Friendships and War

Fault in Life and Love

A/N: There may be a few spots where there is an error, I could've missed it because I couldn't find it when I came back to edit. But hope you enjoy this chapter. It's longer than Usually, but it's worth it after so long.

-
-
-

Kyungsoo arrived to the gathering later than usual but no one seem to notice as he enter the king's throne room. He made no noise as he rush up behind the reminding prince walking to their rightful place beside the king. He stood in his spot behind Youngjae, tapping on the other's shoulder.

"Hyung, did I miss anything?" He whispers when Youngjae turned his head.

"Not much, it just started." He replied. He begins to look around when he notice something was missimg. Kyungsoo also looked around, wondering what his brother was searching for. "What is it?" Kyungsoo asked, getting confuse as he look back at Youngjae. 

"Where is Baekhyun-hyung?" Youngjae asked, his head low so no one could see what he was saying. 

Kyungsoo stiffens a bit, making the other look at him suspiciously. "He isn't skipping, is he?"

Kyungsoo shook his head immediately. "It's not that. I was the one to tell him to stay in bed." Kyungsoo answered, his head low as well. How was he going to explain to Youngjae that Baekhyun was unwell. That Baekhyun fainted because of some news he told him or worst about the look in his hyung's face when he woke up.

"Is he feeling okay?" Youngjae asked, worried.

Kyungsoo shook his head. "Not exactly, he seems unwell and out of the blue. He also have a wound on his ankle." He replied.

"I-"Youngjae started but was interuppted the moment he answered.

"Since all the prince are here, let's start." Said one of the ministers. The princes looks up at the group in front of them before at their father.

The king clear his throat, glancing over at his group of advisers and ministers before at his group of sons.

He notice one of his son was missing. He wasn't sure though. He squint his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing things before speaking.

"Where is Baekhyun WangJa?" He asked.

No one spoke. The king was going to repeat again when Kyungsoo move out from behind his brothers and bow down before his father.

"Baekhyun WangJa is in his room feeling unwell, he was unable to come but I told him, I'll go back as soon as possible to tell him about the urgent news." Kyungsoo answered before he bow his head again.

The king sighs and nods. "Very well, you may go back to your spot." He spoke. The young prince bows once more before he return to his spot behind Youngjae.

"Let us start now." The king said.

One of the king's advisor pulled out a scroll and begins reading from it.

"The Han empire seems to be on the move again. Spreading up into Goguryeo's terrority. They appear to be stronger than before. One of the military bases by the border has a estimate of fifty killed. One third being women and child while the rest are men. Thirty injured and twenty still in a good shape." As it came to an end, the adviser close the scroll. He turn to the king and bow, telling him with body language that he was done with his speech.

The king's hand grips the handle of his chair as the information fully register. He felt furious hearing that innocent people were dying in the hands of the enemy. 

"Your highness, I say that we should send more people with skills and strength to go and defend all the bases near the border." Said one of the officials. 

"That's not a good idea, we will just get more of our men kill and we won't have anymore left here when war starts." argues the strategist who turns to the king and bow. The king nods for him to continue his speech. He nods back and turn back to face the official. 

"I say that we should strengthening up our defense and recruit more to train before we send them to the bases." 

"More people will die that way." The official argues back 

The strategist was about to speak but closed his mouth when the fifth prince step out and spoke. "I agree with official Kang, I think it is the best decision if we don't want the base to fall." 

"I disagree with my brother and official Kang. It won't be successful because our military is below average military. It will be a waste, we will loose men like strategist Li said. I believe strategist Li is right, I think we should at least send some men. Leaving a portion behind to work on defense. After that we can recruit new men and train those men to be ready for war. "said the crown prince.

The King's eyes were close as he thought through the ideas. As he thought, more officials spoke and argure only stopping when king Taewang raised his hand to silence everyone. It didn't even take a minute nor a second for the throne room to go completely silence. Everyone bow to their superior to let him know that they were ready for him to speak.

"Crown prince and strategies Li, your ideas sounds like a great plan. I know it can benefit our country and help it grow into a stronger empire.  We shall follow in their plan. Starting tomorrow, now everyone is dismiss." Taewang pyeha decided, standing  from his throne. 

Kyungsoo turns to leave, ready to inform Baekhyun when something suddenly caught his attention. In the distance stood the fifth prince, with anger written on his face and hatred in his eyes.

He turned away as soon as the other looks up.

Kyungsoo hurried out, not trying to be caught right handed for staring. He paces quickly back to Baekhyun's quarter. The guard in front of Baekhyun door looked at Kyungsoo with a questioning, suspious look.

"Let me see my brother, I have information regarding our meeting with pyeha." He answers, knowing what the guard was going to ask. They both nod and turn to open the door. 

"WangJa-nim, Kyungsoo WangJa is entering." One of them yelled, informing the prince inside. The guard step aside for the younger prince.

Kyungsoo looked at them once before he step through the open door. He heard the door shut behind him as soon as he was inside.

He took a deep breath before opening the second door.  

Baekhyun was lying down on his bed when he heard the guards. He sighs to himself and looks over at the door. When he notice it was Kyungsoo, he carefully sat up, about to get out a bed but Kyungsoo rush over and stopped him.

"Stay in bed, it's okay." He said, sitting at the opening space by his brother's legs.

"What was so important that pyeha call us all to the throne room?" Baekhyun asked.

"Apparently a war will be breaking out between the Han empire and us. We came to conclusion that some men will be leaving to help out at the border and some will be staying back to work on defense. As the experience soldier train on defense, the military will open up recruitment and try to get rookies that we can train both offense and defense." Kyungsoo explained. The older prince nods in agreement. "That's a great idea. I believe that can help the country a lot." Baekhyun said coughing a bit.

Kyungsoo nods as well. "I believe it will. But Wang-Jung seem a bit upset that pyeha didn't follow in his plan." Kyungsoo said.

Baekhyun bit his lips and sighed. "Leave him be, he'll sooner or later realize that his plan won't be no good." Baekhyun said. "Besides I notice that he always been like that when pyeha don't go along with his plan." He adds, before laying down.

"Now I need to rest, let's talk more tomorrow." Baekhyun yawned as he closed his eyes.

"Alright, sweet dreams hyung." Kyungsoo whispered as he got up from where he sat, leaving the room silently while Baekhyun drift off to sleep.

-

"Focus on your aim of the arrow. Let the heart, mind, and eyes come together."

Daehyun focus his eyes on the dummy ahead, nodding as he reach for his bow. He angle his body a bit from the target, withdrawing a arrow from besides him. He place the arrow in place before raising and drawing the bow up. He pulls the string back, hand reaching his jaw and ears before he release.

The arrow hit its target directly, causing his father to nod in improval.

"You being able to become one with the arrow is a good start. But you'll need a bit more practice to speed up your shooting process." His father said.

Daehyun nods and kept on practicing.

'In no time my son, you'll be able to surpass your old man.' His father thought.

Daehyun sighs in content, wiping his sweat before shooting his fourth arrow. After a few more attempt his father surprise attack him from behind. His father swings the sword making a swish noise from behind. Daehyun eyes widen but he jumped forward to avoid the blade from cutting him.

Dropping the bow and arrow he reach for his sword quickly and swings at his father's sword.

"Quicker than last time I see." His father said as he swings a kick. Daehyun gasped as he stumble back. His father's blade swings at him as he stumble back, but he was quick to deflect the blade with his own and kick the older man's chest causing the other to stumble and fall backwards.

His father coughed and sat up, a smirk written upon his old wrinkle face.

"Well aren't you ready to make your own sword only for you." His father said as he wipe his sweat, staring up at his son.

"If you think I'm worthy, I am prepare to learn everything." Daehyun swore as he bow to his father. The man smiles and stood up.

"I think you are indeed ready, my son."

*a half a year goes by*

Daehyun draw his bow with three arrows. He aims for a short amout of time before he released them, all three went directly towards all three targets.

Daehyun dodges some attacks coming at him from his father. He drops the bow and grabbed his sword. There swords clink and ring each time the blades met. His father scoots away, picking up a spare bow and some arrows.

His father starts shooting arrows towards him. He dodges some and swings at some with his sword he created.

After a while his father charges at him with only fist. Daehyun moves from side to side, avoiding the punches before dropping the sword and kicking the other harshly. He quickly picked up the bow and shot a arrow at the space beside his father's head. His father was smirking all the way through, impress with how fast Daehyun picked up on things.

"Impressive..." He pants out. "You have only learn this in half a year. For me it took years or so to complete this training. I'm proud of you." His father said, sliding down the wall. He sat on the ground, trying to catch his breath. While Daehyun on the other hand huff and puff, wiping his sweat as he started to clean the place up.

"It all happen because of your teaching. I thank you." He said picking up his sword and sheath, putting them back together before helping his father up.

"Now let's go eat, eomma must be waiting." He said. His father nods.

With that the two walked out of the training area inside the hidden basement of their shelter.

Daehyun was the first to leave the shelter. As he got closer he saw a group of soldiers standing outside their home. Daehyun ran to the nearest tree and listened in.

"We come here with news from the king. Our military are recruiting people, If by any chance your husband is home, we will like to recruit him." They said.

"I'm Sorry, my husband isn't home right now, he went out with my son, they should be back anytime but I'll tell them once they get home." Daehyun's mother said back kindly.

"Alright and tell them, If the kingdom don't get enough recruits, we are coming to draft people by force." With that said, the men left.

Daehyun came out from behind the bushes.

"Oh Daehyun honey, did you hear them?" His mother asked when he spots Daehyun. He nods and walked over. "I did, but I'm not joining." Daehyun said as he walk inside. His mother followed him inside. "You should Daehyun, you wouldn't want to be drag like some animal." She said. Daehyun sighs and stayed silent. He walked into his own room and place the sword on it's holder.

His mother followed him but Daehyun refuse to listen. He just walked out of the house saying he was going for some fresh air.
-

"Hey kid, You owe us money." Said a drunk man. The kid back away. "I don't owe you guys anything."

"Your father owe us money, so it's like you owing us money. Pay up or we will just have to take you by force and sell you."

The boy backed up, afraid of the man. He didn't realize where he was going until he hit someone. The boy turn around and so did the man. When they locked eyes, the older man looked up to see the group coming closer to the boy. The man push the boy behind him as he step forward.

"It's this feminine peace of . Long time no see punk. Where's your friend?" The men asked.

"I don't know what your talking about." He replied.

"Don't play innocent, aren't you that boy that we try to rob that one time and your friend came and both of you kicked our asses?"

Baekhyun shrugs. "Maybe, maybe not. Who knows. I wouldn't remember dirty pigs like you guys." He said with a grin. The man got angry and punch Baekhyun. Baekhyun stumble back, spitting out blood before rubbing his jaw.

Baekhyun pulled back his hand after he wipe off the crimson liquid. He glared at his hand, that was painted with blood before he looked up and kick the other in a place where it hurts the most. The man's  face twist in agony as he held his private area. Baekhyun smirked and use his leg to push the other back.

The group of men stared at Baekhyun before running off. When they were out of site, Baekhyun turns to look at the boy.

"Thank you, ahjussi." He said as he bowed to Baekhyun. Baekhyun smiles softly and nods.

"It is my pleasure. Take this as a gift from me." He handed the boy a small bag.

The boy bows, taking the small sack. He smiled warmly before bowing again. "Thank you, ahjussi."

Baekhyun just nods, waving off the boy.

Baekhyun turns to walk away when suddenly the man on the ground grab his foot and pulled him back, making Baekhyun fall on his stomach. The young prince winced and tried to kick off the hand but the other was to fast. They got on top of Baekhyun and start choking him.

If only they knew Baekhyun was a prince, they would've had gotten in trouble because one of the villager would have gone and told the guards but no one knew. Baekhyun squirms underneath the man, lifting up his leg to kick the man off but the man was to far up for him to kick them off.

Baekhyun vision begin to darken when someone came to the rescued. That person kicked off the man, taking him by the collar. The man looked at the other quickly before at Baekhyun.

"I beg you, let me go. I have a wife and childrens. Don't kill me." He begs.

"What if he had a wife and children and beg you to let him go would you?" The man asked. The bad guy ignore him and begged again. The man got annoyed and let the guy go, kicking him in the process.

The guy looked up at the man before running back to where he came from.

Baekhyun pants, coughing for air. He felt like he was going to faint. He turn his head to look at his savor. Something about the man made Baekhyun think. 'Have I seen him before?'

The man turned around once it was safe. "Are you alright- Baek? Is that you?" The other asked in surprise. Baekhyun eyes widen when he realize who it was.

"Daehyun..." He stutters, sitting up quickly.

Daehyun walked over, lending out a hand towards him. Baekhyun took his hand this time without arguing or hesitation. As their hands connect, Baekhyun felt a source of energy that ran through his body. It was strange but he liked the feeling. It made him feel safe.

"What are you doing here, in trouble again?" Daehyun asked.

"They try to hurt an innocent child so I helped him."

Daehyun smiles. "Oh really, wow your a really nice person. We hardly find people like that." Daehyun said. Now that he was close, he had the chance to look at Baekhyun. To him, it's like he seen a beauty. Not the one you see in women or men. But a true beauty you know you want to keep when you see it. Baekhyun as well examine Daehyun. He could tell his features were different from all the others.

Even Chanyeol, his fiancè who he seen once or twice couldn't even match this villager.

"Uh..I forgot to thank you." Baekhyun said, breaking their silence. Daehyun shook his head, trying to shake off some feeling he had about the other.

"Oh..no.no..it's okay." He said with a slight chuckle.

"Do you want to hang for a while today?" Baekhyun asked. Daehyun stops chuckling but smiles. "Sure. Where should we go?"

Baekhyun thinks for a while before looking at Daehyun. "Why don't you show me a good place. I don't really know where it is good to hang. " Baekhyun said feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Alright, just follow me."

Baekhyun smiled. He thought Daehyun was a nice guy, not to mention a good looking fella. Baekhyun follows Daehyun, forgetting about the servant/bodyguard that was suppose to be at his side.

The two walk to a bridge where you could see people fishing, washing clothes, or kids playing.

"This is a beautiful place." Baekhyun said as he looked around in awe.

Daehyun smiles softly. "I guess you are right. It is beautiful, that's why I come here everyday after training."

"You train? But why when you are just living out here in peace?" Baekhyun asked, confused.

Daehyun shrugs as he lean over the bridges wood railing. "My father wants me to do a duty for him." Daehyun answered, staring out into the distance. "You must live in the palace, I assume. With the way you look, you seem wealthy." Daehyun added.

Baekhyun stood besides him, leaning on the bridge as well. "Yeah I am from the palace wall. But I don't like it there. It doesn't feel like home when I'm around one of the royalties." Baekhyun said.

"I always get called a no for good child who should have died at birth."

Daehyun turn his head, his face questioning Baekhyun.

"I am no ordinary man. I'm a curse to the palace. The shaman say I will bring peace but the queen said I will bring nothing but problem to the princes and princesses. That's why I have only a few friends and always lock myself away." Baekhyun whispered turning away in the middle of his explanation.

Daehyun just stood there silence for a moment before he place a hand on Baekhyun's shoulder. "Even if you have such thing, I wouldn't mind being your friend. What do you say, can I be your friend?" He asked.

Baekhyun looked at him, surprised before he back away. Daehyun moves closer. "I'm serious Baek, I'll be your friend and show you a world you never seen outside the placae wall." Daehyun declare with his hand on his own heart.

Baekhyun looks at him and smiles.

"I guess I'll accept your offering. You don't seem like a bad guy and I guess I took a liking in you."