Two

Why do I need Feet when I Have Wings to Fly

Jinwoo walked in front of that house, telling himself again and again that it would be the last time he goes around this neighborhood. He would leave and leave everything behind. He had always been empty for as long as he remembered. He had forgotten what it felt to be in control of your own body since his youngest age. It was too much to handle to be totally conscious, maybe he deserved it.  He was floating, hovering over the city when it happened so his memory was blurry. He was never free to fly, his feet were still tied down. And every time it happened again he was no longer Jinwoo, he could no longer see anything, It was him but it wasn’t him at the same time. Calling for help had become futile, he would just observe from the distance the one struggling under the weight of another...but the one was always himself. His own face changing to please another. Until that one night where he learned what sensations were. How it felt to belong to a body.

 

Mino's normal life had resume without him knowing anything that might have happened to Jinwoo. He had tried looking for him a few times but even he hadn't come back from that place. Maybe he just worried too much and he was just fine but he couldn't help it, he wanted to make sure he was fine.
He longed for those slim and cold hands and he yearned even more for the man's happiness. Sometimes weirdly it's as if he saw glimpses of him but by the time he blinked it was already gone. It was a one night thing and he knew he wasn’t suppose to feel this way. He held on into the crumpled piece of paper in his pockets, as if holding on to a ghost. He read the simple words over and over again, the fine lines written with care where a simple "Thank You" was written. A message that spoke of unheard volume. Days turned to week, weeks turned to months, months turned to seasons, and there went a year, and another year. After 2 years things were finally started to go mildly well in Mino’s life but he still remembered that man. Jinwoo. They had spent only one night together. Mino looked through his box to have a crippled piece of paper with a writing that was getting fainter. He could almost picture Jinwoo sitting on his bedside to write that letter. It had also been 2 years that he realised he had no place in the world, that was until he met Jinwoo but even Jinwoo is gone now. That’s right that night, he could have had been dining with his wife if she wasn’t caught cheating. In the end he was relieved, he was free, like he had wings. He had always felt alone with her anyway and only went along, maybe he wanted to prove something to himself. Although it had hurt him tremendously, but it felt like he has always felt hurt. Even now 2 years later, the only time it didn’t hurt was that one night he had spent with a man he had just met. He thought that maybe he might have been into males but in the end no one could replace what he had, the sparks for a night. It would have maybe been different if they had met under other circumstances….but it was the circumstances that brought their fates together.

On the 3rd years that’s when he saw him again. He had hope that the situation would be different for him. As Mino was leaving the restaurant alone, he recognize him, even without seeing his face. The man, the waiter was getting molested at the back of the restaurant and Mino acted without thinking, grabbing into that wrist he thought he would never touch again. Running in the streets like they had done before. “Are you okay?….” Mino asked softly. To the man that looked at him straight in the eyes, no emotions betraying him from his cold eyes. “I didn’t think I’d ever seen you again..and I didn’t intend to” Jinwoo started turning his back. “My name is Song Mino! I’m just an average salary man, Nice to meet you!” Mino said bowing and holding out his hands. He wanted to change their circumstances. Jinwoo hesitated slowly backing away. “I….” Jinwoo started looking down. He didn’t want to show his face, he was ashamed. “Don’t leave! not again…” Mino said slowly forcing a smile. Jinwoo stopped in his step, giving up, troubled, confused. He smiled, his insides aching, tears betraying him as they fell on his cheeks at once. “Nice to meet you Mino...My name is Kim Jinwoo, Please take care of me!” Jinwoo broke down holding out his hands. Mino hugged him tightly and protectively like he might fly away. They had waited for so long to be able to assemble the missing pieces of their hearts. They were full, completed for the first time, yet they had never felt so light. And now they didn’t need their feet when they could fly on their own. Together. In a new beginning.

 

 

 

--------/------------------------/------------------/

A/N:

Thank you very much for readig this! It was short but I hoped it was still satisfying to read!

I'm worried it was too short haha

Is there more things that I should have been touching upon with this story?

Tell me your thoughts with a little comment! Have a great day :)