-02

Better Left Unsaid

“Noona, I want to go home now.” Jiho, Hye-In’s little brother, whined as he annoyingly tugged on his Peter Pan costume.

“5 more minutes, Jino~ah.” She pleaded.

“But you’ve said that centuries ago! The play is already over!” He complained as he stump his feet.

They have been standing outside Jiho’s school for 30 minutes but the little bugger likes to exaggerate things. She checked her watch again and it says 8:08 pm and they have to be home by 8:30 because their parents will be having a family dinner to make up for not being able to attend her brother’s play.

She signed and finally gave up. “O.. Okay. Let’s go home.” She signalled the guards that was standing a few feet away from them trying to blend in as civilians but failing since they were wearing suits and are basically giants.

They escorted them to their car but before Hye-In slid in the car, she looked around once more hoping he’d come and explain to her why he was late but her expectations left her disappointed.

 

Morning rolled in and as the servants was about to knock on her door Hye-In was already awake. She opened the door, already in her uniform, and went down stairs to eat breakfast.

As she entered the kitchen, her dad stopped his hands that was about to sip the coffee. “What got you up so early, princess?”

“Just got some homework to do because I wasn’t able to do them last night.”  She said as she sat down and began slicing her pancake.

He raised his eyebrow before nodding, buying her lie. When in fact she wasn’t able to get some sleep last night thinking of how cruel Chanyeol could be for not showing up for God knows how many events she had invited him to. He could have at least told her through text that he couldn’t make it. What if he doesn’t have your number? She texts him almost everyday so how could he not have her number? What if he was busy checking some papers? Again. He could’ve texted me. Ooor he was on a date? He doesn’t like anyone right now I’m sure of it.  But the more she thinks of it the more she’s starting to doubt it so that’s what made her so determined to go to school early to ask him personally about the matter.

 

The moment she arrived in school the people hanging out with their friends turned and was surprised to see she was early for the first time. She may have never been absent in school but that doesn’t mean she was always on time. Besides Chanyeol wasn’t her teacher for the first two periods so she always takes her time in the morning to get ready.

Hye-In headed straight to Chanyeol’s classroom not minding the looks of the early birds and closed the door behind her. Chanyeol turned to see who it was and the shock was evident in his face but he quickly recovered and asked, “What—“

Before he could ask her something she beat him to it and asked, “Are you dating anyone right now?”

He starred at her, wide eyed before realizing. He chuckled, “Ahh. I get it.”

He proceeded to what he was doing as he says, “You thought I was with someone else last night when I didn’t show up, did you?”

“Yeah.” That caught him offguard. He thought she would deny it but then again, she is Hye-In.

“You should assume more often so that you always get to school on time.” He smiles and motioned her get to class just as the first bell rang.