Prologue: Jinyoung

Wishful Thinking
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

'This is it, results day' I said out loud on my mind.

 

I woke up feeling agitated because the results of our qualifying exam was already released. I'm both nervous and excited actually. Nervous because there's a chance that I will not be on the list and change my course. Excited because I can see my friends again after a long summer vacation. This qualifying exam will decide if I will proceed to 2nd year or I'll change the course.

 

By the way, I'm an Accountancy student of Xavier University. Throughout the program, it is normal that there's a qualifying exam for us, accountancy students. Our seniors actually suffered a lot and that alone made me nervous. Chansung-hyung batch were 159 students on their first year while now they are only 28 left because many were filed on qualifying exam. I can sense that this day will be too emotional for us since I'm expecting the unexpected. I shrugged those thoughts off, ever since I'm in middle school I'm too negative. There are many 'what ifs' going on through my mind. But this is not the time, I must be positive right now.

 

The weather is good today, I'm ready to go to school now. I decided to walk only because I'm still nervous and I needed time to cool off.

 

 Being an Accountancy student is hard, however, I'm enjoying it. I don't have high grade on my major subjects, I'm just an average student compare to my classmates. What if I don't pass this exam? What will be my next course? I took this course because I want to continue the dream of my mother that she didn't become a Certified Public Accountant. I want to fulfill her dreams and I'm sure that she'll become proud and happy for me. Train of thoughts still clouding on my head and I didn't noticed Mark already beside me.

 

"Jirongie~ Are you prepared?"

 

Mark said playfully then became  serious.  Base on the tone of his voice, I became nervous again. Why did Mark always doing this? 

 

"What's our plan if we didn't make it?" I replied.

 

"Yah, don't think like that, remember what Jennie and Rose said to us? Be positive, okay. If they are here you already got their sermon and your punch right now," Mark said.

 

"Tsk.. They are too positive you know. They are intelligent, remember Jennie always got the high score on our quizzes. compare to me, I don't even get half." I pouted.

 

Mark smashed my head lightly. "Yah, what was that for?" I exclaim.

 

"You're too negative, Jinyoung. Oh, there's Jennie and Rose!" Mark said.

 

We went to Jennie and Rose and when they see me frowning, I got a painful pinch from them.

 

"Jinyoungie~ If you think like that, I'll promise to kill you" Rose said.

 

"We promised that we'll graduate together and that will come true okay? You're too pessimistic, if you think like that, you'll likely fail! Pabo" Rose nagged.

 

While we are walking to our department building, we knew that the results were already posted on the bulletin board. Lots of people, including my classmates, were rummaging in the board. We saw someone from different class crying out loud because he didn't make the cut, obviously. Many students were sad after they went to bulletin board and that's not helping because our nervousness increased.

Please log in to read the full chapter