Prologue

Fault in Life and Love

The kingdom of Goguryeo was founded in the year of 37 BCE under the king Taewang(A/N: the actual king's name is Chumo. But this story is not going to use real figures) He had three wives who he married as part of his role as king. His first being the queen since his mother died a few years back. His second and third were just regular high class womens from the royal court. Born to be concubine to the king. The king had about twelve kids. Four from each wives. The king loved all his children to heart. He just doesn't show them because a king must look strong or else people will try to assassinate him. Out of the twelve kids. There was one the king cared the most about. Not that he favored them but because of a curse. A curse that ruined the child's life. Baekhyun, the tenth prince was known as that child. He was birth under the third wife. Baekhyun was different from the other prince. He was by more feminine and curved waisted. He had little to none muscles. He was interested in the art of music and literature. He wasn't very interested in fighting or sword play, but he did it anyways. Behind back doors Baekhyun was mistreated. He would often get a literature once or twice a week by the queen before she would punish him. No one knew about the abuse. Baekhyun wasn't allow to speak or else the queen will make up bull to get her guards to beat Baekhyun. 

The guards do as she asked, because if one didn't comply, she'll make sure to send that person to get their head chopped off. 

Baekhyun covers his bruises under the layers of his hanbok. He never was shirtless, when he played in the water with his hyungs. They asked questions to why he didn't but Baekhyun refused to answer. His hyungs will shrug it off after a while of asking.

He was always afraid of the queen. To be honest the young prince had no idea why she hated him so much. 

Baekhyun was a stubborn prince. He didn't do anything people tell him to do. Baekhyun felt he was useless and defenseless, so he refused offers. Even though he knew combat, that couldn't save himself from the Queen. 

Baekhyun was outside one day, playing the Haegum. His fingers glide down the strings while his other hand move the bow. He played a tune he wrote himself. Baekhyun closed his eyes as he listened to the melody he was making. His lips forming a small smile as his mind start playing a scene.

A mysterious man taking his hand as they danced. He watched as he was twirled in a circle before being held from behind. Baekhyun had no idea why his scene came out that way. Wasn't it forbidden to like the other ? Well not for the kingdom of Goguryeo.

Baekhyun opened his eyes and saw many of the royal court daughters surrounding him. He smiled softly at them. 

He opened his mouth and sing to the girls. They all squeal in excitement. 

"WahngJa, your voice and playing is so good." One of the girls said. Baekhyun smiles softly. "It wasn't that good but thank you." Baekhyun said as he place the instrument besides him. 

"Are you planning to get marry soon?" One of the girls asked. Her name was Taeyeon. 

"I'm not too sure. I don't think I will. I just don't want to think about it." He replied. The girl looked sad but she nods. "Oh alright."

"WahngJa, if you married one of us, how would our life be?" Another girl asked. Baekhyun mouth drop a bit. "What?" He questioned. 

"For example if you married me, how would it be like?" 

Baekhyun bit the inside of his month. He thinks. "Well, I will care for you and play music for you everyday." Baekhyun started. "I would also protect you from anything that could harm you. We will live here and start a family." Baekhyun added.

The girls giggles and turned around to see Youngjae. "WahngJa." They said. Youngjae smiles at them. He was too a prince. He was in fact the twelfth prince. Born under the second wife. Baekhyun smiled at Youngjae. 

"Hyung, would you love to join in the swordplay competition?" Youngjae asked as he move over to grab Baekhyun hand. Baekhyun shook his head. "I'll join you later. You head on first. I have to go get some things done." Baekhyun said as he got up from his seat. Youngjae smiles. "Alright, don't chicken out." He replied. 

Baekhyun chuckles softly. "Ya, I won't!" Baekhyun hushed. "I'll be sure to come right after my writing session." He answered, pushing Youngjae away. 

Youngjae chuckles softly as Baekhyun push him away. "Alright, alright." He said as he left. Baekhyun shook his head and bow in apology to the girls. "I'm sorry, but I must go now." Baekhyun said as he picked up his papers and instrument.  The girls whines lowly but they nod. "WahngJa we will come and support you." Taeyeon said. Baekhyun smiled and left.

He walked back to his quarter, passing the guards and the person he feared the most. He did not look back or look her way as he pass them. When he arrived,  he felt the weight on his shoulder being lifted. He sits down in his chair and took out a brush from his untensil cup. He takes out a piece of paper and begins to write a poem.

' Here I am, 

A sad lad in his own prison.

Scars written all over his skins. '

Baekhyun stops and slump back in his chair. He place a hand in his hair. He looks back at the poem and crumbled up the piece of paper. Who was he kidding, writing poems when all he could write and site sad ones. 

The young prince sighs softly, giving up on the poem. He got up from his chair and walked over to his cabniet to change into his training hanbok. Baekhyun tied on his headband and walked out. 

Baekhyun grabs a sword and walked up to his hyungs and dongsaengs. They all looked at Baekhyun. "You came this time." Kyunsoo said as he walked up to Baekhyun. Baekhyun smiled and nods. "Yes I did." Kyunsoo was the born under the first queen. Although he was scared of the first queen, Baekhyun was really close to Kyungsoo. He loves Kyungsoo like the boy was born under the same mother. Kyunsoo as well loves Baekhyun the same. The boy was nothing like the queen. He was more generous like their father. Kyunsoo's brothers born by the same mother however are exactly like their mother. 

"Kyunsoo, get back here. We have to get ready for our fight." Said the crown prince. Kyunsoo sighs and nods at his hyung. "Well, good luck Baek, don't get your kicked." Kyungsoo said with a smile. "I should say the same to you." Baekhyun replied as he went over to his group. 

Baekhyun watches his brothers duel until it was his turn. Baekhyun got up to the podium with his sword. His opponent was the second son of the first queen. He brings the sword out in front of him while the other prince charge. Baekhyun backed up and blocked the sword coming at him. 

"Stop being a baby, Baekhyun." He spat. Baekhyun push the other sword off his with a slight push. He swings the sword side ways. The other prince swings the opposite direction. Baekhyun put pressure on his sword when their blades collide. The other did the same and soon they were up against each other. Baekhyun looked into his eyes and kicked him away. Wang-Ah, the prince dueling with Baekhyun came back and kicks Baekhyun chest causing Baekhyun to fall on his back. He gasped in pain, arching his back. Wang-Ah walked up to Baekhyun and pulled him up. When Baekhyun was up, Wang-Ah came back and swings his sword once more. Baekhyun felt his hanbok sleeves begin to rip. 

"Hyung Stop!!" Kyunsoo shouted at Wang-Ah.

Wang-Ah ignore his brother and swings again. Baekhyun brought up his sword to block the blade. He pushes the blade towards Wang-Ah to keep the blades from cutting him.  Although he was exhausted, Baekhyun goes down low and kicks Wang-Ah legs, causing the other to fall forward and hit his chin. Baekhyun pants and looked at his hyung. The young prince started to panic when Wang-Ah was unconscious and bleeding. 

Baekhyun shook Wang-Ah. "Hyung?" He called, but the other didn't budge. The guards rushed over and took Wang-Ah to his room, before they were sent for the doctor. 

After the incident, the dueling was cancel and the princes was sent back to their room. Baekhyun was sitting in his room, looking out his window before someone walked in. The prince turned to see the queen. He bit his lips and bows. When he lift his head a palm came up to slap his face. Baekhyun was suspecting this. 

"You little wretch, how dare you harm Wang-Ah in such way." She said, her voice drip in venom.

Baekhyun stood their quiet. He didn't say anything because if he did she would make the situation even more painful. "Answer me." She commanded.

"I am sorry." Baekhyun said, his head low. The queen lift his chin up and slapped him once again. "Your sorry?" She asked with a laugh. "How pathetic. I should've gotten rid of your mother when I had the chance." She added. "But it was too late because she had already gave birth to a worthless prince like you." 

Baekhyun closed his eyes, refusing to look at her. The queen her heels. She eyed the brushes in Baekhyun clay jar. "What a waste of time." She said as she pushes everything off Baekhyun's table breaking the clay pots. Baekhyun opens his eyes once she was gone. He looked at the ground seeing the brushes and clay pieces scatter everywhere.

He bends down to pick up the pieces. As he picked up the shatter clay he  felt tears begin to fall but he quickly wiped them away. 

Baekhyun didn't notice the cut in his right leg. Once he was finish he picked up the brush and wrote a poem.

'Night and day fall. 
War and allies tumbles.
Love and Hate rise. 
Here a boy cries.
Scars and Cut all around.
Secrets not to be told.
Even when pain kills. '

Baekhyun place his head on the table. He begins to bang his head in frustration. He pull back and threw his head back. His heart clenching in pain as if someone or something was squeezing it. Baekhyun vision begins to flash something. A boy smiling at him. A hand reaching out to him. Something told Baekhyun to go out into town alone. But Baekhyun refused to give in because he wasn't allow to go into town without a person by his side. If he did, he could get into serious trouble. After a while of thinking he felt his own body moving by itself. Before he knew it, he sneaked out of the kingdom and into the small town outside the palace. 

Baekhyun walked around looking at the little markets. As he walked around he saw that many children were homeless. He felt terrible and bend down when he saw a boy crying. 

"What's the matter?" Baekhyun asked. The boy looked at Baekhyun and then at his mother. "My mother...she is in pain...we don't have money so I can't take her to see a doctor." He said.

Baekhyun looked at the sick mother. He felt very bad for the two so he pulled out a few coins and gave it to the boy. "Take this and your mother to the doctor. I hope it helps." He said. The boy begins to cry harder, bowing. "Thank you mister." He said. Baekhyun smiled and rustle the boy's hair. "It's my pleasure." He replied. Baekhyun got up and walked away. 

He continue to walk until he bumped into a group of drunk men. Baekhyun flinched and backed up. The men turned around. "Look what we got here boys." The big guy said as he moved closer. "A rich looking man. Give us your money." He said. 

Baekhyun scoffs. "As if. You'll have to get it yourself." He said. 

"It's six against one buddy. You are out number." 

Baekhyun kicked the big guy making him fall. The group saw this and begins to attack Baekhyun. Baekhyun twisted an arm, broke a leg and possibly cracked one of the other men private area. More men showed up and Baekhyun was trapped. One grab Baekhyun from behind. Baekhyun elbow the person. 

"You actually look beautiful up close. Are you even a guy." Baekhyun turned around and punch the guy in the face. Another grabbed him and pinned him against a wall made of rocks. Baekhyun struggle but two hands from above held him still. 

The man was about to search Baekhyun for money and do something bad when the man was kicked aside. Baekhyun looked at his savor and saw a guy around his age beating the men down.

Jung Daehyun, born to a family where his father was a legendary swordsman and his mother was a maiden got the opportunity to train and learn the way of the human being.  However his parents kept their identity hidden from everyone including their three children. Daehyun and his family worked on a little farm and grew all kinds of crops. 

Their main crop was rice. Daehyun and his family often fed the homeless once or twice a week.

Although his family made fair amount of money and had a good reputation, his family were still step over. Tax payers were rude to the them and other market owner will spit at them or ruin their crops. 

Daehyun always thought his family were too nice. But there was one thing. No one messes with his family when Daehyun was around. 

Daehyun rarely goes with his family to the market area because he was always teaching young kids how to defend themselves.

Every child in town loves Daehyun. They thought of him as a role model. Daehyun loves kids and when he have children of his own he was going to spoil and train them hard.

Today Daehyun was out with his family selling things. As he sold he spot a unfamiliar young man. He watches as the young man bend down and gave money to a boy. Daehyun smiled and felt something tug at his heart. When the young man turned, Daehyun felt his heart flatter. He was beautiful, Daehyun thought. The fact that Daehyun thought this mysterious man was beautiful and generous made him want to speak with the man. The beautiful man started to walk away in the other direction. Something told him to follow the man but he was still helping a customer. After he helped the customer, Daehyun alerted his parents he had a errand to run. Daehyun begins to run in the direction hoping the man that caught his eyes didn't go far.  

He heard crowds talking and scream of pain in the distance. Daehyun rushed over to see the person he was looking for fighting as if  to defend himself. Daehyun pushed pass the people gathering. The young man was being pinned against the wall. Two man holding his hands from above. Daehyun runs up to the man searching the beautiful guy's body for something and kicked him away. 

Daehyun felt himself surrounded but lucky the man he was helping escape from the hold. He joined in on the fight as well instead of running away. 

Daehyun and the other guy fought until their backs collide. 

"Name is Baek." 

Daehyun punched a guy. "Nice to meet you, Baek. Name is Daehyun." 

"Nice to meet you Daehyun." 

Both Daehyun and Baekhyun was fighting the group until none was left. 

Baekhyun collapsed but Daehyun caught him. He notice Baekhyun bleeding from his left leg. "You're hurt." 

Baekhyun gasped and held his leg. "I'm fine, don't worry." 

Daehyun helped him up. "Let me help you.." 

Baekhyun looked at Daehyun. His heart beating fast. The man was cute and handsome up close. He looked away quickly. "I bother you enough. I should get going." 

Baekhyun beings to walk away but fell again. "On second thought, help me." 

Daehyun chuckles a bit. He shook his head a bit and helped Baekhyun up. "Alright, I guess we are going to go back to my market stand. I'll help you once we get there." He told Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun nods and held onto Daehyun's arms, wincing in pain as he walked. Daehyun notices this and picked up Baekhyun up bridal way.

"Yada! Put me down!" 

"No. You can't even walk." 

"I can too!" 

Daehyun ignore Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun crossed his arms. 'Who do he think he is, carrying me. The tenth prince.' Baekhyun thought. As they arrived Daehyun set Baekhyun down. 

"Wait here." 

Baekhyun nods. When Daehyun arrives back with medicine he bends down to help Baekhyun. He begins to roll up Baekhyun's pants. 

Baekhyun slaps his hands. "I can do this alone." He said. Daehyun looked at Baekhyun surprise but nods. Baekhyun was having troubles and Daehyun couldn't help but laugh at the man. Baekhyun glares at Daehyun. "Stop laughing." 

"Can't help it." He replied. Baekhyun was getting frustrated. He groans. "I give up I don't need it." He says standing up. Daehyun looks up at him.

"Sure?" He asked.

"I'm pretty sure, I don't need these stuff."

Baekhyun said as he walked forward. He suddenly fall forward onto Daehyun. Both meeting eye to eye. Their eyes widening at each other.