My Light

Time Walking Through Memories

Sky that pours light

(I) stand under it

Fly as if I’m dreaming

My life is a beauty

My life is a beauty

 

Flower petals wilt

I had difficult times, but followed a small light

Distant day, let it go far, faraway

I fly splendidly

 

Sky that pours light

Renewed eyes (Renewed eyes)

Fly far away (Fly high, fly high)

Beauty that belongs only to me

 

Moment I close my eyes

Time stops

I rise again

 

“So, what do you think?”

“Give me your phone.” Jungsoo doesn’t wait for Taeyeon to hand it over as he is already leaning over to her side intent on having her phone to himself, though it would have already been in his possession if Taeyeon hadn’t let her usually slow reflexes take over.

“What for? Just tell it to me straight, was it any good or not?” Taeyeon pockets her phone and turns to face Jungsoo, an evident pout forming on her lips with the thought that he didn’t like the song. Of course he wouldn’t like it, I knew it those hours working on it wasn’t enough. Maybe I haven’t poured out as much emotions to singing it or maybe I invested so much into it—

“You’re doing it again.” Taeyeon hadn’t noticed Jungsoo had moved closer, her face feeling much warmer due to having her pout kissed away, despite the light breeze blowing every now and then as they sat at the park bench surrounded by enough greenery to act as cover.

“It was beautiful,” Jungsoo brings her hand towards his lips to kiss “so stop worrying your pretty little head. It was perfect, I loved it. Everyone will love it, I guarantee it.”

“Do you really think so?”

“I know so.” the smile he sends her way knocks the wind out of her, the sparkle in his eyes causes her heart to skip a few beats, the warmth that radiates from his gaze helps her let go of the thoughts that have been troubling her for the past days. With her debut due date fast approaching, Taeyeon still hasn’t adjusted to the short sleeping hours, constant travelling and the endless rehearsals and practices. And tonight has definitely been the best, though it wasn’t anything extravagant, all that mattered was that they get to spend time together.

Then a thought crosses Taeyeon’s mind, a thought that has gotten her all jittery and excited and a little embarrassed as this was probably the cheesiest thing she has ever done. “Oppa, I need you to close your eyes.”

“Ooh, a surprise? You’re not going to propose, right? I know you love me to the moon and back but—“

"Will you just shut up for once and do as I say? Please it's not that hard." Though her words were intended to bite, the blush blooming on her face makes Jungsoo want to chuckle heartily and coo at her for being so cute but he holds himself back.

Once she's sure that his eyes really are closed, Taeyeon quickly unlocks her phone and opens the gallery for one particular photo. She takes a few deep breathes to calm her rapidly beating heart, she then clears just to shake off the remaining jitters.

 

For a long time, in my heart,

Full of clouds, it rains

For warm sun to shine,

I sincerely hoped.

Raindrops that wet my shoulder,

When I dried, I alone,

Was so afraid that it would remain.

 

You are like a light, after the rain has passed,

You come up in my heart, like this.

 

Cause you are, the light that fell on me,

You are, like a beautiful dream,

With seven rays, the whole world,

Is dyed even more beautifully, always.

Yeah U R.

 

She looks at Jungsoo's serene face as she goes on with singing, luckily his eyes are still closed if it weren't he'd have tears in his eyes as well. Taeyeon hold back the giggle bubbling from when a memory flashes briefly into her mind of Jungsoo crying his eyes out when he found out his older sister was having a baby and that he would finally be an uncle. She’s never seen anyone cry so much in her life, yet she couldn’t tear her eyes away from his face. Although it was gleaming with tears and snot, his smile and the joy that was evident in his crescent moon eye smiles had her imagining what he’d be like if her were to find out that Taeyeon was to bear his first child. He’d make the best father. She nods to the thought, secretly anticipating for that day.

 

When I turn my head, at your smile,

Unknowingly, I reach my hand out, like this.

 

Cause you are, the light that fell on me,

You are, like a beautiful dream,

With seven rays, the whole world,

Is dyed even more beautifully, always.

Yeah U R.

 

When the rain that wets my windows stops,

Under the Rainbow, you must be waiting.

The stories I couldn’t say,

All of the secrets I couldn’t do,

I want to deliver it today

 

You are always beside me,

You are inside of my tender heart,

Even more shining and beautifully,

It fills the night sky,

You’re my star

Yeah U R, Oh U R

U R, Oh U R

 

Taeyeon finishes her song, her eyes never once leaving his face and she watches as he flutters his eyes open. Jungsoo wore an unreadable expression on his face, his eyes trained on nothing in particular in front of him and after a few seconds he chuckles softly to himself, wearing a teasing smile when he finally looks into her eyes.

"So,"

"So?"

"I'm your light, huh." Wiggling his eyebrows at her, as if the wide grin wasn’t enough he just had to rub it in further. I’d punch you if only you weren’t cute. She settles with an eyeroll instead.

"There's really no other answer to it than yes. No matter how else I look at it, it's still going to sound cheesy as fu-" Jungsoo leans forward and kisses her right on the lips, sighing at the feeling of having her lips against his after so long. He brings his right hand to cup Taeyeon's cheek, caressing it softly while his left hand rests on her lower back to pull her closer. Taeyeon tilts her head and melts into the kiss, fresh tears are streaming down her face cause only now does she realize how much she misses Jungsoo.

Jungsoo pulls away from Taeyeon’s lips and he rests his forehead against hers, his hand softly wiping away the tears running down her beautiful face. "You are the most wonderful person I have ever had the pleasure to meet and fall in love with.” He pecks her forehead and brings both his hands to cup her face, “And up until this day I could never thank God enough for bringing someone so special in my life. I love you Kim Taeyeon, so much. Never forget that."

"How could I? When even if we're miles and miles apart, your smile is all I see when I look up to the morning sun. Your warmth is all I feel when I go out into a brand new day. Your eyes are all I think about when the stars twinkle brightly in the night sky. And your love is all I have left when everything around me feels so empty. I love you more than anything else in this world, and if I were to go back to when we first met I would because I want to relive the day I fell so hard for you." Jungsoo places a lasting kiss on her lips once more, pulling away and wrapping both his arms securely around her. The couple spend the rest of the night in each other’s arms, hoping that this won’t be the last time they hold each other close.

 

 

 

 

When the rain that wets my windows stops,

Under the Rainbow, you must be waiting.

The stories I couldn’t say,

All of the secrets I couldn’t do,

I want to deliver it today

 

You are always beside me,

You are inside of my tender heart,

Even more shining and beautifully,

It fills the night sky,

You’re my star

Yeah U R, Oh U R

U R, Oh U R

 

Taeyeon pauses the player as the song ends, she removes her earphones and carefully arranges it as to not get tangled once she has placed it back into the box. Her vision gets blurry as tears continuously flow from her eyes, some of which have spilled on her journal. She carefully pats the droplets dry as to prevent distortion on the handwriting, all the while sniffling due to her clogged nose.

Once finished, she holds the journal close to her chest hoping it would dull the ache in her heart.

Taeyeon thought it wouldn't hurt as much if she read over the entries that reminded her of the good times they had, turns out even those could open wounds that were on the verge of healing. Who knew remembering could hurt this much? If this were to have happened months ago she would've turned to alcohol for help. But it's not months ago, this is happening now. She was now aware to the love and patience and perseverance the people around her are constantly pouring out to support her. Drinking would put all those efforts in vain. Taeyeon has already lost her heart, she didn't want to lose her mind as well.

So she closes her eyes, all the while clutching the journal close to her chest even tighter, as she imagines the sound of merry laughter from all the people that love her. She thinks of her manager's smile even after a long day of work. She thinks of Heechul's playful banter that is guaranteed to make her laugh until her stomach aches. She thinks of the smell of homecooked meals her mother makes whenever she steps into their home. She thinks of her father's soothing voice that cheered her on when she was on the verge of giving up. She thought of her brother's warm hugs and gentle caresses, comforting her when everything had fallen apart.

 

A smile has bloomed onto her face, followed by a soft chuckle as she feels her heart lighten. Then she looks down on the journal in her grasp and she is reminded of his sweet kisses and lasting hugs and his promises that he did nothing but keep. The tears in her eyes aren't sad ones yet they aren't entirely happy either. Baby steps, we’ll get there.