Chapter 6: Strawberry Blond

Fall From Grace
Please log in to read the full chapter

Aejung is a killer.

It makes sense somehow. That is why she has that black aura lingering around her, because she had killed someone. But still, I don’t believe she killed someone. The way she treated me yesterday – it was just so different from the Aejung she said she is. Maybe that black smoke means something else, but not the thing she said. The fact that there are people who killed somebody but do not have the kind of black aura like Aejung is making me think twice about believing what she said. 

My mind shifted from discovering Aejung’s secrets to Jungkook’s true intentions to Aejung, having a thought that these two are related somehow to my mission, that I remained awake until morning. When I saw the sun showing its first raise in the east, I got up and started to get ready for an early jogging.

When I went back I changed into uniform. I didn’t see both Aejung and Jungkook, so I headed downstairs (I used the stairs) and went straight to school.

Seokijn and Hoseok are already there when I entered our room, and they joined me to my seat. They talked about Seokijn and Jungkook staying at Hoseok’s house until midnight just to play a game. I asked if they do it often, and Hoseok said they do it almost every week.

“You should come with us, Jimin.” Seokijn offered. I nodded.

“Sure. I’ll come with you sometime.”

“Yeah, I think one more person won’t hurt Diana.”

“Who’s Diana?” I looked from Hoseok to Seokijn and back to Hoseok. Hoseok smirked.

“My babe, dude.”

“He means his car.” Seokijn grinned. “Hoseok’s been calling that y Audi his babe because he can’t have a girlfriend.” I started to smile when I saw Hoseok becoming red as he push Seokijn out of the tabletop.

“Hey―”

“Why not?” I asked after Seokijn has recovered from laughing.

“He’s shy.” Seokijn laughed again after whispering those words to me. “Hoseok may be like this outside, but he’s not really―”

“Hey, stop it.”

 

Jungkook came just after Aejung, and then our homeroom teacher went fifteen minutes after. Mr. Seo reminded us of the upcoming exams, and so we have to listen to lessons and study harder this time before reminding us to get home early, especially the girls, since there is a news of robbing in the neighborhood. After that he left the class.

 Right after Mr. Seo’s exit, a classmate went running inside, screaming “She’s here! She’s back!” Few of the girls smirked, but more sighed in exasperation. Boys all looked at the door, some of the girls clapped some of the boys’ arms or laps to get their attention back. Even Aejung flinched and looked at the door. 

A girl went in, making large, angry steps. She is maybe the most beautiful girl in this school, with her straight strawberry blonds and eyes that shifts from blue and green like the color of seas. She lunged to Aejung, twitching with anger. My heart stopped while I anticipated the whole scene. Is she Aejung’s friend?

 

“Get up.” Strawberry Blond’s voice was restrained, but anybody can hear the anger in it. 

 

Oh no, maybe not friends.

Aejung looked at her one last time before looking back at the window, and that received oohs from the crowd.

 

“How dare you ignore me?!” I stood up and took a step, wanting to stop the girl before she can even pull Aejung’s wrist and drag her to no one knows where. I don’t know how much she hates Aejung. Okay, maybe so much that she feels contented by degrading other person’s morals, but I need to step up. Rude things happening on Earth starts with a simple fight, like this. And I cannot just watch, now when—

 

You can’t intervene. I stopped after a step and listened to the words in my mind. It was the same voice I heard yesterday…

Shocked, I looked at Jungkook. I am so sure that it was not the flashback of what he had said. I was so sure that he sent that message through my mind, but when I look at him he was only putting a grim face while focusing at the fight. I saw the girl dragging Aejung out of the room. Aejung didn’t even fight and just walked with her, her head raised as if daring anyone to judge her of being scared, but her feelings now is the least of my priorities. Suddenly I want to make sure she’s safe and I want to protect her from her attacker.

You can’t boss me on this one, Jungkook, I thought bitterly and rushed behind the girls.

I saw them at the deserted locker area. Strawberry Blond is already shoving Aejung on the locker doors, behind them a ruined locker that I think belongs to the girl. Its door was opened, all the things inside it, books, her only taped picture, and other thing

Please log in to read the full chapter