Slipping Away Slowly

The Next Best Thing

 

 

Minho met Kibum in college. They met in science class and the rest was history. 

 

They dated the last two years of college, but most people didn't know. It's not that it was a secret it was more of Minho wasn't good at showing his feelings for Kibum. 

He was affection with him when they were alone, sometimes, but that was it. He wasn't really good about talking about his feelings or expressing himself at all, he came off rather distant. Most people thought they were just close friends that liked to hang around each other. 

 

They were adults now and were twenty two, Kibum being a few months older but they didn't use honorifics between them.

Minho worked as a teachers assistant or 'TA' in biology at a university. Kibum and he met in science class but that wasn't Kibum's major. In fact Kibum wasn't sure what he wanted to do at the moment. He went to college but dropped out for a little, not knowing what he wanted to major in. His parents were pissed, but it's better he drop out now then spend money in something he wasn't even sure he wanted to do. He had part time jobs to make money.

They had their own apartments but Kibum always talked about moving in with each other. Minho didn't know if he was ready for that yet. But they had keys to each other's apartments.

The were currently in Minho's bed lounging around. Minho was on his laptop while Kibum was laying under the covers on his phone. 

"Oh yea, Kibum?" Minho called.

"Mmmm?" Kibum answered distractedly, he was still surfing his phone. 

"I'm meeting up with some friends of mine tomorrow, their TA's at the university too, would you like to come?"

Kibum looked up at him.

"Mmmm sounds boring." Kibum laughed and looked back on his phone.

Minho didn't laugh. 

"Please? They want to meet you anyway, I spoke about you."

Kibum looked at him again with his eyebrows raised.

"Really?" He was genuinely surprised. Minho talked about him.

"Yes, will you come please?" 

Kibum shrugged and wrapped himself in the covers.

"I guess so...I'm taking a nap. Wake me up in thirty." Kibum yawned. He pecked Minho lips before he laid down. Minho went back to typing.

 

It was just a normal peaceful afternoon for them, but little did Minho know it would be one of their last ones.

 

-

 

Kibum was fixing his hair dark brown hair in the mirror. Minho was ready, just dressed in jeans and a nice button up. He wore his hair in a bowl cut Kibum fixed for him. Kibum wore tight black skinnies with holes in them and black and white thin striped button loose up. He had the first few buttons undone. 

He looked stunning in Minho's opinion.

"How do I look?" Kibum asked spinning around.

"Good." Was all Minho said.

Kibum sighed and just grabbed his wallet and phone.

"Ready?" Minho said placing his hand on Kibum's lower back to lead him out the door. 

They walked outside deciding to walk to their destination since it wasn't too far from Minho's apartment.

Minho had his hands in his pocket and Kibum crossed his arms while he walked. They didn't hold hands in public often. It's not that they didn't want too, Kibum definitely wanted too but always ended up being the one to initiate it. It was tiring after a while, so he kind of just gave up.

 

They walked into a small shop that sold variety of foods. Minho put his hand on Kibum's back again and pointed in the direction where he saw his friends. 

"That's them." 

They walked to the table where they saw two men sitting, one with light brown hair and a smaller one with light blonde hair, but when they saw them the stood up and bowed. Kibum returned the gesture.

"Guys, this is my boyfriend Kibum. Kibum this is Jinki and Jonghyun. My co-workers." Minho introduced. 

"Nice to meet you." Kibum said and showed his dimpled smile. 

He saw Jonghyun staring intensely at Kibum, but he didn't think much of it. They all sat down with the couple sitting next to each other and Jinki and Jonghyun together. 

"We've heard a lot about you!" The one named Jinki said. 

"Really? Good things I hope." Kibum smirked.

"He failed to mention how stunning you are though." Jonghyun said so casually.

Kibum just laughed shyly because his comment caught him off guard and Jinki elbowed Jonghyun in the ribs. Minho just watched. 

"Thank you...So you guys work with Minho?" Kibum asked leaning forward on his arms. Kibum was more of a talker than his boyfriend and less shy.

"Yep, well kind of. We don't work in the same department. We're just all TA's. I'm a TA for Korean history." Jinki said.

"I'm a TA in photography." Jonghyun said after.

"Really? Those sound interesting. But what kind of pictures do you take?" Kibum said directing his question to Jonghyun. It's not that he didn't find Jinki interesting he just found the topic of photography more interesting Minho noticed. 

"Well anything really, whatever I can get a good shot of." Kibum nodded.

"Including attractive people. Do you model Kibum?" Jonghyun continued.

Minho squinted his eyes a little, was Jonghyun flirting with his boyfriend? Literally in front of him? No, he couldn't be. Jonghyun was a nice guy, he wasn't like that.

"No...Why?" Kibum said flustered. He was blushing a little. Why was he blushing?

"I just think you would be good at modeling, don't you think Minho?"  Jonghyun said directing his attention to him.

"Of course." Minho said.

"I can take your headshots if you want, I have nice professional cameras." Jonghyun smiled. 

"Oh thanks...but I don't know about me modeling? I don't know if that would fit into what I want to do..."

"What do you do?" Jinki butted in.

"Uhm well...nothing at the moment. I don't really know what I really want to do with my life right now..." Kibum looked down embarrassed and played with his fingers. 

"Nothing wrong with that, I'm twenty five now, but I was twenty three when I finally realized what I wanted to be. It just takes longer for some people to find their passion, you know? Those who find out what they want to do while they are young just get a little bit of a head start, but we'll catch up." Jonghyun said. A kind smile was on his face and his round eyes were glistening.

Kibum smiled back and they looked at each other for a few moments before Kibum looked away and directed his attention toward Minho. 

"What do you think babe? Should I give modeling a shot?" Kibum joked. 

"Well...Uhm if you want too..." Minho said. 

He knew he didn't sound very encouraging but he didn't think modeling was a promising career path. He didn't mean to be pessimistic, but he couldn't help it.

He guessed Kibum could feel this vibe from him because then he just looked away and frowned a little.

"I think you'd be great." Jonghyun added.

"If your ever serious about it let me know. I'll take your headshots for free." He mentioned again.

Minho saw Kibum brighten up at this a little and smile again.

 

It was just a regular day where Minho wanted to introduce Kibum to his friends. He never thought this would be a day he would regret.

 

-

 

Minho and Kibum were on a little date a few days later. They were eating in a small place just enjoying time with each other. They were quiet but not an awkward silence, Kibum was used to it by now.

"Babe, I have to leave around 3." Kibum said randomly.

Minho stopped his spoon full of soup mid-air and looked at his boyfriend.

"Why?" Minho asked eyeing him.

"Well, I'm going to talk about this modeling thing with Jonghyun Hyung." Kibum said nonchalantly.

Wait, when did they start talking?

"Huh? When did you two decide to discuss this?" Minho asked curious. 

"He gave me his number that day we all met up. You were in the bathroom I think." Minho nodded his head.

"So your seriously thinking about modeling?" 

"Yes." Kibum simply stated.

"Is their something wrong with that?" Kibum asked irritated.

"I mean, just because someone randomly suggested this idea doesn't mean you have to do it." Minho said not realizing he was pissing his boyfriend off.

Kibum laughed lowly.

"Okay, Minho. Thanks for your undying support. Your the best." He said sarcastically. 

"I'm just being real." Minho added.

"A real , yes. I thought you would support me! I already get enough from my parents." 

"It's just this modeling thing is so sudden Kibum, don't you think?" Minho questioned. He was getting nervous because he knew he was making him upset now.

"Okay." Kibum stood up and gathered his things and his unfinished food on the table.

"I'm leaving early. I'll see you later." Kibum walked away without giving Minho a second look.

Minho just sighed and sat there finishing his food. Kibum will calm down later.

~

It was 7 o'clock and Minho hadn't heard from Kibum all day. Was he still mad at him?

He was getting worried and dialed his number. It rang all the way through.

"What the..."

Minho tried calling again. It took a while for Kibum to answer.

"Hello?" 

"Kibum? Hey, where are you?"

"I'm still with Jonghyun Hyung."

Minho blinked.

"Still? What are you guys doing?"

"Well he just asked to hang out after we talked. We just ate, I bought you some food though. I'll come over later and give it to you." 

Minho nodded even though Kibum couldn't see him.

"Oh...okay...Uhm...."

"I gotta go now, Hyung and I are about to go in a store. I'll talk to later okay babe?"

"Okay but-" 

Kibum hung up before he could answer. He knew Kibum was probably still annoyed at him for earlier.

He just decided to wait for him.

 

-

 

The past few weeks Minho noticed that a Kibum had been on his phone and checking it more often then not. He saw him furiously typing and giggle at the screen. 

He was like this today too, he had barely paid any attention to him today. He wanted his attention.

They were sitting on Kibum's bed when Minho started kissing Kibum's neck. This made Kibum put his phone down on the night stand.

"Oh? Your in the mood now?" Kibum smirked. 

Minho only pushed Kibum back gently onto the bed and kissed his lips. Kibum burried his hands in his hair and wrapped his legs around him. They were getting into it when Kibum's phone started ringing.

Kibum looked over at it but Minho grabbed it and turned it off. He placed it back and turned to Kibum.

"Your mine tonight." 

 

-

 

Minho was at work grading left over papers for the teacher he worked under. It took him about an hour and a half when he decided to head for lunch. On his way there he ran into Jonghyun.

"Hey Minho, what's up?" Jonghyun waved at him and jogged over to him.

"Hey Hyung, what are you doing here? Your not in this department?" Minho asked.

"Well hello to you too. But I was just here with another TA hanging out. Both our classes got cancelled. But I'm glad I found you though!" Jonghyun said.

"Right."

Minho and Jonghyun had became friends at the start of the school last year, so he's known him for almost a year and a half now, but they had started hanging out more recently this pass year. Jonghyun was very talkative while Minho wasn't, but he didn't mind, it was like that with Kibum too. He liked Jonghyun a lot, he thought he was a good guy and he looked up to him.

"How have you been Minho? I haven't seen you in a couple of days." Jonghyun said walking alongside him. He didn't know where he was going but just decided to follow him.

"I've been okay. Schools fine. But I don't know...Kibum's been acting a little strange lately." He wasn't sure why he decided to share that thought with Jonghyun.

Jonghyun's eyebrows furried.

"Why? What's wrong?" Minho was caught off guard by how concerned Jonghyun looked.

"Well he's just been a little distant lately. I guess it might be due to the fact that I haven't support him with this whole 

modeling thing."

"I see..." Jonghyun said looking down. Minho looked at him strangely.

"Why don't you support him?" Jonghyun asked.

"It's...just not realistic. I don't know why he took what you said seriously." Minho shrugged.

"Because I was serious about what I said." Jonghyun stopped walking and stood where he stopped. Minho raised an eyebrow at him.

"I think he'd be good at it. I mean he's tall and very attractive." Jonghyun continued.

Minho narrowed his eyes at him.

"I know this already..."

"So then I don't see what the problem is." Jonghyun said and started walking again.

"This is between me and Kibum, Hyung. I think you should watch what territory your stepping into."

"Actually this is all up to Kibum. You shouldn't hold him back from something he wants to do." Now Minho was getting irritated. Why was Jonghyun in his business?

"Kibum wants to try this. Why don't you-"

"How do you know what he wants Jonghyun?!" Minho said raising his voice and dropping the honorific. 

"Because I've talked to him Minho!" Jonghyun said raising his voice as well.

"Kibum is my boyfriend so you don't need worry about him." Minho said lowly. He turned away and walked off leaving Jonghyun standing there.

 

-

 

Minho was lying in bed watching Kibum get dressed after he got out the shower. They had just had and he just wanted to lay in bed with him, but Kibum said he had to go somewhere.

Kibum had just slide on his pants and checked his hair in the mirror. 

"Kibum, where are you going?" 

Kibum looked at Minho through the mirror.

"I told you I was going out."

"Yea, but where?"

"You wont get mad if I tell you...?" 

Minho shook his head.

"I'm going to get my head shots done by Jonghyun. And then I don't know, we may hang out after."

Minho told Kibum about him and Jonghyun's argument last week. But he didn't tell him what it was about. He and Jonghyun have met up and apologized since then. But Minho felt uneasy about the idea of Kibum going out with him. 

Minho didn't say anything and just nodded his head.

Kibum took his silence as acceptance and finished getting ready. He looked down at his phone.

"Jonghyun's outside, so I'll go now okay?" Kibum walked to the bed and leant down and kissed Minho's forehead.

"Bye Min." Kibum said waving.

~

Kibum came back around seven hours later. It was ten o'clock. 

Minho heard him opening his door and heard him speaking to someone who expected was Jonghyun.

He heard them laughing and talking loudly. He walked out into the living but Jonghyun was already gone and Kibum was just standing at the door smiling to himself and he was blushing like crazy.

 

Minho was definitely uneasy with Jonghyun around Kibum.

 

-

 

"Hey Kibum, what's up with you and Jonghyun?" Minho said out the blue while they were out. He didn't think it was the best time to bring it up but it has been  bugging him in the back of his mind for days now.

"What do you mean Min?" Kibum asked.

Minho's eye twitched

"You guys have been getting pretty close..."

"Oh yea, well Jjong's a nice guy. I like being around him that's all." 

Jjong?

"Well, don't you think you should spend a little less time with him?"

Kibum laughed softly.

"Is my Minho getting jealous." Kibum cooed. He tried to lean forward and press his lips against his to assure him he had nothing I worry about. But Minho backed up.

"We're in public."

"Oh right..." Kibum said sulkily. Kibum kept his hands to himself the rest of their outing.

 

-

 

"Min! Look at this!" Kibum said running into him in the kitchen.

"What is it?" Minho asked ditractidly while  he tried to make something on the stove. 

"It's the headshots Jjong took for me! Don't I look great?" He asked excitedly.

Minho took them in his hands and looked over him, Kibum did look really handsome. He worked the camera well.

"You look nice." Was all Minho said.

Kibum snatched them back.

"Well Jjong said I looked stunning. He always says that though, so now I don't know when he really means it." Kibum laughed to himself.

Minho didn't think it was funny. At all.

"Jjong said he thinks I'll get a lot of call backs. We already applied to a few agencies." Kibum said.

Minho raised an eyebrow.

"Seriously Kibum?"

"Seriously Minho. Jjong said it was best to get a move on and start now." Kibum said stuffing his headshots under his arm.

Minho was getting a little tired of hearing Jonghyun's name.

"Are you going to apply for this fall semester coming up for school again?" 

Kibum groaned.

"No Minho I'm not, I decided not to, okay? Look can't you just be happy for me? Please?" He ran a hand through his hair.

"Jjong is trying to help and support me. Why can't you?" 

"I don't care what Jonghyun does Kibum." Minho said sternly.

 

Kibum walked away.

 

-

 

The sight of seeing Jonghyun pressed up to Kibum on his couch, when he came over to visit really put him in a bad mood.

Kibum and had asked for Minho to come over. It seemed he forgot.

They were on the couch laughing about something and Kibum's head was leaned on Jonghyun's shoulder and Jonghyun had a hand on his thigh. Minho made a noise to let them know he was there.

They both whipped their heads around.

"Minho I didn't even hear you come in!" Kibum said, still with a big smile on his face from laughing.

"Hey Minho!" Jonghyun chirped.

Minho looked at the two suspiciously before he spoke.

"You asked me to come over today...remember...?" 

"Oh yea! I'm sorry, I forgot I was hanging out with Jonghyun today, forgive me." Kibum said poking his bottom lip out to look cute and innocent. But Minho wasn't falling for it today.

"I can leave." Jonghyun said standing up.

"What? No, no! We can all hang out together. I was going to make just a small dinner for us, but I can make it for three." Kibum said.

Minho wanted to be alone with Kibum, but he didn't voice his opinion.

 

He and Kibum sat next to each other at his kitchen table, and Jonghyun sat infront of Kibum. Even though he was right next to Kibum, he still felt really left out. They were laughing and talking about things he didn't know about. Kibum wasn't even trying to include him.

 

He felt so sad that night.

 

 

-

 

Kibum suggested they hang out the next day. They went to the mall just because it gave them something to do. Kibum wanted to hold Minho's hand but Minho just said something about them being in public as usual. He saw how sad it made Kibum and he felt like a jerk afterwards.

Kibum pretty much stayed by Jonghyun's side the rest of the afternoon laughing and giggling with him, to Minho's irritation. 

They stopped when a shop caught Kibum's eye. He kept staring at it and wouldn't move.

"What is it Kibum?" Minho asked.

"That shop! Look, they make couple things. Let's get couple necklaces!" Kibum ran off. 

Minho and Jonghyun had no choice but to follow Kibum. 

But Minho could have sworn he saw a hint of sadness in Jonghyun's face but it went away when Jonghyun caught him staring. When they caught up to Kibum he was already talking to a worker.

"Oh I saw you staring young man! Who might you be buying something for?" The old lady asked.

"Something for my boyfriend and I." Kibum said happily.

"How sweet! Is it this young man here? I saw you two earlier, he is very handsome." The lady said referring to Jonghyun who was hovered over Kibum's shoulder.

Everyone's eyes went wide.

"N-no! No, not him! It's this guy right here." Kibum said yanking Minho's arm to pull him forwards. 

Minho tried to hide the slight irritation in his face, and to ignore the small dreamy smile that was placed on Jonghyun's lips.

 

-

 

Minho picked Kibum up from work one day when he saw that he was in a bad mood.

"Bad day at work?" Minho asked while he drove.

"Its was fine." Kibum said.

"Then what's wrong?" 

"Nothing, nothing. Jjong came by today though." He mentioned.

"What for?" Minho asked bored.

"Well I had told him a while back that I had a single friend, you know Taemin? I said if he was lonely he could talk to him I guess. I gave him his number but I didn't actually think they would meet up and go on a date...he told me that this afternoon." 

Minho smiled a little.

"Really? That's good. I'm happy for them then, aren't you?" Minho said trying to hide his happiness.

"Ecstatic." Was Kibum's sarcastic answer. 

The fact that Kibum seemed so upset up this set off warning bells in his head. But he tried to ignore them.

 

But they were pretty loud.

 

-

 

Minho was eating lunch with Jonghyun at the university. He didn't really want to be around him, but Jonghyun insisted that they should eat together.

Jonghyun was just going on about random topics, nothing particularly important. At least he had enough common sense not to ramble on about his boyfriend, unlike when Kibum rambled about Jonghyun around him.

"I'll be right back, I'm going to go get something to drink!" Jonghyun hopped up and walked down a hallway. 

Minho needed a few seconds away from him. It's not that he was starting to dislike Jonghyun, but he felt that he had been hearing too much about him these past few months. 

Jonghyun phoned made a sound. 

Minho wasn't usually the one to be nosey and go through people's things, but something told him to look. He felt guilty looking at his phone, but that disappeared when he saw something that read 'Kibummie has sent a message'.

Kibummie?

Minho shook his head.

No. Jonghyun was a good guy.

But something else caught his eye. Jonghyun's screensaver. 

It was a picture of Jonghyun and Kibum. Together. In each other's personal space, posing. There wasn't anything particularly bad or inappropriate about the picture, it was the fact that Jonghyun has his boyfriend as a screensaver. 

When he heard Jonghyun come back he left his phone alone. 

He was upset but tried not to show it.

"Jonghyun...how are you and Taemin?" Minho thought about that and figured it would be a good idea to ask this.

"Oh Kibum told you? Haha, well we went out on a date or two. He's nice and everything but...I don't know, he's not my type. I didn't really feel a connection or spark between me and him, you know?"

Minho nodded.

 

This made him wonder what Jonghyun felt between him and Kibum

 

-

 

Minho had nothing to do today, and what better way to spend it then with his boyfriend? That's what he thought at first.

He called Kibum's phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Minho."

"Uhm, Jonghyun?"

Why was Jonghyun answering Kibum's phone?

"Hey man, how's it going?"

"Jonghyun why do you have my boyfriends phone?" He said getting to the point.

"Ohh, he's in the kitchen. He left his phone in the living room, I'll go give it to him."

"Yea. Do that." Minho said with obvious irritation in his voice.

He heard a few rustling sounds until he heard Kibum's voice.

"Hello~" Kibum sang.

"Kibum, let's hang out today. Please." Minho sounded a little desperate, but he just wanted to get him away from Jonghyun.

"I can't Min, don't you remember? I told you I got my first gig." Kibum said with a sad tone.

Minho felt like an . He forgot he told him this.

"I don't expect you to remember or care anyways. Either way, Jjong is taking me-"

"No! Wait, I'll take you!" Minho interrupted.

"Huh?"

"I'll take you, I'll take you to the gig."

"Ohh...well thank you, but I fee like Jonghyun should still go. He did help me with a lot."

"Well I'll drive. I'm coming right now." Minho hung up abruptly and jumped in his car.

~

When he got infront of Kibum's apartment he called his phone and told him he was outside.

Kibum stepped out looking genuinely surprised with Jonghyun right behind him.

"Hey babe, you know you didn't have to do this?" He said getting into the passenger seat, while Jonghyun sat in the back.

"I know, I wanted too." He said leaning forward and kissing his lips. He didn't even bother to acknowledge Jonghyun.

"So what's the gig?" Minho asked as he pulled off.

Kibum sighed.

"I told you! I'm modeling for a small clothing store for their magazine. A model got sick and had to back out, so they called me." Kibum said annoyed.

"Ah right sorry..." Minho mumbled.

"Well it's good he's showing an interest Bum." Jonghyun said from the back.

Minho shot him a dirty glare from the review mirror.

~

Minho and Jonghyun couldn't go in the place where Kibum was taking pictures, but their was a room where they could watch from a window. They didn't talk, they only instead focused on Kibum.

Kibum was really good, Minho had to admit. He looked good in everything they put him in and he followed directions well.

He looked beautiful.

It took about four hours but after everything was done they all packed into Minho's car again. Kibum was in a really good mood.

"You did good." Minho said.

"Thank you! I feel really good about today,  I hope this gives me more opportunities. The directors said I was so good!" Kibum was on cloud nine.

"Jonghyun...h-how do you think I did?" Kibum turned around and asked tentatively.

Why did Kibum want his approval?

"You were amazing of course. Didn't I tell you, you could do it? You were made for this." Jonghyun said. Kibum smiled showing his dimples and turned around. 

 

Kibum hadn't smiled at Minho like that in months.

 

-

 

Minho invited Jonghyun to come have lunch with him. It wasn't really a friendly get together like Jonghyun thought it would be.

They met up during their lunch breaks in a teachers lounge.

"Hey Minho!" Jonghyun said cheerily.

Minho just nodded.

"I'm surprised you wanted to eat with me today, I know you usually like to eat by yourself." Jonghyun teased.

Minho didn't really care for the small talk.

"Jonghyun what's going on with you and Kibum?" Jonghyun didn't even look fazed by the question.

"Mmmm I don't know what you mean. We're friends is all." Jonghyun said taking a bite of his sandwich. 

"Cut the bull. Be honest with me, is Kibum cheating on me with you?" Minho said dangerously low.

Jonghyun looked him in the eye as he spoke.

"No." Was all he said.

"Kibum isn't like that, you should know that." He continued.

"Are you?" Minho challenged. 

Jonghyun sighed and tilted his head down.

"Minho I like you a lot. Your a nice guy and a good friend. I wouldn't sleep with your boyfriend or do something like that to you." He said. 

Minho felt relieved.

"But I'm not going to lie to you and say I don't like him." Jonghyun said lifting his head up and looking him in the eyes.

Now this caught Minho off guard.

"W-what?" Minho asked.

"The moment I saw him I thought he was handsome, but I had no intentions to betray you. Once I got to know him I realized I actually liked him as a person too. So yes, I do like him. A lot actually. We haven't done anything if that's what your thinking. I wouldn't, and especially he wouldn't do that to you. But if Kibum were to change paths and come to me...I'm not going to push him away." 

Minho was angry, but he also felt an overwhelming feeling of sadness and let that mostly take over.

He was loosing Kibum, and he had just been on the sidelines watching.

"I had no intentions of falling for him, I swear. But it just felt like...we clicked. Like we belonged together. I feel like I've been looking for someone like him. I wouldn't just be around him if it was just a lustful feeling, out of respect to you. But I genuinely really like him." Jonghyun said.

Minho started silently crying.

"I'm not making any moves on him or anything, I promise. I just like hanging out with him and being around him." Jonghyun said trying to explain himself. He understood that Jonghyun wasn't actively trying to really steal Kibum away, but in a way he was.

"I'm really sorry Minho..."

 

-

 

The next few weeks Minho had been on edge and been keeping a close eye on Kibum. He hasn't been hanging out with him recently but he had still been in his phone a lot, which makes him think he still texts him.

It was one night when things completely changed between him and his boyfriend. 

Minho was at Kibum's place getting all dressed up. He didn't know where he was going in such nice clothes.

"Kibum where are you going now, at this time of night?" Minho asked anxiously.

"Hmm? I can't just look nice?" Kibum joked.

"But I'm just going to hang out with Jonghyun. I haven't seen him in a while." He said smiling to himself.

"But...it's ten o'clock."

"Yea, so?" Kibum turned around and shrugged. 

Why was Kibum wearing such tight pants and such a translucent shirt? Minho was becoming paranoid.

"What will you two being doing this late at night?"

"What? We're just hanging out at his place that's all." Kibum raised a questioning eyebrow at him.

Was Kibum playing with him?

"Do you think you need to be with some other guy this late at night? You have me!" Minho said raising his voice at the end. He was panicking.

Kibum walked up to Minho and wrapped his arms around his shoulder and kissed him.

"Min, what are you getting at?" He asked softly.

"You're cheating on me!" Minho yelled as he pushed Kibum off of him.

"What?! No I'm not! Why are saying this?"

Minho was trying not to cry.

"Your always with Jonghyun and you talk about him all the time! And what else would you be doing looking like this and going to his place at this time of night? Huh?" 

Kibum looked angry.

"So you think I've been a sleeping with him? Really Minho? You think I'm a cheater?!" 

Minho sat on Kibum's bed and held his head in his hands.He looked up before speaking.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't like Jonghyun."

"I don't like Jonghyun! He's my friend!"

Minho couldn't take it.

"Tell me the truth damnit! Do you have feelings for him? Beyond friendship?" Minho said tiredly.

He saw Kibum hesitate.

"Of course not." He mumbled.

Minho released his tears.

"Please don't lie to me, Kibum. I'm begging you." Minho whimpered.

Kibum stood there quietly. He was staring at Minho, it was a rare sight to see him cry.

"I-I'm sorry Min..." He whispered.

That was it. Minho stood up to leave but Kibum attached himself to him.

"We haven't done anything, I swear! I swear Minho! I m-mean I don't think he even likes me!" Minho glared at him.

Was Kibum feigning ignorance?

"Please Minho, wait! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I don't want to be with him, I want you!" Kibum cried.

Minho stopped infront of Kibum's door. Minho didn't believe him, he knew deep down he wanted to be with Jonghyun.

Why wouldn't he? Jonghyun was handsome, talented, passionate, and sweet. He's seen the way he's treated Kibum, he was nothing but supportive and caring towards him. Jonghyun wasn't afraid to show affection toward him, hell he was bold enough to do it in front of him.

And Minho? He was unaffectionate, unsupportive, and sometimes cold. He couldn't even express himself to Kibum fully, while Kibum did all the time.

Maybe Kibum was just moving on to the next best thing.

Minho shook his head.

"Minho please don't leave me! I'm sorry! I won't ever talk to him again! I promise!" Kibum was still crying and grasping onto Minho so he wouldn't leave.

"You might not have cheated on my physically, but you cheated on me emotionally." Minho said. "And...I still can't handle that..." Even if they didn't sleep together, Jonghyun stole Kibum's heart which was almost worse to him.

"What?! Minho please! Don't leave me! I-I love you!" He yelled.

Minho turned around in Kibum's arms. He placed a kiss on his forehead before he backed up.

"No...you don't." He knew Kibum was saying this to keep him here, but Minho actually did love him. But if he left maybe he could give Kibum the chance to be loved right.

"S-so that's it? Your not even going to fight for me? Fight for us? Am I not worth it?" Kibum said, his eyes and nose were red. He had tear staines on his cheeks. Even like this he looked beautiful.

"You are worth it Kibum." He just felt that he was unworthy of Kibum. Those were the last words he said to him. He kissed him one last time before he walked out the door. Before he walked out on the one he loved. Before he walked out on them.

 

-

 

Over the next few months Kibum tried to keep in contact with Minho. They were friends before they were lovers, and Kibum wanted to at least maintain that friendship.

But Minho would decline him every time he wanted to met up or talk on the phone. It just pained him to think that that night Kibum probably ran straight into Jonghyun's arms, and every other night after that.

Some nights he thought or dreamt about Kibum and woke up crying. 

He wasn't sure if they ended up together or not, but he had the feeling that they did every time he would see Jonghyun at work give him a sorry looks or would turn the other way. He could have even sworn a year later he saw a ring on his left finger. He and Jonghyun hadn't talked since he broke up with Kibum. And after about a year, Jonghyun transferred to a different location.

Over the years Minho had watched Kibum's career grow, seeing him on TV on commercials or in magazines, he even saw him on a billboard once. He couldn't believe he didn't support him and doubted his choices.

Just constant reminders of what he lost. 

 

But five years later he realized he made the right choice to leave when he saw the two walking right past him hand in hand smiling lovingly at each other with a little girl in Kibum's arms.

 

Yea, he made the right choice.

 

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

 

Soooo, what do you guys think?

Comments? Questions? ;DDDDDD

p.s. Thanks for your support @shineeyeahiknow !!!

 

My other stories:

I Need You Safe

You're My Everything, Don't Ever Leave Me

My Love Never Sleeps

Your Sterotypical Bad Boy