-01

Better Left Unsaid

“Mr. Park!” Hye-In called out in a whisper but loud enough for Chanyeol to hear since she was purposely standing beside him ‘looking’ for books in the library.

He heaved out a sigh then quietly asked, “What is it, Miss Choi?”

It was not the first time, or the second time, or the third time– basically she approach him at least twice a day and could not remember if she ever missed a day in school.

She smiled to herself as she scans the room to see if anyone was looking before handing him a white envelope. He hesitantly accepted it and asked, “What is this?”

It was not the first time for her to give him things too. The recent one she gave him was ticket to a movie that starts at 7 pm and ends at 9:20. Of course he kindly declined the offer reasoning that he had tons of papers he had to check but of course being the persistent girl that she was, she offered to help him after school to which he accepted just to make her leave. He actually ended up hiding from her in the boys CR and only went out until it was clear she went home.

“It’s an invitation for a play my brother is doing in his school tomorrow. Mom and dad couldn’t make it so they asked me instead. I was hoping to tag you along with me if you’re not busy.” She says as she randomly grabs a book from the shelf then casually flips through the pages.

Chanyeol starred at the invitation in his hand that says ‘You’re invited to a date with Choi Hye-In tonight after watching her brother’s play at SeongJeon Elementary School. Meeting time is at 6pm and the time it would end is whenever the said guess wants.’. He could never understand what was running through this girl’s head. Why couldn’t she understand that he wasn’t interested and the fact that she’s practically a student and he’s a teacher screams bad idea. She could be suspended and he could be fired. Not that he was thinking about going out with her.

“Look, Miss Choi, you’re a nice and smart girl but it’s better if you don’t waste your time to a guy like me. You deserve a guy who could return your feelings and someone who’s not a teacher at that.” He gently said as he hands her the invitation back.

She starred at the returned invitation and chuckled, “I’ve never felt like this with a guy before, Mr. Park, so you’re pretty special. You may not be able to return my feelings now but I can wait.”

Smiling up to him, “Keep it, Mr. Park. In case you change your mind.” She returned the book from where she got it and walked away.

Chanyeol signed, “What am I gonna do with you Hye-In?” Dismissing the thought, he proceeded to look for the books he needed.