1. Running

Selcouth

 

Selcouth;

Chapter 1

By: M.S.Jing

-

For prior notice, I may go back and update some things, for example reader who read chapter 1 before May 10th will see the 21 questions thing, but I took it out as I did not feel I could do anythign with it. So I hope none of you get too excited if it shows up as updated. - Minjing

-

“Selcouth; unfamiliar, rare and strange, yet marvelous" the petite boy read from the booklet the teacher had just handed out. "That's a great word Mr. Lee," the teacher complimented the young student, writing it down in his little booklet "now Mr. Kim". "Eccedentesiast; a person who fakes a smile" the tall man next to the small boy chose, reading aloud for the rest of the class behind him to hear. "Very descriptive, and lastly Mr. Ahn?" The 50-year-old teacher huffed pointing to the back where the happy-go-lucky boy stood up and read happily. "Nepenthe; something that can make you forget about grief or suffering" he beamed, sitting back down at his friend's urging.

   "Great, now since everyone should have written those down, make a story with them," the man assigned sitting at his desk "the story should have deep meaning so that the readers can deeply connect to your characters. So much that if one of them died they'd cry. A minimum of 20 chapters and a maximum of 30, about 5 pages per chapter. It should be typed and since I understand that the creative process takes a long time, it will be due as a final exam at the end of the year".

‘Second Year Creative Fiction Writing; taught by Mr. Oh’. The words were engraved in the small boy at the front of class’ mind, having read it over 200 times in the last hour. This was his third week of classes and already it was a boring as a lecture from his friend about his major, China World history. The pink mop of hair on his head bobbed cutely as he shifted his head once again to try and get comfortable while writing notes. The tall silver-haired one next to him just groaned as the assignment was given out, it would probably mean actually doing something for once.

“Jihoon-ah, what are you planning to write about, I’m thinking a tragic love story between a prince who lives a secret life and an innocent florist”. “I have no idea, maybe a heartbroken vampire that falls in love with a human but in the end, they die together” the boy, now known as Jihoon, ranted off the idea to the skeptical latter, “that sounds gory for some reason”. “That’s because I’m saying it” Jihoon sighed, leaning his head around to let out small mewls as it cracked back into place. “You have no imagination” the silverette commented bluntly, making the other scoff in disagreement “I am a Lyricist and Composer, I have to have an imagination”.

“Speaking of that, how’s that going, by the way, the big project coming in today,” Mingyu asked, concerned for his sleep-deprived childhood friend. “I’m really worried, we’re working with first and third years and the third years are intimidating” he complained, banging his head on the desk twice. “I’m intimidating, huh?” a cocky voice came from behind them, making them turn around. “Not you, that overly-talented-bipolar-Jack-Frost boy” Jihoon chuckled, making the boy who interrupted them laugh really loud “that’s Yoongi-hyung, but you were so correct with your description”. “Junhui-hyung, don’t tell Yoongi-hyung” the boy begged standing up and facing the boy, holding his hands as he practically begged him.

“He scares you doesn’t he” Minghao, the adorable boy next to him, stated, making Jihoon nod in agreement “very much so”. “I think Seungcheol, Minjun, Jiho, Wonshik, Junhyung and Jiyong are pretty scary” the older of the two Chinese boys admitted, even looking around to make sure none of them were there. “Minjun-hyung is the nicest there is, Junhyung scarier than a ghost” the other argued, rolling his eyes and sitting back down, Junhui only shrugged “Yes, but when he works he-”. “Please keep the talking to a minimum until the class is over” the already fed up teacher requested, making the boys shut up and get back to work planning.

After class was over the two boys of opposite heights went to the courtyard and were trying to relax. “You know the sky’s so pretty right now” Mingyu hummed, though his eyes were closed, making Jihoon give him an ‘are you okay’ look, “the Ice Prince has melted in this summer-like heat”. “Ice Prince?” he questioned, cracking one eye to look at the younger that was laying next to him, “do you prefer Ice King?”. “That is forever Taekwoon-Hyung's title,” he rejected, the sound of voices coming from inside “bye, bye peace and quiet”. “There they are!” the same voice screeched, making Jihoon flinch as he started whispering “5...4...3...2...1”. At the count of 1, there was somewhat of an impact on both their stomachs, indicating what they both knew was their friend, Seokmin, had slapped their stomachs.

“Ya, Lee Seokmin, I swear, you hit me one more time and-”. “Jihoonie” a slightly feminine but definitely male voice scolded, making the angry boy calm down and sit up straight. “Jeonghan-hyung, for once can’t you let me hit him” he begged, even resorting to making a cute face, however, immune the older was “you three are all my children and I will not tolerate fighting”. “You won’t hit me, I’m lovable” Seokmin beamed, sitting in between the two tired ones, the pinkette patting his head “I know, just a little annoying”. “Today in class this guy, Seungkwan played a prank on Vernon and they chased each other around until the teacher came half-an-hour late” Chan reported, making Seokmin laugh for some reason ”they can’t be any more obvious”.

“What are you talking about” Jeonghan wondered as he sat down next to the small one, Chan sitting beside him. “They obviously love each other, last year when you had a class with them they almost kissed” Seokmin reminded them, which was true. “You’re delusional” Jihoon and Mingyu said in unison, Chan cocking his head in wonder. “Okay, !; I literally just saw Vernon-ssi coming out of the coat closet with Raeni-eonni. 2; you two stop being that kind of icy creepy” Jeonghan scolded, Seokmin rolling his eyes “Raeni-eonni also has a twin brother”.

“Let it go” Chan grunted as he flopped down to stare at the sky that had gotten cloudy “how was your kindergarten courses”. “It was great, we’re already getting informed on the final project,” Seokmin told, even more, excited than how he usually is. “You know i-,” halfway through his sentence Mingyu “run, let’s run now!”. “What?!” Jeonghan mumbled, looking around hurriedly, “He’s right, right now, run!” Jihoon agreed, getting up with the older and rushing for the doors.

“Hey look, it’s the elf and his ice prince” A voice called, surprising the confused three still on the ground. Mingyu and Jihoon, were almost at the glass doors, froze and turned around, standing up straight, “hello, boys”. And there standing at the other end of the pathway, coming out of the other glass doors were the school’s famous rich kids that were spoiled as . And lucky us they hated Mingyu and the other boy because of one day, last year when the smaller one got in a fight with the one called Soonyoung and Mingyu ended up butting in. There was him, Wonwoo, Vernon, Seungkwan, Joshua, and Seungcheol.


They stalked closer, standing at least a meter in front of the two and considering how short he is he must’ve seemed somewhat intimidated. “So I heard from a little birdie that you said we’re spoiled little brats” Soonyoung tattled, talking in a voice that made the pink haired boy feel 3feet tall. “Now Soonyoung-ssi, why would you say that I adore you” he smiled, trying hard not to sound sarcastic even though he hated his guts.

 

Jihoon POV

“Of course you do Jihoonie, I’m loveable” the small eyed boy smirked, face looking bored, “yes, of course,” Mingyu muttered under his breath. “Was it you who said that then” Seungkwan observed, pointing to the taller one beside me who I bet just wanted to punch their face in.

“Hey, you three over there you know the-” the blonde one named Soonyoung yelled at Jeonghan, Chan, and Seokmin, “we don’t know them” I replied in their place, interrupting him in the process. “Did you just talk over me” he hissed, taking a small shuffle forward, making me step back naturally “oops”. “Yea oops, did you not learn from last time not to do that” Vernon scoffed swinging an arm around Seungkwan who smirked, “I think he needs to be punished”.

At that moment both Mingyu and I knew we had to run, like now. He swung open the door and I kicked Soonyoung’s thigh and dashed inside, Mingyu not far behind. I didn’t know where to go so I just went up the stairs, stupid Kim was faster than me and caught up easily. Then an idea hit me, our locker I can hide in there, Mingyu could probably fit in there while I hide in Soonyoung’s filled one. “The gym” he decided, grabbing my hand as he dragged me to the first-floor gym, people staring as we ran past.

When we got there, the 'introductory to basketball' was on so we had to go into the storage room, collapsing in the middle of the room. My breath was ragged, my athletic asthma not helping as I had to bring out my inhaler and take a puff. “Jihoon-ah are you okay, you look like you just got ed” Mingyu huffed, making me crack a smile as I put the cap back on. “ you... I was going... to hide in our locker... that was... five steps away” I spoke in between breaths as I heard the practice stopped, the balls and talking all in one.

   “I’m going to grab our regular shoes from the locker room and we can get on the bus, make a U-turn and come back later” the older muttered because apparently, his lungs were huge, I passed him my indoor shoes and he left just like that. ‘How the hell is he not at least a little out of breath’ I thought to myself as I let the jacket of my uniform fall off my shoulder. I looked over at the window, it was still light out since it was 1 pm and I could see myself in the reflection in the metal of the door.

   My hair was disheveled, jacket still off my shoulder, the top button on my dress shirt was undone and somehow my belt came out of the place where if it’s too long you tuck it in there. Mingyu was right, I look like I was about to be ed up. My entire body hurt but I had to get eventually and my brain desired that time to be now. Just as I was about to get up the door burst open and slammed against the cart of volleyballs. “Found yo-”. The man was cut off as we made eye contact and he froze like a statue. “Choi… Seung… Cheol” I hyperventilated, words coming out in fractions as I had the lungs of a child. Said ‘Seungcheol’ was shocked for reason that still I do not know.

   He just stepped back out and slammed the door and I heard nothing but footsteps as they left. About 30 seconds later Mingyu burst in, scaring me for the second time that day. “Hey, something weird just happened,” he murmured as he started putting on his runner “I was in the locker room with the lights off and Seungcheol came in, I was about to run but he just ran past me and into the showers”. “He actually came in here and stared at me for a few seconds before then he left” I explained, him tilting his head in thought as he started on the other shoe.

   “Maybe he’s night-blind” he guessed, the sound of basketballs and yelling resuming. “Let’s hurry before he comes back” I suggested as I peeked out the doors, seeing Seungcheol run out the main gym doors. We left quietly and stood at the bus stop, thinking that we’d lost them. But no, just as we saw the bus pull onto the street from the block over Soonyoung’s voice rang clear “there you are”. We both spun to see his face through the metal bars of the gate, scrawny legs trying to climb over.

  The bus just pulled up as they jumped over the gate and started running towards us and it was about two gym lengths away so as soon as the bus driver opened the door we climbed in. “Sir, please just go, now, please” Mingyu pleaded, the poor confused driver nodding as the door closed and he pulled away, the boys barely able to get to the back of the bus. “Thank you,” I said as I bowed to the bus driver while Mingyu paid for our fees. We went to sit in the very back, looking out the back window just in time to see Soonyoung kick the pole and hunch over in pain.

   “We just have to get off at Central and switch buses so we can go back and go to next block” the older planned, looking at the bus schedule on his phone. “I’m sorry Mingyu-hyung, I shouldn’t have bad-mouthed him” I apologized, leaning on his shoulder as I watched him text Jeonghan. “Shut up, you didn’t bad mouth him, he’d had tried to beat us up any day” Mingyu hummed, ticked off as Jeonghan started swearing in the texts.

   I pulled the wire when I saw the next stop come up on the lighting board “Jeonghan-Hyung's gonna kill us when we get back”. “Jihoon-ah, what are you going to do when I go on that trip next week, you’ll be all alone for five days” he asked as we stood up and went to stand at the doors. “You’ll be taking Soonyoung with you” I reminded him, as the bus stopped as jerked a little, the doors opening as it came to a full stop.

“But you’ve gotten on the bad side of Vernon, Seungkwan, and Wonwoo. They might come after you, knowing you’re alone” he ranted, maybe a little too worried about me, the doors opening and us getting off. “I’ll stay in public at all times, or I’ll keep our little Dino with me” I half joked, his face getting dark as we walked back “Jihoon”. “Okay, if it happens again I’ll run to the teachers” I groaned, his seriousness making me scared, unlike the usual icy exterior.

We walked back to the school where there was no sign of the boys. We both had to go to the gym and luckily we were in the same gym class but unluckily that we had it with Jeonghan because he was gonna chew us out. Which he did as soon as we walked into the locker room, giving a few of the other boys a heart attack when he started yelling. We played dodgeball and he tried to kill us, Mingyu was even on his team. But no, he had to throw from the back of the gym, hitting Mingyu in the shoulder. Next was Rap for Mingyu and Composing for me, my favorite class of the day.

“Jihoon-ah!” a voice called from the other side of the hallway, I turned and smiled happily “Hey, Junhui-hyung”. “I hope we’re partners for the project were getting assigned today” he wished, almost skipping as we walked to the soundproof basement. “I’d love to work with Yoongi-hyung or Jiho-hyung” I admitted, him making a fake offended face as we entered the stairs to the basement “Didn’t you say you were scared of them”. “Yea but they’re amazing at what they do”.

The basement was dimly lit and it was like we just walked into a well-decorated sauna, it was at least 27 degrees. Everyone was here except Seungcheol and Jiho. The bell rang as I plopped down on the floor next to Minjun, we started chatting about the upcoming project. 3 minutes later Jiho showed up and 2 minutes after that Seungcheol did.

“Good you’re all here, I’d like to establish some rules” the 30-something-year-old teacher decided, turning around in his ‘producer’s chair’. “1; I know it is like 100-degrees down here but there is no A/C, we are all guys, be shirtless all you want. 2; Break my equipment, you’re dead and paying for it. 3; No fighting, you are here to make music not be in fight club. 4; I see you slacking off for more than 10 minutes and you’re doing exercises in the corner. Understood?”. “Yes Sir”.

Junhui and I exchanged glances at the shirtless part, slightly weirded out by how ‘chill’ he was. “Now I’m sure you all remember me telling you about the second project?”. We all nodded, however, slow we were processing the information. “I will give you partners, you are to create your own song, these songs will be used for Dance club’s project. It will be due in exactly 3 weeks, here’s the partner list, break a leg”. “This is gonna be amazing” I whispered to Junhui, genuinely excited for this.

“Okay, Minjun with Hanbin, Jiyong with Jonghyun, Wonshik with Yonghwa, Jiho, and Junhui, Junhyung with Yoongi, Namjoon with Jinyoung and I guess Jihoon with Seungcheol. Just BTW, make up your ‘stage names’". My heart felt like it had stopped even though it was probably racing over 120bmp. Seungcheol? Choi Seungcheol? Why was the universe punishing me? Was it because of Soonyoung?

Junhui was snickering beside me, hand over his mouth as he stood up “Good luck”. It’s not that Seungcheol was exceptionally scary or anything, he was a genius when it came to music. He’s just intimidating, his face, movements, but I repeat not scary. “Do you not like Seungcheol-ah?” Minjun wondered, twiddling his fingers as he looked around for Hanbin. “He’s just intimidating,” I said glaring holes into Seungcheol who was on his phone and probably didn’t hear a word he said.

“Talk with him” he suggested, finding the other and standing up, looking down at me, “I’ll try”. I watched as Minjun and Hanbin did a little handshake, smiles all around. I stood up unwillingly, keeping my eyes on Seungcheol who still hasn’t looked up. Walking over noticed some partners have left, the teacher had already started assigning booths.

“Seungcheol-ssi” I called, standing in front of him. He glanced up, the black bangs on his head swept to the side and eyes tired, “What?”. “U-umm… th-the project” I stuttered, hoping the darkness of the room and the heat would mask the blush on my cheeks. With no words he stood up, standing only a little away from me, and walked over to the teacher saying some inaudible words before walking towards the hallway. I scurried after him, tripping over my own feet as he opened the second door on the left, going inside.

I quickly slipped in before he slammed it shut, shaking the room, “Jihoon is it?”. I hummed a yes, going around him to sit on one of the spinning chairs, inspecting the computer and mixing board. “Tell me,” he muttered, sitting on the arm of the other chair and leaning down so he was only a few inches away from my ear “why did you look like that?”.

I stopped, turning the chair and leaning back so I was at a comfortable distance, my hair? “Wh-what, umm… I had to bleach my hair so I could dye it”. “No, the gym storage room” he corrected me, coming closer, blocking me between him and the chair. I stopped and blinked a few times before remembering what Mingyu had said. “I was running away from you guys, what did it look like to you?” I scoffed, trying to be confident when inside I just wanted to kick him back.

“You looked like you were waiting for someone to come and that pretty little of yours”. My eyes widen and I slapped my hand over my mouth as I used my other to slap him and push him back as far as he would go. Though his ground was pretty strong so I ended up moving back instead, the back the chair hitting the desk “Ya, Choi Seungcheol, do you want me to kill you!”. “Fine, what genre do you want to do” he sighed, sitting properly in his own chair and turning to turn on the computer.

“I… umm… How about a Ballad” I suggested, comfortable and familiar with the genre, though looking at his face I have a feeling he doesn’t like it. “How about a mix of Ballad and R&B,” he challenged, surprising me that he agreed with my choice “let’s start with the beat”.

For a straight hour, we did two things, the project and fending each other off, not killing each other. He would always yell at me when I did something wrong, even one little button and every time he did I also got angry, screaming back at him. I’m so glad the room is soundproof.

“Juhui-hyung, I’m dying, I hate him” I cried, stomping my feet on the ground as Jiho listened to their rough beat once again. “I’m sorry Jihoonie, I heard Junhyung and Yoongi ask to switch because they’re both rappers but the teachers said to ‘ it up’” Junhui sighed, one ear of his headphones off as he wrote some notes down. “I can’t believe I have to spend a minimum 22 and a half hours with him” I whined, Junhui rubbing my back as Jiho wrote some stuff down too.

“How’d you do the math so quick?” he wondered, arms wrapped around my waist, as he leaned on my side. “I did it in the many minutes I had free because he said I ‘can’t do it right’” I sighed, putting an arm on his shoulder. “Okay, I’m glad to have company and don’t get me wrong, I love you, but please get out” Jiho pleaded, falling back in his chair as he spun to us. “I’m sorry, I’ll see you in 20 minutes” I waved, getting up and leaving.

I snuck as quietly as I could, sitting down in my chair, Seungcheol luckily not acknowledging me. I put the headphones back on my head and heard him play the 20 seconds of bass guitar, bass drum and snare drum over and over again.

After the 10th replay he paused it and turned to me, taking his own red and white headphones off “Jihoon-ah, I like taking the last 15 off, I’m going to save this and we’re going to talk”. I nodded, feeling a bit tired myself. He saved it on the computer, turning everything off, putting the headphones back in his backpack and relaxing in his chair. “Soonyoung-ah told me about your fight last year, you’re pretty feisty aren’t you?” he chuckled, reaching a hand up and over, pulling my chair closer.

“Yea, that got a little bit out of hand” I chuckled nervously as I tried to move away from him as he put his feet on my lap. I shifted over in the chair and put his feet on the chair instead of on me. “He’s actually a nice guy, he just has a bad temper” he excused the younger, pulling out his phone and typing a few things.

“He’s not the only problem, Vernon, Seungkwan and Wonwoo don’t seem to like me either” I mumbled, looking down at my shoes as I unconsciously played with his shoe laces. “Well Vernon you made him break his ankle, Wonwoo you made fun of, but Seungkwan just goes along with it because he’s Vernon’s best friend” he explained, reaching down to pull my feet onto his own chair.


“My friend is in a class with those two and he thinks they’re in love” I snickered, not noticing him untie my sneakers until it was too late, deciding to let him tie them up “well Vernon has a crush on Seungkwan but he can’t do anything about it so he makes out with random girls instead”. “Jihoon, when’s your birthday” he suddenly asked, untying the other shoe. “November, why?”. “If we get an A and the team that uses our song gets an A, I’ll take you to dinner that night” he offered, now tying up the laces into cute little bows, unlike the messy knots I usually do.

“No thanks, I hardly know you” I rejected, taking my feet away as soon as he finished. “My name is Choi Seungcheol, I’m 17 years old and my birthday is on August 8. I was born in Daegu and moved to Busan three years ago since my father had to work. My favorite colors are red and white. I’m 178 cm, 65 kg and my blood type is AB. I’m a black belt in Taekwondo, I don’t like lemons, my favorite number is 8 and I can’t eat spicy foods”. I stared at his lips as he talked, trying to process the information he just spouted, snapping out of it when he spoke again “Your turn”.

“My name is Lee Jihoon, I’m 15 years old, my birthday is November 22 and I’m from Busan. I’m 165 cm and 53 kg, my blood is A, I think. I can play the piano and guitar, I like dogs and I don’t like being called cute. My classes this semester are English, Fiction Writing, Gym, and Composing”. I noticed as I was speaking he was typing, probably not paying attention to me, not that it mattered, we were just filling time. “Are those classes in order?” he wondered, finally turning the device off and looking at me, I nodded.

My eyes wandered around his body for a minute, admiring his collar bone and designer pants that probably cost more than my rent. “I’ll give you my number” he decided, taking my phone from the desk and turning it on, grabbing my hand for the Touch ID before doing a few things. Handing it back to me after a minute. I just sighed, there was no way I was getting out of that. I'll just have his number on my phone now.

Ring Ring

“I’ll see you in Tomorrow cutie” he waved, getting up and leaving me to clean up my papers. I finished and found Mingyu conversing with a boy from his Chinese class, talking about the trip they're going on either the second-period class. It made me almost annoyed as they talked, wishing and wishing I was going with them, or even that Mingyu wasn't going. I knew if I asked him to stay he would easily do so but this trip meant a lot to him since he didn't go on school trips in elementary school due to his inability to pay for them. But since we both got jobs we've both been able to support ourselves, cutting down on rent by sharing a place, saving money by learning to cook for ourselves. And I couldn't take this trip away from him because I was scared of a few kids, some of whom that were younger than me. I had friends who would protect me and I can protect myself, maybe not against Soonyoung, him being a black belt in Taekwondo but Vernon and Seungkwan... Maybe.

We got on the bus and I sat beside Mingyu as they continued talking about the 'Wonders of the Chinese temple'. The other guy got off after 3 stops with most of the crowd, it being Central and all, leaving maybe 10 of us on the bus. "Let's go to McDonald's after work today" I suggested, the cheap yet delicious meal making my mouth water already. Okay, I haven't had a decent meal since school started, only ramen and instant food. I said we try and cook for ourselves, I never said either of us could cook.

"You know I'd love to Jihoonie, but I have to save up for the trip, we have to bring our own spending money" he rejected kindly, patting my head, making my hair fluffy. "Then I'll just work an extra shift" I shrugged, pulling the cord as we left the stop, "you shouldn't do that, use it to get some sleep" Mingyu insisted, pulling both of us up to the doors. "But I can, if I get enough tips then I can even buy that mixing board" I sighed helplessly, Mingyu only laughing as we exited the stopped bus. "Trust me Jihoonie, both you and I know it's going to take a lot more than an extra shift to get that in your hands". "I realize that but it'll get me closer" I murmured, dispirited by the truth of the matter. "Let's just hurry and get changed, we'll talk about this later" he smiled, opening the door to the cafe.

Mingyu POV.

4 hours later I left thinking Jihoon would be home in another 4 hours after taking Taehyung's shift so he could go on a date with his boyfriend. But after 4 and a half hours Jihoon still wasn't home, forcing me to go look for the weak little boy. "Jihoon-ah are you still here?" I through out the unlocked, yet closed shop. As soon as I stepped into the shop I spotted someone standing at the counter, since all the lights were off, except for a few in the front, I couldn't make out who it was but they were in a black hoodie. My eyes wandered around curiously and I found Jihoon on the counter, a rag on his hand. "Did you knock him out!" I screamed, outraged, it showing as I pulled out a switch blade and the figure swirled around and put his hands in the air, his hood falling down "No!". 'That voice, where have I heard it before, no way' I thought, slightly shell-shocked that their voice was softer than usual "Wait... Wonwoo-ssi?". "Yes!" The figure spat out, sounding scared as , his hand trembling in the air. "What did you do to him?" I asked, walking closer with the blade up to his neck level, yet never going closer than a meter to him. "I came in here because I thought it was still open, the lights were still on, Jihoon-ssi was already asleep?" He explained, trying to sound confident even though his body showed the exact opposite.

"Okay, I'll believe you" I hummed, putting the knife away and throwing it back in my pocket as I shook Jihoon, Wonwoo relaxing. The smaller shot up after a tiny bit of unexplainable mumbling, "!". "I told you to come home and sleep" I scolded, taking the damp rag from his hand and finishing up a few spots on the counter before going into the employee's room and grabbing his clothes. When I came back Jihoon was shutting all the counter lights off and Wonwoo standing like a statue where I left him. "Wonwoo-ssi, the sign outside says closed at 11, are you stupid or something?" Jihoon provoked the other, seemingly doing it 'accidentally'. "No, no, I used to know someone who worked here. She and her brother served me coffee after hours and the three of us would walk home together since we lived in the same apartment". I didn't really listen but no one could miss the sorrow in his voice when he said that like she'd died or something. Even Jihoon sensed it, the slightly emo was showing some real feelings.

"I'm sorry, I think I heard about them, I think we took their positions" Jihoon hummed, looking sorry while also slightly pathetic with that face in the shadows. "It's okay, I'll just go, I'm sorry to barge in, I won't tell Soonyoung-hyung about where you work" he apologized, immediately rushing out, the little bell on the door ringing. "That was wired" I muttered, grabbing Jihoon and walking towards the door, keys out in my hand. "He's going to tell Soonyoung, I just know it" Jihoon hissed like a child as we locked up and head home.

The whole way home I thought of something 'did he really fall asleep or did Wonwoo knock him out?'. But just as we entered our cheap studio apartment another thought entered my mind 'maybe he won't tell Soonyoung'.