

 Instead of adding salt to Hanbin’s wound Jaewon decided to change the topic into a more calming and carefree conversation, starting off with the infamous question...

 

“Are you hungry, Hyung?” The younger placed his hand to Hanbin’s right shoulder trying to grab attention and make the leader look to him and he succeeded faster than he expected because Habin’s tummy replied before his mouth with a loud growl which earns a chuckle from Jaewon.

“Did you just laugh, Jung Jaewon?” Hanbin tries to hide his embarrass blush by acting angry which makes him look cuter if that could still be possible.

“Yes I did hyung” The chuckle turns into a loud laugh changing the mood of the studio to a better one.

“Well you should treat me, you’ll pay” Hanbin scoffed and stick his tongue out to Jaewon before heading out to the restaurant across the YG Building.

 

 

It was a breezy night outside wherein the snow is beginning to fall and every people is wearing a jacket or a scarf but Jiwon is wearing neither of the two warming garments that he desperately needs because his mind is too occupied of a person named Kim Hanbin.

 

iKON’s leader

 

YG’s composer

 

 Hanbyul’s brother...

 

HIS boyfriend.

 

Usually Jiwon, better known as Bobby wouldn’t be able to wander around the streets because fans would easily notice his presence and will immediately  gather around him  to take pictures or to just simply admire the rapper’s features but none of that could happen because who would wander around the streets at 1 o’clock in the morning?

Probably Jiwon.

                                                                                                                                                    

The Smtm 3 winner is only wearing a black v neck shirt and baggy pants with his phone in his right hand. His phone would probably be in use several hours ago if only his boyfriend could be contacted but the leader had left the device unattended on top of the table in front of the mirror.

Subconsciously, Jiwon slide his finger on the screen of his phone to unlock the device.

 

BB

Double B is his password ever since and he likes it to be that way, always. The bunny like rapper could only stare at the wallpaper on his screen admiring the image that is projected in front of his eyes.

 

I miss you so much Bin

 

Jiwon thought as he continue to walk towards the YG building, he is not the sweet type but he could be sweet as a cotton candy if Hanbin is the reason for feeling that way.

It took him too long to confess to the leader because he’s afraid of the consequences that he; they might face together. He chose to hide his feelings from himself, the members and Kim Hanbin even from his best friend, Jinhwan. Jiwon would’ve never confessed if not for a guy that tried to make Hanbin fall into someone else’s arms. He would’ve kept everything as a secret if not for...

 

The One that courageously made a move to his Hanbin.

 

The One that has no fear of letting everyone knows what he feels.

 

The One that went to him just to say that he’ll fight for Hanbin.

 

Knowing that he could lose Hanbin to someone Jiwon decided to confess to the leader, he felt like it’s now or never because he can’t afford to lose a person that’s precious like Bin.

His pair of Jordans continue to slide on the streets as he continue to walk and recall those bittersweet memories. Jiwon is not the type of person to reminisce such happenings, he doesn’t like the fact that Hanbin could not be his today but he had moved on from that, he’s not threatened anymore, really.

 

 

Maybe he is, just a little.

 

Because until now he’s still not use in seeing Hanbin around One or the other way around. He still feels conscious and tense whenever the two are together. Don’t get him wrong, it’s not because he is doubting Hanbin, believe it or not it’s himself that he’s being doubtful with.

 

He’s unsure whether he’s capable of calling Hanbin his.

 

A cold wind hit Jiwon on the face causing him to wake up from his thoughts; he shrugged all the negativity away and walks even faster to the studio room at the YG building where the love of his life could be found.  

 

 

Thud

 

The space that was free on the chair was once again filled when Hanbin and Jaewon came back from the restaurant after having a mouthwatering and heavy meal. They went to a 24 hour tteokbokki house and ate some tteokbokki as well as fish cakes. The charismatic leader continuously denied the fact that he was feeling hungry even though he ate 24 sticks of fish cakes, Jaewon almost went broke because of the bill.

 

“Wahh it’s been a while since I ate those, thanks Jaewon-ie” Hanbin rose up from his chair to give Jaewon a gummy smile that no one can probably resist.

“Not a big deal, hyung” Jaewon returned the smile that he received from the full leader of iKON.

 

The two remained staring at each other with gummy smiles plastered on their faces. They’re taking their time to thank one another for the efforts that both of them have exerted for the past 10 hours in a non-verbal way. They’re letting their eyes speak what they feel.

 

“You have some tteokbokki sauce on your face, hyung” Jaewon’s lips formed a bigger smile because he never knew that his hyung could be a cutie sometimes, if he has the guts he would reach out to wipe the dirt away, after all he has no other intention but to help.

 

And so he did

Jaewon lift his hand towards Hanbin’s left cheek to wipe the sauce that’s messing with the perfection of the leader’s face. He immediately wants to wipe it off the moment he saw the sauce because for Jaewon Hanbin’s face doesn’t deserve to be dirtied or flawed.

 

 

The atmosphere in the studio is warm and cozy. Maybe it’s because of the modern interior of the room, the floor is tiled with various mix of colors such as black, gray and a bit of white. The color palettes are neutral and airy; furnishings are straight modern and edgy with designs that include metals, glass and steel that gives off a very home-like feeling to exhausted artists.

Walls are painted in white to complete the look of the room but Jiwon is seeing red at the moment.

 

To say that Jiwon is shock would be an understatement because what he’s feeling is beyond that. As blood rushed to his head he was unable to process what he’s seeing, the image in front of his eyes is too much for him to process. He can’t blink it away, he would like to turn his head and look somewhere else but he would like to see what Hanbin would do. He would like to see how his lover would reject Jaewon’s hand.

 

But Hanbin didn’t instead he just smiled even more and that made Jiwon’s hold on the door knob tighten. He’s feeling small, all the fears and doubts keep crashing down to him because of what he saw.

 

Was I gone for too long?

 

Is One still fighting for Hanbin?

 

Is there something going on that would be better if I don’t know?

 

All these questions fill Jiwon’s confused mind without knowing what to do the shocked bunny just pulled the door towards him and leave.

 

A loud slam of the door is the only thing that Hanbin and One heard causing them to look at the direction where the sound came from but they see no one and that made them shiver so they stood up and hurriedly bid good bye to each other because they don’t want to be the one justifying the scary stories that is lingering in the YG building.