Bad Puns

Bad Puns

Namjoon was working hard on is new track. He already got the melody he wanted and now he only needed to write the lyrics.But what should he write about. He hadn't done much lately besides composing his track. The Lyrics would take some more time he thought. But he needed to finish it in time or else Bang PD would be angry again.

He was writing texts crossing them over the next second. His notebook soon became filled with scribbles and not so much text. He leaned back in his chair and span around just a bit to see Yoongi lying on the couch sleeping. They had worked the entire night and Yoongi fell asleep at 5am while Namjoon kept working.

 

 

“Hey Namjoonie! Have you heard this one? He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.”

“Don't you know how to knock?” He almost fell of his chair as Hoseok opened the door and basically jumped inside. It was a wonder Yoongi didn’t wake up.

“Don’t you see I’m working on our new track and you decide to just burst into the studio without knocking!” It was noticeable that Namjoon was tired. He did work the entire night and Hoseok decided to bother him just when he was getting tired.

“Hey, don’t be angry. I brought Jimin too, and some snacks. I thought you were hungry.” Hoseok was still smiling. This idiot would smile at anything. Wasn’t he tired? From what he heard the youngers and Seokjin were practicing their main track for their comeback next month.

“And by the way.The one who invented the door knocker got a No-bell prize. You get it? A No-bell prize.”

“Oh my god Hoseok. Would you just shut up?” He had been listening to Hoseok’s bad puns for a week now. Whenever the younger had time he would disturb Namjoon while telling him the latest pun. Whether it was it in the studio when recording a new song, late at night where neither could sleep or when Namjoon decided to take a long shower and Hoseok would burst inside revealing his latest pun.

“Oh sorry. I guess you didn’t subscribe to the daily pun.” Hoseok mumbled loud enough for Namjoon to hear. He dodged an eraser flying in his direction as Jimin walked in, the eraser hitting his head hard with a thud.

“Perfect timing!” 

“Hey. I brought snacks for you guys, but if you treat me like this I’ll eat them all then.” Jimin said with a loud voice. But (unfortunately) being the youngest now meant the threat didn’t sound serious and they laughed it off quickly.

“Sorry Jiminie. I’ll eat some, but don’t bother waking Yoongi up.” Yoongi slept through the screams of them and didn’t even budge when Jimin sat himself in the couch next to where he fell asleep. Patting him softly on his tights didn’t wake him up, neither did the poking in his sides. Could he really sleep through everything. He somethimes wondered how long Yoongi was able to sleep to notice that the world has changed drastically like in the movies.

“Now when he is asleep. Can he hear me? He looks rather stupid now doesn’t he?” Jimin said quietly as he looked over at Yoongi who now lied curled up on the couch, mouth open where small puffing sounds escaped from. His nose scrunching up sometimes. He did look stupid Namjoon thought. Not a single fan could have guessed the tough rapper to sleep like a little child. At least he didn't at his thumb. 

“If I think I've seen an idiot before, is that a case of Deja fool.” Hoseok said again after being silent for a while. This idiot. Could he for once not make a pun? Namjoon was slowly getting sick and tired of Hoseok’s puns, but decided it was wise not to make a complain now.

 

 

For a while Namjoon was just small talking with the youngers who visited him in the studio. But he really needed to get to work again, and both Hoseok and Jimin weren’t helping. They were laughing while talking about how stupid Jungkook was who posted that one vine where he jumped and fell down.

“Hey, do you never quit making up all these bad puns Hoseok?” He knew he had to ask him. Maybe it would make him stop making them.

“I did a theatrical performance about puns. Really it was just a play on words.” Oh not again.

“Which means no. I will not quit making them. Why?” Well. He could always hope for the best.

“You’re really being a disturbance to me right now when I’m trying to write our new track. Do you really want to make it worse by being a hurdle to me?” He was getting more and more irritated with Hoseok.

“I used to have a fear of hurdles, but I got over it. No but really, you should try putting my puns in your new track. I assure you it will be a major hit.” Namjoon was close to his edge of tolerance. One more pun of Hoseok and he would shove a book full of puns up his so he wouldn’t be able to say one more pun for the rest of his existence.  But this would be unethical and they actually had to practice dancing and a book up in Hoseok would make that difficult. So he decided not to and take out his anger on his pencil he held instead. Breaking it into two with a snap.  Jimin looked up from his seat with wide eyes. Namjoon had never broken his pens. He broke everything else but his pencils were practical his children. While Hoseok’s eyes glimpsed with mischief.

“To write with a broken pencil is pointless.”  Hoseok finally said after a couple of seconds of silence.  That was it. His limit was here.

“That’s it. Hoseok Leave my studio NOW!” Hoseok stood up slowly, making sure to not anger Namjoon even more. But Namjoon knew he couldn’t stay mad at Hoseok long and Hoseok knew that. Still he made his way to the door, slowly walking past Jimin who looked frightened and a sleeping Yoongi. Then he did what he wasn’t supposed to do in this situation.

“Sleeping comes so naturally to him, he can do it with his eyes closed.”

“Hoseok. OUT!” with that Hoseok left the room leaving a silent and (possibly) scared Jimin. Namjoon finally had his peace now Hoseok left. Even though he knew he was just outside the door waiting until Jimin decided to leave. (Or until Namjoon kicked him out too)

 

 

A half hour later Namjoon was done with the first part of the chorus. It turned out to be nice and he imagined that Jimin would do this part. His type of voice would match the track and the feelings he wanted to transfer. He turned around to ask Jimin to take a listen and possibly try his lyrics out. He thought Jimin would sleep just like Yoongi did. But he wasn’t. He was (strangely) taking selfies with sleeping Yoongi, gaining the opportunity to bully the older and taking pictures for future blackmailing.

“Jiminie” he said in a soft voice. He didn’t want to scare the younger more.

“what on earth are you doing to Yoongi?” Jimin looked up at Namjoon. He had seen that look before, but not on Jimin. But on no  other than Hoseok when he would pester Namjoon. Oh no.

“I've always pictured myself taking selfies.” Not him too. He could live with Hoseok telling puns. But how could he live when the pun disease was spreading to the other members too. What if he would tell them too one day. He wouldn’t be able to talk to anyone anymore.

“I’ve thought him well. So… What is it called when Legolas takes his own picture? An elfie.” Hoseok opened the door while adding more fuel to the fire. So he did stay outside the door and waited for Jimin. Well that’s good then. He wouldn’t have to wait more now. He grabbed his empty can of energy drink from his desk.

“if you both don’t leave in five seconds, you’ll regret it really bad. I’m not joking now.” He made sure his voice was as low as possible. Trying to intimidate the two boys standing a little further away from where he sat. Jimin looked at Namjoon with wide eyes and then at Hoseok who just smiled at him.

“Did you hear about the guy who got hit in the head with a can of soda? He was lucky it was a soft drink.” His last pun resulted in an empty can flying in his direction. Once again Hoseok dodged the flying object but this time not ending up in Jimin’s face. Instead it hit Yoongi. Oh . But like a miracle the older didn’t budge. How could he just sleep through everything? Hoseok decided it was best to leave Namjoon alone now. Taking Jimin by the arm as he pulled the fear struck younger out of the room. Not making a noise when closing the door.

“Aaaah… So nice not to be able to hear a thing now. Finally I can concentrate on this damned song.” He said after a while. The silence was comforting to him, helping him with his songs. But didn’t it become too silent now. Something was off. Did he perhaps miss Hoseok and his puns?

“No way have I missed that idiot and his stupid puns.”

“Making up puns about the finest soil is the loess form of humour.” A low voice mumbled from behind him. Yoongi had woken up. Namjoon was now sure the pun disease was real, and he couldn’t escape from it.