Shinwon

Pentagon Drabbles

It was morning. You and you boyfriend, shinwon is having a solemn breakfast when you decided to break the silence by informing him something. 
“Im gonna be late today.” You said. Shinwon just nodded and continued eating but you noticed something in him that made you arched your brow. “Are you that happy, huh?” 
“h-ha?” 
You sighed and glared at him. “Why are you smiling? Are you that happy that im going home late?”
 “N-no! what made you think that?” He said defensively before avoiding your gaze, still trying to prevent himself from smiling. 
“Ko Shinwon..” 
Shinwon stood up and approached you. “I’ll take a bath first. I love you.” He then kissed you at the top of your head before running towards the bathroom. you just shook your head in annoyance, preventing yourself from getting mad  since it’s morning so you just quietly finished your breakfast and wait for him to get finished taking a bath. 
-
“Are you okay?” Your coworker asked you when she noticed that you seem dazed and out of focus. You take a deep sigh before answering. 
“Im okay.. just thinking about some things.” 
“Things? Or.. Your boyfriend?”
You looked at her. “How did you..” 
She shrugged her shoulders. “I just know. Am I right?” You nodded making her shook her head. 
“What’s wrong this time?”
“I told him Im going to be late today.. and he looks happy with it.” 
“You know what? This is only my opinion, I hope you wont take this seriously, okay?” You nodded. “I think.. he’s not serious with you.” 
“W-what?” You tried to smile but it looked so forced so you lowered your head, biting your lower lip. 
“I mean.. you’ve been together for so many years already. He should’ve asked you for marriage by now. But.. nothing. Until when are you going to accept that kind of set-up?” your coworker held your hand making you look at her. “You’re a girl worth marrying for. Don’t let yourself be like that. You deserve something else.. someone.. better.” 
-
You stared at the door while hesitating to open it. You’ve been thinking about what your co-worker has said earlier that made you so out-of-focus so you decided to go home early, hoping to find shinwon there and talk to him. You held the doorknob tightly, taking a deep sigh before opening the door.
But you were welcomed with darkness. Am I too early? You started looking around the house until you noticed a light on the garden. You took a step carefully and saw shinwon, standing with his back facing you. You opened the glass door and entered the garden. 
“S-shinwon? What are you doing there?” 
Shinwon looked so startled upon hearing your voice. He turned around and you saw he is holding a ring. Your eyes widened as you take it and stared at it. 'An engagement ring'. You then look at shinwon, who looks really nervous right now as he stares at you. Your heart started to beat faster as you’re trying to process what is happening right now. 
“Y-you’re asking me for marriage?” Shinwon nodded slowly. 
“I.. I was actually planning to decorate the place.. but..” You looked around and saw a lot of decoration on the grass. You look at him again, this time with tears in your eyes. 
You swallowed while preventing yourself from crying. “Y-you.. you should do it properly..” 
Shinwon sighed deeply before carefully taking away the ring from you and kneeling in one feet. 
“I.. actually prepared a script when you were away so I could convince you to marry me. But.. as soon as I saw your face, I forgot everything I memorized. The only thing I know and I will never forget is to ask you to marry me and be with me forever… I-im sorry if it took so long. This fear in my heart just wont leave me alone. Please, marry me.” 
You tried to suppress your smile. “What if I say no?” 
He looked surprised for a bit but he still answered you. “Then I’ll ask you everyday, and im willing to wait until you finally say yes.” 
You finally gave him a smile before nodding slowly. “You don’t have to do that. I’ll marry you.” 
His mouth formed an ‘O’ before sighing due to relief and smiling widely. He stood up, grabbed your left hand and tried to put the ring on your finger but his hands are trembling, making it hard for him to put the ring. You laugh a little and held his hand. 
“Relax.. I already said yes.” He stared at your smiling face for a while before smiling too. He finally manage to put the ring in your finger. He stared at it for awhile before he looked at you. He planted a kiss on your forehead and pulled you into a gentle hug. 
-