JUNGKOOK PREVIEW

sea salt and a taste of death

It was the middle of Spring, leaves flew and scattered along the wet sidewalk, sticking to them. The gray and gloomy clouds cascaded along the sky, tear drops of rain fell down upon Earth. The streets were filled with a cluster of humans, smiling and taking a dose of food from vendors. Couples held hand in hand in the night, leaving their foot prints on the sand. 

Jungkook watched bitterly, trying to hide a scowl as he peered over at the crowd. He was a siren.. He played with love, he killed victims by seducing them first! But he was always curious about the so called legend called 'love'. That word could bring shivers down any sirens spine. Of course with couples and 'love', there always is hate and envy; something Jungkook was feeling heavily. 

"Doing alright, Jeon?" Yoongi hummed and floated across the surface of the water behind that rock that Jungkook was perched on.

Jungkook glanced at him before he looked up again, "Yeah, everything's alright."

"Doesn't sound like it-"

"What does love feel like?"

Yoongi stopped moving for a second, a scramble of words stuck in his throat. "Love? What nonsense made you think about that?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes and fell back into the water, resurfacing. "Well, I saw some cute people holding hands and there are some stories about love from these thingy called.. Books! Yeah, books that the humans left behind."

"Jeon, those are fake. Not real. Just some desperate and old people read those things for fun." Yoongi scoffed. Jungkook pouted, grazing his hand against the crystal clear water. 

"Jungkook, you are 189 years old. You were once a rookie siren but you now know that love is forbidden. Humans are just 'food banks'." Yoongi explained cold-heartedly. Jungkook felt a sharp pang to his chest, there goes his hopes.

"How about you and that- that Namseok? No, no, Namjin-"

"Shut it. That was a fling. He's dead." Yoongi shook with anger. 

"But you broke the rules and went up to the town and met him though!"

"It was for a mission! I didn't expect to meet him!"

"Wait no! You broken two rules. One, go to the town. Two, fall in love with a human! The rules were in the handbook from school!"

"I didn't fall in love!"

"You did!"

"All I felt about him was just lust."

"Yeah right." Jungkook scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Stop being a ing brat." Yoongi clenched his teeth and bared his fists.

"But he was a human. I remembered that you'd bring back so many treasures from up there and I just want to visit the town please-"

"No is a ing no Jungkook. I am not risking your naive up there. The human world is a ing mess up." Yoongi let out a growl, clenching his fist. Jungkook felt the aura of anger radiating off of him. He bit his inner cheek and stayed quiet.

"I mean it, don't try anything. Your job is to stay on the waters and beach and to feed off of them. Nothing more." He explained, before turning around and swimming back into the waters. Jungkook watched in disbelief, watching Yoongi's red fin disappear into the ice cold water. He stayed quiet, his curiosity still remained closely in his mind. 

He sighed and swam to the shore, muttering a few words before his black tail turned into a pair of legs. 

His black tail was one of the only things that had separated himself from a mermaid; the more trustworthy and angelic ones. Mermaids had beautiful vibrant colors whilst sirens had nothing but the dark tones.

He crawled onto his feet, wobbling a little before he casted another spell, a nearby black cloth turned into a silky dress shirt that cascaded down to his thighs, his scales turned into black jeans. He looked over the beach, trying to spot his first victim, his first midnight snack. He loved Fridays and weekends. It meant more drunk idiots and more of a chance that they would stray off from the land and into the water. Where they would drown and Jungkook would feed off from their energy and lust. 

Jungkook wouldn't say he was ugly, he knew he was pretty. Sirens would say his beautiful was  a blessing; his voice was different and more airy then the others. 

He cleared his throat, letting out a string of airy and lustful lyrics. He closed his eyes, letting his magic do most of the work.

This was his life.