Chapter 1

If you're taken (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

She walked alone into her designated building after the opening orientation of the school principal. Step by step, she walked into the room of first year – class A. She took her seat by the window, not on the last row, but in the second row. Her reason was, she was too short for the last row and not so smart to be on the first row. If she was with her childhood friend, she would sit anywhere. But that’s not the case as her friend’s chasing her long time crush.

She rested her chin on her palm and looked into space on the window.

“Excuse me…” someone, disturbed her moment.

She looked into the source of the voice, “Hmm?”

The girl stretched her arms and offered a handshake, “Hi! I’m Kim Yerim” she cheerfully introduced herself.

She accepted her handshake, “ahm... I’m Son Chaeyoung.” She introduced herself as she smiled.

I didn’t know I’ll be able to make friends on the first day of school.

She was never the type to voluntary make friends. She’s too shy so she just can’t help but to wait for others to be friends with her.

 

-

 

It was a short break. Chaeyoung fished out her phone from her pocket and browsed on her social media accounts. She was silently busying herself on her seat when she heard someone squealed like a dolphin. She was startled and looked into the direction of the voice then every girl followed to squeal.

“San –sunbaenim!!!!”

“Momo-sunbaenim!!!”

“KYAAAA!!!!!!”

Momo? Isn’t that…

Chaeyoung sat up and tried to peek onto the other side of the window but unfortunately, due to her height, it’s not possible. Even tiptoeing is useless! She struggled herself being sandwiched by her fangirl classmates until she was able to see a glimpse of, unluckily, their backs.

She sighed as she closed her eyes. I thought I’ll be able to take a look of that Momo-ssi. The whole crowd was about to spread when they heard footsteps echoing in the corridor. They faced the way and saw another breathtaking figure.

“Min-sunbaenim!!!!!”

Chaeyoung’s curiosity led her to also look at him. He was handsome with his brown hair. He was calm and composed walking behind his friends and only looking forward – not like his other friends who faced them even just a second.

Girls in their school wore colored neckties according to their year level but guys were distinguished in their polo pockets. So what made her more look into him was, he buttoned his polo up to the highest button. Others would open just a button to breathe but he was not.

The shorty gazed at him until he showed his back. He looked like a prince.

 

-

 

“Hey Chaeng!”

“Oh hi!”

The childhood friends only saw each other on their way home. Their schedules don’t match, and so, it made more difficult for Chaeyoung to adapt being away from Dahyun.

“How’s first day cubby?” asked Dahyun tired.

Chaeyoung hummed in between scratches on her non-itchy nape and thinking about which she will share to her friend. The new friend? Momo’s back? The prince-like? “I made a friend.” She smiled showing her dimple.

Dahyun pinched her cheek, “aigoo! At last! How many?”

“Only one though.” Chaeyoung sighed. “I saw Momo-ssi”

“HUH?! WHERE?!” Dahyun asked with wide eyes.

“They passed by in our room. I only saw his back.”

Dahyun let out a long sigh, her friend patted her back. She never saw Momo the whole day even during lunch break. And even during club hours. On the other hand, the shorter one was in deep thoughts whether she should share her experience with the prince-like brown haired or not. This thoughts was just circling on her mind until they needed to part ways and it just stuck on her brain.

 

-

 

The days went off in a routine on Chaeyoung’s part. Going to school, studying, trying to make new friends, attending school club activities and going home with Dahyun if they have time. If lucky, this routine would include of her gawking over the prince-like sunbae who passes by their classroom. Just like now.

“He really is good looking.” Chaeyoung whispered while her gaze follows the young man.

“Yeah he really is.” Chaeyoung jerked at the dreamy statement of her friend. “But I like Momo-sunbae more.” Yeri confessed with her sparkling eyes and own hands clasped.

 

-

 

“CHAEYOUNG-AH!!!!!” Dahyun yelled as she barged into the lair of the sleeping beast. “WAKE UP!!!” she yelled again as she shook the body of the cub who was sleeping peacefully before now wearing a frown on her cute face.

“Five minutes more~” she demanded as she dumped her face on her pillow.

“No Chaengie. This is important!”

As the beast finally opened her eyes, she glared unto her friend when she saw her flashing her cheeky grin. “Ugh. What is?”

“Listen.” Dahyun excitedly started.

“I am.” Nonchalantly replied with half closed eyelids.

Her friend just rolled her eyes and continued, “I’m going to show myself to Momo on the incoming school ball!”

Huh? What ball

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter