Chapter 2: Jimin's Visitor

Fall From Grace
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jungkook is really cool for an earthborn.

He is tall, dark and handsome, the kind of dark that complimented his blond curls, and the kind of handsome that is timeless and effortless. He had a way in the girl’s head and knows how to use it, and so the girl went back to her unit without even fighting with him. I said that I’d her back to her room and he looked at me suspiciously (the guy also has an exaggerated earthborn intuition, I tell you), but I debated she’d just need someone, if in any case she would do it again, and so he let us go. But in reality, I didn’t know where I would go. Maybe I can think enough while getting through this.

Jungkook just nodded and said that I should keep her safe. We went to the room next to him. I expected that the unit must look like a girl’s, but then it is not.

Her room is dark and shady like her aura; its walls are colored grayish with highlights of black. There are lots of books scattered on the floor far beside the stairs, and though I really wanted to ask what those books are doing in there, I’m afraid of what the girl would do. Beside the books is a throw pillow serves as a cushion pillow, and on the other side of the living room are dark gray couches on either side, a square, brown coffee table and two dark gray love seats at very end of the room. The curtains are black so the sun cannot penetrate inside. Thankfully there is a tall lampshade behind the loveseat nearest to the wall, casting a dim glow in the room.

She looked ghostly, but even scarier than a ghost because of her dark aura. The room absolutely belongs to a suicidal girl. The only thing that makes me think again about her being suicidal is the relaxing scent of her house. It smells of herbs: cinnamon, jasmine, chamomile, mint. I wonder which scent is fake and which is real.

 

“You can go now.” She said after sitting on one of the loveseats. I was left standing by her doorway, now fixing my gaze on her.

“I don’t have the guarantee that you won’t do it again.” I shrugged. She stared at me.

“After what happened a while ago, I don’t think I can jump off again.”

 

And that’s when I realized. Earthborns are all the same. Even this earthborn girl. She wanted to jump off the building, maybe, but she’s still afraid of dying.

I stared back at her, mentally telling her what I realized just now, and as if she received the private message, she turned her head guiltily.

 

“If you’re really afraid to die, why do you want to jump off the building a while ago?”

“You wouldn’t understand. No one understands me, even that Jungkook from sixteen o-one.” She said in almost a whisper. I continued staring at her. “Anyway, you’re Jimin, right?”

“Yup.” I said, and I can almost convince myself now.

“I’m Aejung.” She opened once she saw me raising brows. “I mean, you should know the name of the person you saved, right?”

“I didn’t even save you…” It was that Jungkook who saved her, and not me. Nevertheless my earthborn body felt suddenly hot, appreciating what she said.

“Where are you staying? I figure you’re one of my neighbors, right?”

 

I blinked.

I never thought of it. 1602. 1601. And the numbers written on a paper in my wallet. 1612.

 

“I just guessed it. I mean, you cannot enter here like that, so maybe you’re living in one of the units here.”

“Sixteen-twelve. That’s my unit number.” And then I realized what she said. I looked at my body and I saw that I’m half- still.

 

What on Heavens…

 

But the girl just frowned and creased her brows, as if not minding my half- body. “Good. Then I think you could go now.” She said and took a book from the table. I stared at her for a moment and breathed

“Oh, yeah. Just please don’t go berserk and jump off again.”

“I won’t, I promise.” She said, not looking at me. She seems non-committal, but still a promise with an angel is sacred (much more to God) and no one should break it, but I don’t really know if that promise counts, considering I have an earthborn body. But then I nodded anyways.

 

I closed her door and went to my own apartment unit. I fished the keys out of my pocket and inserted one in the keyhole. I turned the handle down, and it clicked. I was aSeokijnd on how I got this unit. It’s not that the Lord payed for it, right?

Or maybe he did.

 

I shook my head. I really don’t know how the Lord works, and we angels cannot question the Lord’s jurisdictions or deeds. It’s just what it is, and it has a reason.

I went in my new unit. It is clean and cozy, and it is like someone’s actually living in here, but I doubt there is.

The first I noticed was the feeling. It is warm outside, but the house is warmer. Not the kind of warm that will make an earthly body sweat, but the kind of warm that is relaxing. Like someone is embracing me. Next is the color, which is white and cream, which gives the house a bright vibe.

I went upstairs, since the stairs are the first that welcomed me, first walking and then running, as if excitement has finally dawned me. This is my house! A while ago I was wondering where I would go after saving Aejung, and now I even have my own house.

 

There are two doors upstairs, the first one just the left side of the stairs and the one at the far end. The spaces in between are occupied by two shelves that reached the ceiling and arranged so that they form a V, with stacks of books on either of them. At the mouth of their V are small

Please log in to read the full chapter