Injury

Running Buddies

Lynn walked out of her building with a heavy sigh. Her doctor said she had to stop running because of her knee, which cut what little time she and Namjoon could spend together down significantly. Exercise had always been a valid excuse to see each other. Thankfully the doctor had approved low impact exercise and she was determined to not fall too far behind, so here she was, getting ready to go for a walk.

"Ugh. Walks by yourself are so boring." She huffed, talking to no one in particular while she adjusted her headphones and headed to the street.

"Maybe you should do something else then." Namjoon's voice called to her. Stopped in her tracks, she found him leaning against a lamp post.

"Namjoon? What are you doing here?"

"Not even a hello?" He walked towards her looking a little hurt.

"Sorry. Hi!" She checked the surrounding area before planting a quick kiss on his cheek. "...what are you doing here?"

"I have a surprise for you." He grabbed her hand with a sneaky smile and hailed a taxi.

"A surprise? This early in the morning?" She looked him over, trying to guess what was going on. He was dressed in his usual covert work out gear. He already knew she couldn't run with him. What was he planning?

"Yes. A surprise this early in the morning." They got in a taxi and he gave the address to BigHit.

BigHit? What could we possibly be doing there? she wondered.

Thanks to her deep concentration, the trip was over in a flash. Namjoon paid the driver and led her into the building.

"How's your knee?" He asked with a touch of concern in his eyes.

"It still hurts but I'm making the best of it. Not going to let it keep me down!" She flexed an arm to show her determination.

He smiled with relief as they entered the company gym.

"Namjoon. You know I can't run with you. What are we doing here?"

"I know. I thought we could still work out together though. No one ever comes in here this early so it'll still just be the two of us." He led her over to a stationary bike. "Here. This is low impact, right?"

Lynn's heart filled with warmth. He cared enough to make sure they still worked out together and that she would be doing it safely. A wide smile spread across her face. Namjoon's heart skipped a beat when he saw it.

"Yes. That'll work just fine." She settled in on the bike and started messing with controls. 

"Let me know if you need anything." 

"I will." Namjoon left her to get adjusted and headed to start his own workout.

After fiddling with the bike for awhile, Lynn found some settings she liked and got her music going. She finally had a chance to look up and found Namjoon on the treadmill right in front of her. She wondered if he chose that treadmill on purpose. Deciding it didn't matter whether he did or not, she started to study him. His clothes were all baggy so it was a bit hard to see anything but she could tell his muscles were working hard. Without her running next to him, his strides were long and powerful. She shook her head slightly, wondering why he was still bundled up when they were in BigHit.

As if on cue, he gracefully hopped up and placed his feet on the sides of the treadmill with the belt still going at his running pace. He took his hat off and then slowly pulled his hoodie up over his head and tossed it onto the treadmill next to him. Lynn's eyes grew wide. He was left with a tank top that was sticking to him like a second skin. She took a quick scan of the gym to double check no one else was there and, grinning a bit wickedly, she slowly took him in. He ran a hand through his sweaty hair before putting his hat back on. Then he raised his arms up and stretched them out along with his back. Lynn watched his muscles tense and relax as he worked out the kinks. She'd never get used to how toned he was underneath all the clothes he always wore. Not too muscley. Just enough. It was like a secret he kept just for her. 

Namjoon lifted himself up on the arms of the treadmill and started matching his pace to the belt. His triceps were taught from the pressure and glistening from being trapped inside the hoodie. He seemed to be holding himself up longer than he needed to and Lynn started to wonder if something was going on. Before her thought could fully form, he let his full weight drop on the treadmill and took off running. 

Thanks to the clinging tank top, Lynn could see everything. Muscles straining, shoulder blades gliding, arms pumping. She was absolutely mesmerized. Her focus didn't waver until he started slowing down to a walk. She quickly brought her attention back to her bike. She barely kept in a gasp. She worked way harder than she intended!

Namjoon turned off the treadmill and let himself slide off the back before taking a graceful step off. He was wiping his head and body down with a towel.

"How was that?" He asked with a tinge of mischief in his eyes.

"What do you mean?" Lynn replied innocently. Namjoon smirked and placed his hands on the handlebars of the bike. His firey eyes held hers for a moment before dropping down to the controls.

"Wow you worked hard!" He said as he pushed himself back up.

"Huh? Oh. Yeah. You know me. I won't take this injury sitting down. Well... I guess I will. But you know what I mean." She laughed half heartedly. She grabbed her few items and got off the bike. She took a step toward Namjoon and her bad knee gave out. She grabbed the bike with one hand as Namjoon grabbed her other arm before she fell down.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his concern now back in full force.

"Yes, yes I'm fine." She gently brushed him off and set about straightening herself back out. She took a deep breath and stepped carefully. When her knee didn't give out she gave him a reassuring smile and headed toward the door. A few more steps and her knee gave out again. Namjoon caught her before she fell again. Lynn let out an almost silent string of curses under her breath. She started to get back up but was suddenly scooped up into Namjoon's arms. Instinctively, she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Gunna go with you're not okay." He said flatly, giving her a look.

"Okay fine. I may or may not have gotten distracted by something or someone in the gym which may or may not have caused me to unknowingly work too hard on the bike and now my knee seems to be quite upset about it. Or maybe this is all just a ploy to get into your arms. The world may never know." She took a cautious side glance to read his expression.

"I see..." he said, seemingly up to something. He walked her over to one of the weight machines and set her down on the seat. Lynn glanced around to notice it was a pull machine. Her vision came back forward to find Namjoon sitting down on the bench with her, facing her. "I need to get a few reps in, if you don't mind. Can't have you running away."

"You know perfectly well that I can't run away." Lynn protested.

"Better to be safe than sorry." He winked. "Now if you'll excuse me." He reached around to adjust his weight settings, bringing his still shining chest incredibly close to Lynn. "Hmm..." he pondered as Lynn gulped.

"Hmm?"

"You seem to be sitting in front of the counter balance pads."

"I don't have to sit here you know. I promise that I won't run away." She motioned to get up and he caught her behind her good knee before she barely started to stand.

"It's okay. This will work just fine." He pulled her legs up over his knees. Lynn gripped the bottom of the seat out of surprise. The mischief had returned to his eyes. "If you need something to hold onto, you can hold here." He said, placing her hands on his sides. Lynn bit her lip and kept her head down. Namjoon would never let her live it down if he saw how flushed she was. He grinned at the top of her head before reaching up to grab the bar. "Here we go." He warned. Lynn felt his muscles contract as he started doing reps. She stared a hole into his chest and watched as he continually pulled the bar down between them, eyes straying on occasion to make sure his arm muscles were still working. (At least that's what she told herself anyway.)

He had done two sets of ten in practically no time. Toward the end of the third set, Lynn couldn't take it anymore. He pulled the bar between them and Lynn kissed him. Namjoon grunted into her kiss as he pulled the bar down further and locked his elbows. Lynn took the opportunity to explore his incredibly taut muscles that were straining with the weight as she continued to kiss him. She'd felt his muscles before - when he held her or held himself above her - but that was nothing compared to this. Fire burned within her as she felt his raw power. A small and quiet whimper escaped her when he pulled away. He gave her an almost scolding look as he slowly released the bar with great care, ensuring it wouldn't crash, before taking her face in his hands and kissing her passionately. It was cut short as he moved away to gasp for air. Lynn's eyes wandered over him again. He seemed to be on fire. Rolls of heat were coming off of him, sweat still glistening, labored breaths. Not giving him time to recover, she kissed him again. She tangled a hand in his hair and pulled herself up onto his lap with a hand on his arm. He returned her kisses but hadn't wrapped his arms around her yet. She moved them for him but he held her loosely.

"Are you okay?" She asked between kisses.

"Yes. Just temporarily worn out from the unexpected extra weight training." He replied before snaking an arm up her back. He scooted closer to the machine and leaned her back against the support post behind the pads, pressing against her. "Is that better?" He questioned as he kissed down , which was now exposed thanks to the new angle. Eyes closed, Lynn kept a hand behind his head and one on his shoulder.

"Just fine, thank you." She managed to reply. He kisses continued to meander as he started to massage her bad knee. Lynn relaxed against the machine with a moan and she felt him smile against her shoulder. She didn't have the strength to smack him which made him smile even more. He placed one last sultry kiss right below the bottom of before sitting up.

"Lynn?"

"Mm?"

"You're going to be late."

"Mm?" Namjoon chuckled. before pulling her to sit up straight. She opened her eyes with great difficulty. He caught her gaze.

"You're going to be late." He nodded to the clock on the wall. She turned to look and did a double take.

"I'm going to be late!" She shot up off the machine, only to sit back down because her knee gave out again. Namjoon laughed, though his face was sympathetic.

"Let me help. I've still got time before I need to be in a meeting." He slid out from underneath her, helped her up, and wrapped one of her arms around his neck before he realized he couldn't fully stand that way. "Looks like it's going to have to be a piggy back ride." He turned to help her stand up on the machine's seat and then turned his back to her.

"You're sure you're going to be able to hold me?"

"Yes, I'm sure. Even my muscles know that you're too precious to let anything happen to you." Lynn grinned at his sweet words.

"Okay. Here I come." She gingerly positioned herself on his back. He shifted her into a comfortable position and headed for the door. "I think working out together is my favorite thing." She mused.

"I think picking the treadmill in front of the bike you were on is my favorite thing. I almost wish your knee doesn't heal." He joked.

"I knew it!! I knew something was fishy! You were teasing me that whole time!" And with sudden renewed strength, she smacked his arm.