Chapter 1

Wishful Thinking
Please log in to read the full chapter

JINYOUNG’S POV

 

Oh crap! I’m already late!

 

I just woke up missing the rings of my alarm clock. It was already 7:00am and I still need to catch up the bus. What a crappy Monday. This will be my first day as a second year student. A new journey awaits me again and again.

 

I caught up the 7:15 bus and still I’m late. Who would want to be late on their first day, right? After a long run on the stairs (why does this school doesn’t have any elevator?!!), I finally reached my classroom. Guess what, I’m the last student to enter there, it was awkward.

 

I saw every one’s head turn towards me, I replied a lot of sorry and bows and seated on the backrow. Great, I’m just the only one in this row. I saw Mark seated on the edge of the second row and he is happily chatting with a girl. Just wow, I’m already stressed on my first day.

 

As I noticed, there weren’t enough many students. When we’re in first year, there are 6 block sections of Accountancy students, but right now there’s only one section left. Talk about survival of the fittest, right? I think I’m lucky enough to be one of those 33 students that proceeded on second year.

 

I don’t want to be removed on this field because I promised my mother to continue her dreams. She aspired to be a certified public accountant, yet she didn’t took any licensure exam. Wooyoung-hyung also didn’t made it because he really wanted to enter a sports university.

 

As I traveled my eyes throughout the room, I saw many unfamiliar faces and familiar ones. I found out that on our block section had the most students that proceeded this year. I’m glad that there were many familiar faces and I will face again the struggle of meeting new people. I knew that I am on social matters and approaching strangers. Lucky that Mark was still with me though.

 

The bell rang and people gathered around with their groups and talked about their experiences on the qualifying exam. While me, on the other hand, was just reading a book. I wanted to chat with Mark but since he’s a total sociable person, he’s the one who led the group discussion.

 

A person caught my attention where he’s also sociable and a lot more talkative than Mark and Jackson, he’s probably be leading our batch soon and that’s Ong Seungwoo. I’m amazed on their group because all of the members of Seungwoo’s group have passed the exam. His friends were Minhyun, Daniel, Jaehwan, Jihoon and Daehwi. I’m quite jealous of them though, they’re still together.

 

Another person caught my attention, he’s so much like me, and I’ve become interested because he had this cold persona. He’s silent, emotionless, nerd (because he’s wearing a glasses, okay) and I can sense that we have the same personality. I still don’t know his name though because he came from another section last year, I just knew Seungwoo because he’s a talkative guy.

 

I observed a lot of things, I found out that majority of the students were guys and I found out that there were a lot of foreigner especially Japanese. I still don’t know their names, but I’m proud that I observed a lot of things.

 

I’m glad that our next class was on a different classroom, now I can sit next to Mark. The subject was Statistics and I really hate anything related to Math (yet I chose a career related to numbers, weird).

 

“Jirongie…!” Mark exclaimed as I sat beside him.

 

“Yah, why didn’t you reserved me a seat on our major class?” I nagged him. I’m quite comfortable with Mark, so I can talk to him informally but still I lack confidence on talking to people whom I didn’t close.

 

“I thought that if you seated next with a stranger, you’ll become more sociable. But hell, fate resides on you because it wants you to be alone.” He sarcastically said with a boasting laugh.

 

“Whatever.” I plainly answered and I just shrugged it off and continued reading my book. While I’m reading, I didn’t notice that he is talking with someone. I saw him talking with Wonpil.


“Mark, can I sit here?” Wonpil asked pointing to an empty seat aside him. “Oh sure! Why not!” Mark agreed.

 

“It’s hard to be alone right?” I heard Mark said to Wonpil which made him become a little bit sad.

 

“Yeah, my friends didn’t make it. Jae and YoungK went back to U.S. after they failed the exam while Dowoon and Sungjin-hyung transferred schools.” Wonpil answered with a disappointed sigh.

Please log in to read the full chapter