THREE

Sea Me ❮❮ chanbaek fairytale ❯❯

“The time is coming and I can’t wait for it. It’s going to be so funny, oh my God. I have waited for this my entire life.”

Prince Baekhyun stared at his best friend through the mirror, tiredly narrowing his eyes. His servant, Minseok, was dressing him, now taking some time on his sleeves. 

“Can you please go through one day without talking about it?” Baekhyun growled, his teeth tightened impatiently. He noticed Minseok slightly agreeing with his head. 

“Why would I do that? It’s going to be the event of my year. Watching you trying to find the most suitable wife among billions of girls and desperate mothers. Waaaahhh, Minseok-ssi, bring my bread and wine for that.” 

Minseok didn’t quite understand Lord Oh Sehun’s words, immediately staring at him with confused eyes.

“Sorry, my lord, but now? I’m a bit busy…”

“Don’t listen to him, Minseok. He’s an useless chatterbox.” Baekhyun sighed, trying to abstract one more time the thoughts now brought to his mind again by his friend. It was the year he should finally get married and his older brother, King Yixing, wouldn’t rest until this was successful accomplished. 

Sehun giggled from the divan he was lying in Prince Baekhyun’s room. It was a sunny day and the room was well lightened, comfortably warmed and the delicious smell of dinner was already taking over the whole palace.

“What will we have today, Minseok? Do you know?” Baekhyun asked, looking down at his servant with kind eyes. The boy seemed to try to remember the menu, frowning while changing the sleeve he was focusing.

“Fish, my lord. Tuna.”

“My favorite!” Sehun cheered, smiling with pleasure.

“I don’t really like eating fish, to be honest.” Baekhyun pondered, thoughtful. “I mean, the way we kill them to please ourselves. I love sea creatures. They always seem more peaceful and happier than us. I envy their peace.” While pondering, Baekhyun stared outside his opened windows, beyond his room’s balcony. There, he could see the calm and tender ocean embracing him even from the distance. Swimming and feeling the cold water on his skin was one of his favorite hobbies, among so many he used to have. He felt truly blessed for living near the sea.

“Here we go again with your sentimental musings. That’s why it’s going to be difficult to find you a wife, you’re always worrying about meaningless things and forgetting what really matters.” Sehun and him were very different from each other, even though they were best friends for a long time now. 

“And what really matters, Lord Oh Sehun?” Baekhyun mockingly asked, but feeling a little bit offended. He didn’t even know why he still had the energy to feel offended, Sehun was always like this. He should be used after almost a lifetime. 

“Eating delicious food and getting married to a well titled woman, of course! Elemental, my prince!”

“That’s not what I see as elemental, but I’m not arguing with you because there’s not a single light in the end of the tunnel for you to get what I mean.” 

Sehun groaned from the divan, moving his body in a lazy way, stretching his arms.

“I am going to take you tomorrow to fish, and you will like it. That’s it, I’m going to teach you what really matters step by step. Minseok, mark on your schedule. We’re fishing tomorrow!” 

Baekhyun opened his mouth to protest, his servant watching his reaction as if to see if he really should prepare their things to go fishing. 

“I don’t wanna fish, Sehun! It’s boring and useless, it only disturbs nature life.” He was finally dressed to dinner. Minseok bowed and, before he could excuse himself, Sehun said: 

“Yeah, we’ll definitely have a lot of work, Minseok.”