ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

Tʜᴇ Sᴜɴ ɪɴ Hɪṡ ᴇʏᴇṡ
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1:
Not Yet, Everything Has Yet to Begin

 

 

Taekwoon never planned on falling in love. He never even pictured himself being in love with someone someday.

He wasn't against the idea of love, nor he detests it. He doesn't feel puking and sick seeing couples around him. He wasn't the least bitter over them just because he was single. He was just really not up for it.

It warms him honestly, every time he sees his parents looking at each other endearingly everyday. The way his father shoots his mother with his loving gazes everytime he watches her prepare their breakfast or anything that she does at home, the way his mother still feels shy and her cheeks turn into shades of pink when his father teases her, they all warm his heart. Even though his parents had been together for so many long years and already had him and his two older sisters, he could attest that the sparks between them was still there. The love between them was still alive.

He witnessed his two older sisters fell in love and married the man of their lives. He witnessed how they started to grow their own families out of and with love. He wasn't denied of love when he was growing. In fact, he was given too much. So much that it was almost too suffocating, but not in a bad way. And most of all, he wasn't forbidden not to reciprocate that love to somebody else.

But Taekwoon, even he finds it hard to describe himself.

He wasn't selfish. He wasn't an egotist, a narcissist, and definitely not someone vain, or any word that synonyms with the words stated. He does think of other people. He wasn't insensitive. He cares about others well-beings. He's fully aware of the people around him. But he doesn't like getting involved.

Taekwoon doesn't like getting involved. He doesn't want to interfere in or busy himself unduly with something that wasn't, doesn't and probably will never be his concern.

 

 

 

When he opened his eyes, the room was already filled with people. He refused to move a muscle, and just continued to let his head rest on his desk as he squints his eyes around. He tried to fall back asleep, but it was no use. The loud and noisy chattering around him makes it impossible for him to do so anymore.

Taekwoon sighs and lifted his head up. He placed his elbow on the surface of his table seconds after, and propped his head in his open hand, sitting lazily on his chair.

He looks around, his eyes obviously doing the work. He realizes that the noise just kept on getting louder every second. And he sighs again.

He realized it was 9:20 in the morning already when he glanced at the round clock hanging on the wall in front of the class. So that was why, he thought. It was breaktime already, the reason why everyone was busy talking noisily to one another. That reminds him, when did he fall asleep? Was it during the first subject? Or the second? Taekwoon cannot remember.

His stomach growled, and Taekwoon abruptly sits up straight, placing a quick hand on his belly. He was starving. He didn't have the time to have breakfast that morning.

He stood up from his seat, making sure to grab his wallet from the pocket of his backpack before he heads for the door. But he stopped midway when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around and came face to face with Sunggyu.

"Where are you going?" Sunggyu asks. Taekwoon frowns. "Let me come with you."

"Okay." Was all that Taekwoon said and heads for the door again with Sunggyu following behind.

The canteen was packed with students when they arrived. Taekwoon never liked the crowd and he decided to just give up, but his stomach only growled louder. The young male groans. Sunggyu stifled a laughter beside him.

"I didn't have breakfast this morning, hyung." He reasoned out, and Sunggyu just shrugged at him.

"Guess you have no choice then," the older male replied, motioning his head towards the crowd inside the canteen. "Come on. We'll be out of this place in no time. We just have to buy ourselves some snack." Sunggyu said, walking ahead of him. Taekwoon had no other choice but to follow.

Soon after they were at the rooftop, eating quietly after managing to grab what they wanted to eat and escaping the canteen. Taekwoon was leaning against the metal rails while Sunggyu was standing up, watching over the students down on the ground as he enjoyed his food.

"Have you heard, Taekwoon?"

"What?" Taekwoon didn't really sound completely interested at all.

"Someone's transferring tomorrow, and I heard the guy's pretty good. He's got perfect grades, and has been the student council president in his school for two years." Taekwoon didn't say anything, and Sunggyu decided to continue. "He's good at dancing, and he can sing too. But he's more confident in dancing, also he's a model in Teens Magazine."

"Where exactly are you getting all these informations?" The younger male questioned, looking up at Sunggyu. Sunggyu looks down at him, and flashes him a grin.

"I have my resources, Taekwoonie~" Sunggyu replied playfully.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter