ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3

Tʜᴇ Sᴜɴ ɪɴ Hɪṡ ᴇʏᴇṡ
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3
And Suddenly, He Was So Important to Me

 

 

Before the highlight of the small fan meeting really started, there was an interview with Hongbin. The host, whose name was Lee Junghwan better known by his stage name Sandeul, appears on the stage and the fans screamed in surprise as he approaches Hongbin with a wide bright grin on his face. Hongbin was grinning back at the male and the model stood up on his own to welcome his guest host, and they shared a quick hug with each other. Sandeul gave Hongbin a light pat on his back, and the younger male laughed.

The staff ran quickly to the stage to give Sandeul his own chair and the interview starts.

"How are you feeling today, Hongbin?" Was Sandeul's first question. The fans have already calmed down, and were all listening attentively now.

"I feel great! I was actually nervous about being here on stage. But when I saw that everyone welcomed me cheerily and were screaming loudly for my name, I was energized and I didn't feel nervous anymore. The fans supported me, and I feel so thankful because of them." Hongbin replied, smiling adoringly as he looks at the crowd in front of them. The fans start screaming again, waving their banners and calling out for his name. Both Sandeul and Hongbin chuckled.

"I can see that clearly. You all sure are supportive." Sandeul laughs. "Continuing, I heard something really interesting."

"Oh, really?"

"You've started your acting career, and now you're going to star in your first webdrama!" The audience screams again, louder than the last time. Sandeul was clapping his hands excitedly along with the crowd as they all stared at Hongbin. Hongbin has the back of his hand over his mouth as he couldn't really hide the wide smile on his face. He was feeling too overwhelmed from the loud cheering and support he was receiving. "You're going to work in this webdrama with AOA's Chanmi, whose also making her acting debut, and I heard that the shoot started already."

"Ah, yes, yes." Hongbin was nodding his head rapidly. "We did start shooting the drama already. We were keeping it a secret untill now. I actually wanted to surprise my fans about it, but I guess the good news is out already. Seeing that even you, knows about it already." The male chuckles. "As you all know, I started as a model for a young magazine when I was only nine. I was casted on the street by my company while playing in a computer shop." Hongbin laughs, remembering his past and everyone laughs as he starts sharing his story. "I was young back then, but when our President saw me, he said 'Hey, kid. You've got such a handsome face. Do you want to earn money?'. I was so surprised when he approached me that time, and got scared. I was like, 'Who is this ahjussi? Is he here to kidnap me?'." The audience continued to laugh, but still paying close attention to the story. "I didn't believe him at first. I thought he was involved in human trafficking because it was always on the news before. But then he showed me his identification card, and his business card. And when I saw the label of his company, I still couldn't believe it. He was the CEO, and he was personally asking me to model for his company at such a very young age. I immediately ran back home and told my parents, and the next week I started modelling for them...

"...And now I'm in this business for seven years already." Hongbin concludes his story-telling with a soft laugh and the audience clapped their hands for him.

Sandeul nods, and looks at the cards in his hands. But he quickly looks back up at Hongbin. "Wait. If you started at the age of nine, and you're now in your seventh year in modelling industry, so that means you're still so young! How old are you now, Hongbin?"

"Oh, me?" Hongbin started chuckling sheepishly. "I'm sixteen, and is at my third year in high school now!" He exclaims, and laughs at the shocked faces and loud gasps that was heard from the audience, especially the guest host.

"What? Whoa." Sandeul was mind blown. He looks around the fans, and the fans were equally as shocked and surprised as he was. "You're still a minor then! Wow! You're still so young, Binie!"

"Binie?" Hongbin blinks.

"I shall call you Binie from now on!" Sandeul exclaims, and everyone shouts in agreement.

The interview continued. Sandeul and Hongbin continued to exchange questions and answers, albeit inserting jokes in between from time to time, making everyone laughs. It was suddenly when Sandeul turns to face the crowd and Hongbin coughs in surprise at the sudden question that was given to him.

"Binie, you're only sixteen and you're still studying in high school. Are you dating someone right now?"

Hongbin widens his eyes, as wide as saucers as he was suddenly taken aback at the question. He faces the crowd, and the audience started screaming again and again, mostly especially his noona fans. He heard someone yelled 'Noooo! He's still a baby!'.

"I- "

"Oh! It seems like you are!" Sandeul teases and he denied the charges right away with a frantic shake both of his head and hands.

"No, no, no. I am not! I am not dating anyone!"

"Rea...lly?" Sandeul slowly says. The older male continued to tease, eyeing him suspiciously.

"Really." Hongbin nods, looking down at his hands as he starts fidgeting. "But... I have someone I like." He whispers softly, his cheeks turning hot at the confession.

"What was that, Binie?" 

"I have someone that... I like." He confesses shyly. The tips of his ears turning beet red, but he was smiling so widely as he remembers the person he was interested to.
 

 

 

 

  ,,,

 

 

 

It was two years ago, during his sixth debut anniversary when the President introduced him to Hongbin. It was a small company party for the young model when the President suddenly brought Hongbin into a room, and someone whom he has never seen before was waiting for them there. Hongbin looks at him. He looks as young as he was. But compared to him, the other male was a little tanned and shorter than him. He raised a brow at the stranger, turning to look questioningly at the CEO.

"Hongbin, meet our new trainee starting today." The CEO says gleefully, putting an arm around his shoulder and the other gesturing towards the other male in the room.

"Trainee?" The old man nods. "You mean, a new trainee model?" The old man nods again. "What?" He was surprised and he rapidly turned his head to look back at the male. "Him?"

"Yes, him." The CEO pulls away, and walks to stand beside the other male, putting an arm around his shoulder instead. "Hongbin, meet Hakyeon. He's going to start modelling for our company today, and he's your new partner."

"Nice to meet you, Hongbin!" The male, Hakyeon, greeted him excitedly and Hongbin blinks until he was frowning and curling his fists into tight balls. The President never told him about this.

"Partner? You never told me about this, Sir." Hongbin's voice was heavy as he looks at the President, searching for an answer. "I was never told about this."

"I did." The CEO said. "I told you, Hongbin. Weren't you paying attention all this time? I told you for almost..." He pauses, as he seemingly started counting with his fingers. "...three weeks now." The old man frowns, walking away from Hakyeon. Hakyeon stayed quietly behind as he too could feel the sudden tension forming inside the room.

Hongbin didn't say anything. His lips were pressed into a thin firm line, and not being aware of it, he was glaring at Hakyeon, whom he notices who looks away from him and the sickeningly sweet smile on his face faltered already.

"Look, Hongbin," The president reached out a hand but Hongbin refuses to take it into his own, and the older man sighs. "Even if you don't like it, the decision is not yours to make. It's in the company, most especially, in me. And whether you like it or not, you will have to learn to work with him starting from now on. Hakyeon is going to start modelling for our company now. And as for his first project, he has already signed with the Nykon magazine. Meaning you, since you were the first to sign with that magazine photoshoot, you both are going to model for that project at the same time."

"What?" Hongbin's eyes widens at the news and he opens his mouth to try and argue, but the president has already turned his back on him.

"No more arguments, Hongbin. The contract has been signed already, and you can't back out anymore. And if you do, you will have to answer for the damages on your own." It was clearly a threat to the young model. Hongbin watches as the president smiled at Hakyeon before he turns around and walks out of the room, leaving him and Hakyeon behind together.

"Damn it!" The moment the door closes behind them, Hongbin exploded and he kicks the table angrily. He rapidly looks up and found Hakyeon looking back at him, and it made him even more mad. "You," Hongbin growls, taking a step closer and watches as Hakyeon flinches back, shrinking himself further against the wall, away from him.

"Hongbin..."

"Don't you dare say my name!" Hongbin yelled, jabbing a finger on the other male's chest harshly. "You have no rights to say my name because we are not even friends to begin with, and we will never be!"

Hakyeon looks down, and he keeps quiet. And Hongbin felt bad, almost. Until he heard the other male spoke up.

"Why? Why are you getting mad? What's the reason?"

"What?"

"I haven't done anything. What are you getting mad at me? What did I do?" Hakyeon speaks up softly, but Hongbin could tell that his voice was shaking and then he saw a tear drops from his eyes. "Y... You're being unreasonable. What did I do?" Hakyeon repe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter