Ch.1 Pt.2

The 9 Lives

"You died. He's alive, but you're dead."

You were in shock and not knowing what to do, you just sat there. "He won't see you. So lets go in." She opens the door slowly. After she opens the door, you, by yourself, roll yourself next to his bed. No one was there, perhaps his family didn't know he was injured. "We've been dating for 8 months and I still haven't met his family. Never once did he ever bring them up." You face was confused and dazed "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Then your tears started falling one by one again. As you try to reach out for him your hand only goes through him. "Why? Why am I HERE!?" You scream at the top of your lungs but nobody could hear you. But right now, that's all you wanted, you wanted to be heard, you wanted answers but the nurse just looked at you.

"Follow me. You've should get better by now." She turned right and disappeared. Still confused, you followed her. Her elegant figure quickly turned into a man's body.

 "What?" Your eyebrows creased and worry hit your face. The nurse turned around and said "I have many forms to myself, but this is how I will, from now on, look like. My name is Jaeyoon." Jaeyoon quickly made an 180-degree turn and continued walking front. He walks through a wall and you stand there put of your mind. "This is crazy, I have to get back to Rowoon. I'm not actually dead this is a joke." You thought to yourself as you try to run back to Rowoon room. But as you turned around, it was an endless white hallway. You gulped. "Jaeyoon?" You quietly called out for his name. But he didn't show. "Rowoon?" You tried again but he also didn't show. You break down on your knees and cried.

Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.

4 steps. You heard 4 distant steps. A warm hand touched your shoulder. "Get up. We have a lot to be done." It was Jaeyoon voice.

When you got up, first thing you did was look into his eyes. He gave you a sweet smile and slowly walked in front of you. "Follow me." After several minutes, curiosity came over you. "Where are we going?" You asked shyly and nervously. No response. "I've asked you many questions today, why arent you responding?" Your patience was slowly going away. Still no response. A few more seconds of silence, before you could say something, Jaeyoon asks you. "Do you want to be alive again?" Your attention was grabbed and your eyes widen. "Yes! I'm too young! Not to mention I haven't even told Rowoon goodbye yet!" You rushed towards Jaeyoon. "To come back alive, you must go through 9 trials. 7 out of the 9 must be successful and if you were to comeback alive... You cant turn or take anything back." Jaeyoon wanted you but all you hear was the trials. "What are they? The trials? What are they?" You eagerly asked as a smile was brought upon your face. "Anything I will do anything! Please I have to see Rowoon again." A small hint of happiness was found on your face but Jaeyoon had a different expression. He look at you and explained the rules to you.

"You mustn't mess up. You are only given 1 chance to do these trials. If you mess up more than twice, your stuck in a bad place." Jaeyoon's eye shot you down. You could see the anger and frustration he was in but why? Why was he mad?

"A bad place?" You asked him. "Its a risk-it-or-lose-it type of thing. If you accept the trials and fail, your forever stuck as a ghost. Not knowing what to do or why your here. If you succeed, which only 10% of people do, you get to become human again." Jaeyoon then smiled. "When does my first mission begin?" You jumped on the train without even knowing what to do. "Slow your roll, I haven't even told you all of it yet. You can only enter the human body 10 times every trial-" You interrupted Jaeyoon with a question. "You mean I'm a ghost during these trials?" "Yes"

"You are given 9 diffrrent lives to "control". You must..

1.) Kill One

2.) Save One

3.) Teach One How To Love

4.) Teach One How To Stop Loving

5.) Help One Succeed

6.) Destroy One's Life

7.) Help One Remember His Past

8.) Uncover an untimely death

9.) Ill Fated Love"

Jaeyoon goes through the instructions with you. Amazed you stopped to ask questions.

"I have to kill someone? And what does ill-fated love have to do with any of this?" Frustrated with you, Jaeyoon continues ignoring you. "Remember you can only fail at 2 of these. No more. Here is a phone that you can contact me in. The first person up is...."

 

And if you guys didn't know, this is actually an interactive story where you get to choose whose next. The poll is actually on Amino but you guys can comment down below.