Misfortune

Fault in Life and Love

This took a while but forgive. I had no clue how to end this chapter. So it end up being 2962 words but it's long at least. Enjoy 

As soon as Daehyun and his family got home his father took him straight to the old shed behind their house. 

Daehyun followed closely without saying anything."What is he going to show me." He thought as the two approach the shed. It was a small built structure but it was big in the inside. Half of the shed is actually under the surface. He believes his father built it for a reason but he never questioned it. 

As Daehyun enter, his eyes wonder. Old books on shelves, a shrine across from where he stood, and junk lying everywhere. 

"What is it that you want to show me in here?" He asked, turning his head to look at his father. His father eyes looked at him for a while before they shift elsewhere.

"You'll see soon." His father answered, taking a step forward where he approach the shrine to pick something off the floor, hidden behind. A rusty looking key was what Daehyun sees in his hand when he stood up straight.

Daehyun stood where he was, not knowing a clue what his father was going to do. He watches as he apporach a book shelf on the right side. He removes a book and insert the key in a hidden key hole, hidden behind the same book he took out. Daehyun felt the ground shook. He tried his best to hold balance but lost it because the feeling was all too new for him. He landed on his back, groaning lowly, he sat up. He eyes roam everywhere until it landed on the old shrine. He saw the shrine move aside and a series of stair going down somewhere. 

"Come." Said his father, who walked down the steps first. Daehyun complies, standing up himself to follow close behind. 

Every step they took it became colder and darker. The breeze that blew in their direction cause Daehyun to get goosebumps on his arms and legs although his hanbok was two layers.

His father stop along the way to grab the only torch that hung from the wall. They both walk until they met a door in which his father use the same key from earlier to open it. 

His father enter first to light up the room. He light up the other torches in the room with the one in his hand. 

Daehyun hesitated as his father enters but shrugs it off quick and enter the room seconds after. As he enter his eyes went wide to see weapons and armors hung on the walls. 

"What is all of this? Why do you have all of this?" He asked. 

"Isn't this from the beginning of Goguryeo's armor? I hardly see armor like this today. The materials are different..." Daehyun asked, touching the steel. 

He turns to his father when their was no answer. His father standing by a sword that was separated from all the others, back towards Daehyun as he run his hand along the scabbard(swordcover) of the sword. 

"You see son. I was one of Taewang pyeha best swordsman and friend. A legendary to be exact." His father started. 

"I met him when he was just a banish prince. We fought a long side with two others to establish the kingdom of Goguryeo All of us were like brothers but because of me resigning I became hidden while the other two stayed." 

"Why did you resign?" 

"It's because your mother and I had you. Your eomma didn't want to raise you up in there. She was frighten of the first yeowang." He said. 

"I see...So why show me this?" Daehyun asked. 

"Because I want you to live my legend as well and serve his highness. Go back and take my job." Daehyun eyes widen, backing up with his hand in the air.

"I can't..." Daehyun protested. "I have to stay and protect you guys and teach..." 

"Son, his highness is important to us. I can't just leave him. Think about it. A legend leaves because his wife was having a child and he was a trusted friend to the king... what if that was you?" 

"I'm not you and I can't be like you. I don't even have the strength like you." Daehyun argues.

"Then I'll help you. I'll teach you down here." His father said.

Daehyun bit his lips, stuck with words. He had no clue what to say. He stares at his father's sword on its holder. Examining the sword every inch. From the ring down the thick black handle to the thin scabbard tip. He could tell that the blade starts of large and gets smaller as he goes further down. From where he stood the sword looks about two feet but as he moves in he could see that it was longer, probably about three feet.

Daehyun sighs softly after staring at the sword. He knew he couldn't break his father's heart because he wasn't that type of person. He sighs softly to himself, closing his eyes.

Before he knew it, his hand was already on the handle of another sword. His eyes finally opened revealing a hard look. A look that can kill if there was such thing. His eyes close to a tiger watching a rabbit as it passes. 

"I accept your request." He replies.

-
-

Baekhyun sat at his table in his room shock at the whole situation. His eyes glue on the paper in front of him. He couldn't believe it. Why was he getting marry? What was it that Baekje's king wanted. Was it because of the fact he can bear children, So he can give their crown Prince a heir?

He shook his head in anger. He didn't want to get marry to someone he doesn't love or someone who doesn't love him. He for sure didn't want to marry some stranger he hasn't seen before. 

Baekhyun leans forward, using one arm to slide everything on his table onto the floor. The new replace clay jars were once again shatter, paint brushes clink against the floor and paper scattered everywhere. He fist the table a couple times while tears begins to run down his cheeks. He stood up and walk straight to his bed ignoring the mess on the ground. 

He was glad that he was alone. No one to see him cry or in sadness. 
He was lucky his mother went  back to her quarter. He didn't want her to witness this.

He sat on his bed for a while. His mind completely blink. His eyes made its way up to look at the door, waiting for it to slide open. 

It eventually did, reveling his brother Kyungsoo. 

As the young prince step in, his eyes went completely wide at the mess before looking up at his hyung. "What is all of this? What's the matter? Is there anything I can help you with hyung?" Kyungsoo asked as he step closer. Baekhyun look down in shame.

"Soo, I don't know why but his majesty is making me marry the prince of Baekje. I don't even know him or know how he act like..." He replies as he wiped his tears and snot with his sleeves. He didn't really care about his stupid hanbok at the moment. It's not his fault that he was crying earlier. Kyungsoo sighs before he walks over the trash and sat beside Baekhyun. 

"Sometime being WangJa . Especially when you are a curse to the palace. Your free time is limited than the others. " Kyungsoo said. 

Immediately Baekhyun looked up at him upon the new information.

"I thought I was the only one curse?" Baekhyun asked, in which Kyungsoo shook his head. 

"Apparently not. The shaman told me that at least one child from each of his highness wife have curses..." 

Baekhyun eyes widen. "Are you serious?" He asked, his face turning into complete shock. 

"Do you know who is beside me??" He added as he turned his body to face his brother.

Kyungsoo slowly nods his head. 

"Sadly yeah..." He answered as he looked down at his shoes.

"Who is it?!" Baekhyun asked, his voice startling the other. He quickly apologized right after and waited for a reply.

Kyungsoo stay quiet, not saying a single word. At that very moment it snap in Baekhyun's head. 

"Don't tell me that you are.." 

Kyungsoo nods in response while fiddling with his fingers. 

Baekhyun mouth dropped and he place a hand over his mouth, very shock with the news. 

"What is your curse??" He asked curious.

"I...I have more than one curse...the shaman said every bad sin your mother did in the past counts as one curse...My mother had about three bad sins...which means I have three curses...One is I can birth a child like you. Two No one will like me. I would be hated and have no offspring with the one I love, I will grow old not having anyone that loves me. Three, I can possible die at child birth.." Kyungsoo said, his voice lace with sorrow and pain. 

Baekhyun frowns and moved closer to pull his dongsaeng into his arms. Geez, Kyungsoo was worst than him. He shouldn't be worried about himself. His brother curse was more intense than his. He should have care for his brother.

"That's horrible. Damn it.." Baekhyun cursed quietly. "I thought I was the only one, But I can't believe, that two other than me had curses." 

Kyungsoo hugs his hyung back tightly, he always thought Baekhyun was the closer brother to him than his brothers that were born under the same womb. Kyungsoo than remember there was something Baekhyun didn't know.

"Hyung..." Kyungsoo started. 

"Hm?" He hum in reply. 

"You have another curse..."

"What? I do, What is it? " he asked.

"It's well..." 

"Well what?" 

"Your lover possibly can die earlier than expect..." 

Baekhyun heart dropped, his eyes going wide and his lips trembled a bit.

"My..my.." Baekhyun couldn't finish his words. He felt the world swirl around him before everything went black. 

Kyungsoo begins to freak out. He caught his hyung and laid the other down. He bends down to prop his hyung's leg onto the bed.

As he took off his hyung's shoes, he notice a different color cloth wrap around Baekhyun's ankle. Kyungsoo was curious but left it alone because now wasn't the time. He quickly got up and pulled the blanket over him. Kyungsoo sighs softly before he turn to look at the mess on the ground. 

"Anyone out there?" He called. Not even a second later a maid slid the door open and bow before she spoke. "What's the matter wangja-nim?" She asked still keeping her head down. 

"I want this place to be clean up and have my hyung's broken things replace." He ordered, sitting right back down beside his unconscious hyung. 

He looks back at Baekhyun's sleeping form before he sighs. 

The image of the weird cloth appear again in his head. Maybe the image was hinting something important or maybe he should do something about that because he was sure a wound was hidden underneath.

"Wait." He called out when the maid was going to walk out of the room.

She immediately came to a stop before turning around and bowing. 

"Get something to help treat his wound." He said before turning to look at Baekhyun again.

"Ye wangja-nim" she said before leaving, closing the door right after she leaves the room.

Kyungsoo thought Baekhyun looked so peaceful in his sleep. There wasn't a tense look or stern look that he always sees. Just a relax and fragile look that made Kyungsoo feel a wave of relief hit him. He just continue to watch over his hyung in the quiet atmosphere. 

Baekhyun on the other hand was dreaming. He awoke in his dream wondering where he was. He looked around and realize he was in bed, but it did not look like room though, it was different. Everything were arrange differently. 

He got up to change when suddenly a little boy ran to him.

"Eomma! Eomma, would you teach me how to write today." The boy ask as he pulls on Baekhyun's hanbok. 

Baekhyun chuckles softly, turning to look at his son. "Of course." He reply, his voice coming out softer than usual. He was left confuse after those words left his mouth. Why was he being so kind to this boy calling him eomma all of a sudden. 

Like hell, he wasn't sure if it was him who was talking or someone else. His eyes search for a mirror and when he found it, he prompt his way over with a quick pace. When he saw that it was indeed his face and not someone else, he got very confuse. His eyes avert back to the boy. Who was this boy calling him eomma. 

"Where is your appa?" He asks. Appa? Who was this speaking? Baekhyun had no clue what was happening. It felt as if he was in his own body but someone else was thinking and talking for him. The boy shrugs his shoulder at him. "He's off training the soldier. He was gone since this morning. But he says he'll be back soon." The boy replies.

Baekhyun smiles softly. "Is that so, let's start now so we can show your appa." He said as he bends down to picks up his son. The little boy giggle and kissed his eomma's cheeks. Baekhyun lands a kiss on the boy's cheek in return before bringing him over to the table. He carefully set the boy down before bending over the table to retrieve the ink supplies and paper. He lay them out in a nice fashion in front of them. "Let me show you how to write your name." Baekhyun said as he rolled up his sleeves. 

"I would love that eomma." His son said as he watch Baekhyun's every move. 

Baekhyun reach for a brush, dipping the tip into water before over the ink stone.

"You start by holding the brush like this." Baekhyun started, with the brush in his hand, between his finger, point down straight.

"After that you start your first . Every you do, you must start from the top." He explained as he wrote the first character of his son's name. As hr finish his eyes made its way down to look at his son who was watching him. Baekhyun smiles, his heart flattering at how cute his son looked, eyes squinting, probably focus on the order and his eomma's hand. Baekhyun took the brush off the paper and turn to his son.

"Now you try." He said, handing the brush over to his son. The boy nods and took the brush. "How do you hold it again?" The boy asked. 

"Like this." Baekhyun took his son's hand into his own and place the brush in between the smaller's index finger and thumb. He also press the boy's middle and ring finger down onto the brush. "Remember pointing straight down."

The boy nods and carefully wrote the first character with the same his eomma did. Baekhyun on the other hand watches his son and reach over to help him when the got complicated.

Arms suddnely wrapped around his waist as his son completed the character. He let's out a gasp and turn his head to see...Daehyun.. 

"Welcome back honey." He said, pecking his lips. What was going on? Why is his husband Daehyun??

Daehyun smiles and peck back. "Thanks wangja-nim." Baekhyun turns in his arms and hit his husband's chest.

"Stop with the formality, I'm your husband now. " He said with a slight pout. 

Daehyun chuckles a bit before he kiss Baekhyun pouting lips. "I can't help it." Daehyun said. Baekhyun smiles back but felt himself dozing off. His husband face turned into panic when suddenly out of no where he yelps in pain, falling onto his knees. Daehyun had a hard grip, holding him close to his chest. But his sudden moment  cause the other to fall on his knees as he held his love one. Baekhyun felt his eyes closed and his breathing slowed in pace.

"Baek, don't go. Wake up. Baekhyun!" He heard Daehyun shout but everything disappear, except for the pain in his ankle, where he realize the wound from earlier was. Baekhyun awoke to see his dongsaeng worried face. 

No more of that boy or Daehyun's face, just his brother Kyungsoo. The younger looks at him with a worry expression. 

"Hyung, Are you feeling okay?" He asked. 

Baekhyun simply nods, not wanting to tell him about his weird dream. 
Even he couldn't grasp the meaning of it. He found no point in telling when he had no clue what was going on. Never in his life had he had a dream such as the one just now.

"I'm glad..." Kyungsoo said in relief before standing up. "I should leave so you can rest. You need it, to heal from the recent news." Kyungsoo added as he turns to leave. 

Baekhyun didn't say anything. He just watches his dongsaeng walk away. 

"WANGJA-NIM!! WANGJA-NIM!! THERE IS AN EMERGENCY. PYEHA ASK FOR ALL OF YOU!!" A shout came from outside. Kyungsoo eyes widen and hurried out, but before he closed the door, He turns back to his hyung who looks ready to get out of bed.

"You stay here and rest I'll see what father needs. I'll note that you are injured. Please stay, I'll hurry back to tell you as soon as we are released." Kyungsoo said as he left. 

Baekhyun reach out to say something but the door was slam closed.

He was left alone, in his quiet room once again.