Chapter 28

❣ Scars To Your Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry. I shouldn’t have walked off like that.” Baekhyun said as he sat down on the edge of the bed, hiding his face inside of his hands so that he didn’t have to look at you. Today he got home later than usual, you suspected that he had gone for a walk to clear his mind before he came back. Maybe he had been thinking about a way to tell you about why he had reacted in such way, because he had no idea that you already knew. Though you didn’t really care that it had taken him so long to get back because you had needed a little more time yourself to get yourself back together. Getting threatened with a knife wasn’t something that happened to you every single day, and standing right in front of the man who had tortured the guy you loved for years had been quite something to process. You knew you had to tell him, if you wouldn’t then one of the guys would, because they had been there. To your surprise it had been Garth who had taken care of you after Joe had gotten you inside. Joe had been in the kitchen making you some tea when the boy had walked up to you and had sat next to you on the couch. He had carefully asked you if you had been okay, if you needed his help with anything and if he could do something. For the very first time you had caught a glimpse of the guy Gena had fallen in love with instead of the arrogant bastard he always pretended to be around you. Of course this didn’t mean he was forgiven, you were still pissed about all the stunts he had pulled on you, but maybe you had put the first step in the right direction today. Baekhyun looked up when he noticed how unresponsive you were, and you stared at the wall in front of you as you tried to find the right words to say. How did you have to explain to him that his father knew where he lived, that he had been watching you, that he knew about you. There was a really big chance that this wasn’t the last time you had heard from him, by the look inside of your eyes you had made up that he seemed determined about meeting his son. He would freak out and the last thing you wanted was for the events of this morning to repeat themselves. 

 

His hand reached out for you and you lowered your gaze to his before walking towards him and stopping a few inches in front of him. An apologetic look was spread over his face as he took your hand in his and he gave it a gentle squeeze. Apparently he thought that you were still angry at him, but that wasn’t the reason why you were so quiet. “I know you won’t believe me when I say that I had a good reason for the way I reacted and I know it’s not an excuse for leaving you there like that.” Quickly you shook your head, hoping that you were able to stop him from rambling like that. Sounds were coming from downstairs, the prove that the others were getting ready for dinner. When Baekhyun had gotten home and had asked if he could talk to you, you had told Gena that she didn’t have to come looking for you when the food was ready. It was a reassurance to know that she wouldn’t come in and ruin this conversation between the two of you, because she was quite good in those things. “No, it’s okay. I believe you.” You muttered, slowly intertwining your fingers with his while holding them out in front of you. He looked up at you from his seated position and you couldn’t help but feel vulnerable underneath his gaze. The sun was still shining outside, but the longest day of the year had already passed and you knew that from now on the days would only get shorter. Darkness would fall earlier and soon the winter would come again, a season you weren’t really looking forward to. “You do?” He asked and he seemed surprised by how easily it had been for him to convince you. Maybe if you hadn’t already figured it all out that you would have been seriously angry with him. There would have been a big chance that you would have screamed at him then, that you would have lashed out on him. You couldn’t deny that you still wished that he had trusted you from the first minute and he had just told you the truth, but now you could understand why he hadn’t. A deep sigh left your lips as you sent him a firm look. It was now or never and you knew it, you had to tell him what had happened because otherwise you would never find the courage to do it again. 

 

There was no way you were going to let him run off again, not this time. “He was here Baekhyun.” You whispered, so low that you could barely hear your own words, but he had. All different kind of emotions seemed to travel over his face as he let that thought settle inside of his mind. At first you saw the pure anxiety, which soon changed into panic before it turned into the final one, which was anger. “When?” He hissed, his voice so cold that you could feel all the blood set inside of your veins. If you thought that he had sounded hateful when you had seen him the first time then you had been wrong, because that had been nothing compared to this. You took a deep breath, knowing you couldn’t back down now. He had the right to know everything. “This morning, after I changed into some other clothes and I was planning to walk back to campus. He called out for me and I thought he was just some man who wanted to ask something, so I stopped. He asked for you and then he recognized my voice and he figured out who I was.” You explained, wondering if you should leave out the next few details. But if you wouldn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter