Seungcheol : The Basketball Confession

Seventeen's Collections

Your POV

The school's session for today has ended. I turned around but Seungcheol has already gone.

"Wow, he's fast."

I knew where did he dissapear to. He must've gone to the basketball court. That guy is a basketball freak, you know...

"[Y/N]-ah~"

Wonwoo stood by my desk and looked at me with a smile. "Yo, Jeon Wonwoo!"

"Wanna join me at the library today?"

Library? That's quite tempting. If Seungcheol's a basketball freak, then I'm a book maniac!

"Sure!"

"Great! Let's go together."

"Wait. I need to keep my things in the locker." I got up from my sit and walked to the lockers at the back of the classroom.

I stood in front of my locker to find a blue post-it note sticked on the door. "Eh?"

Meet me at the basketball court after the last period. I'm waiting for you.
-Cheol-

"What is this?" I muttered to myself.
"What's wrong [Y/N] ?" Wonwoo came closer to me and read the note that I got from Seungcheol.

"Seungcheol wanna meet you at the basketball court now?"

"But I've promised to go to the library with you..." I looked at him with a guilty face.

He shook his head. "No, it's okay. You can go. I bet he's waiting for you now."

"But, Wonwoo-yaa..." I'm still hesitating. Wonwoo smiled assuringly to me.

"I said I'm okay [Y/N]. Besides, I just remembered that I've something important to do right now, so I won't be able to go to the library today."

"Really?" I asked again for confirmation. He nodded. "Yup."

"Okay then."

"If that so, I guess I should be leaving now. [Y/N], I'm going first!"

"Okay~~"

"Have fun!"

I laughed. "What do you mean by that? Hahahaha!"

He also burst into laughter. He then waved a goodbye to me before leaving the classroom.

I read the post-it note for the second time. A smile formed on my lips.

"I better get going now, or else I'll get a nagging from him."

I put all the necessary things in my locker, locked it and then, started to walk to the basketball court to meet my best friend, Choi Seungcheol.

 

***********************

 

Seungcheol bounced the ball in his hand repeatedly before he jumped and made a shot. The ball successfully got into the net. Another score for Choi Seungcheol.

The ball rolled to his feet and he picked it up. He took a glance to the watch at his right wrist and glanced to the gym's main door.

"Did she get my note or not?"

Suddenly, the door was burst opened and a girl appeared. She ran to Seungcheol and stopped in front of him while panting heavily.

"Sorry, I'm late!"

"Yah, [Y/N]! You ran all the way to here?" He asked while patting her back. She nodded.

"Yes. Why?"

"Nothing. That's quite impressive tho. I mean, you're not the athletic type. You should really joined the track team [Y/N]-ah!"

"Wait. Are you dissing me right now?" She stood up straight and folded her arms while looking at Seungcheol with an i-can't-believe-this-guy face.

"Hahahah aigoo my chingu [Y/N]! I'm just kidding. Sorry." He replied and patted [Y/N]'s head.

"Geez...."

Seungcheol laughed again. He then continued to bounce the ball and shot it into the net. Perfect shot! [Y/N] just watched his action at her spot. She's already used to this side of Seungcheol.

"Wanna try to shoot?" Seungcheol offered the ball to [Y/N].

[Y/N] shook her head, refusing his offer. "Nahh, I'm good."

"Just try it once."

"Thank you but never mind."

"Aishh, [Y/N]-ah~~"

"What??"

"Tchh. You are no fun."

He continued to shoot the ball.

"Fine! Give me the ball." [Y/N] finally agreed to play. She hated people calling her no fun. She is fun okay!

Seungcheol smirked upon hearing that. He knew it that [Y/N] didn't like that title, that's why he used it on her.

He handed the ball to [Y/N]. She took it from her and looked at the ball with an unknown expression.

"So, how do I play this?" She scratched her non-itchy head.

"Let me help you."

Seungcheol stood behind [Y/N] with him facing her back. He then reached her hands and taught her on how to hold the ball properly.

The distance between them was so close that [Y/N] could smell the scent of his cologne. She could feel her heart was beating rapidly and her face was getting red. Luckily, she's facing the other way, so Seungcheol couldn't see her blushed.

Little did she know that Seungcheol's also experiencing the same way as her.

"You must stand in the right position..." Seungcheol taught [Y/N] the basic technique.

"....Aim to the box at the board. That way your ball will enter the net accurately. Understand?"

He moved his face a little bit to look at [Y/N]. At the same time, [Y/N] also turned to face him. It happened too fast and now their faces were only inches closer to each other.

They could feel their breathes on each other faces.

"Yah!" [Y/N] pushed Seungcheol away from her. Her heart was definitely going to explode if they stayed in the same position for a longer time. She fanned her face to chase away the accumulating undefined feelings that was slowly invading her heart at that moment.

Seungcheol fell on his on the gym's floor. "Ouchh, that's hurt!!!!"

"Serve you right! Who told you to stand so close to me?!"

"I just want to teach you how to play!"

"Then, teach me. That's definitely not a teaching you did earlier." [Y/N] glared at him.

"Why are you getting angry at me?" Seungcheol asked her back.

"I don't know!"

"Geez, this girl got temper..."

"What did you say?"

"Nothing. Hey, let's stop fighting shall we? Proceed with the shoot, [Y/N]-ah."

"Fine."

[Y/N] attempted her first shoot while applying all the tips that have been taught by Seungcheol just now. Unfortunately, the ball didn't make it into the net. Instead, it hit the net's ring and bounced away.

"Wow, that's embarrassing."
[Y/N] said to Seungcheol with a sheepish smile.

"Hahahaha! It's quite impressive for a first try tho. You should practice more. I'm pretty confident you will make it after a few shoots."

[Y/N] nodded.She then continued to attempt the shoot for a couple of times. Finally, after the sixth attempt, she made it. Her first successful shoot.

[Y/N] was so happy that she immediately ran towards Seungcheol and held his arm while jumping happily.

"Cheol-ah, did you see that? I made it!"

"Hahaha I told you before. Congrats [Y/N]!"

"Wow, that was amazing! I don't know that I will feel like this. So, this is the reason why you love to play basketball so much. Daebak!"

Seungcheol stared at [Y/N] with a mixed feelings.

'Oh my heart, why are you beating so fast?'

"Cheol-ah, I want to do another shoot."

[Y/N] picked up the ball on the floor and positioned herself for another attempt. However, she didn't make it when suddenly Seungcheol grabbed her wrist and spun her around facing him. The ball in her hands fell on the floor and rolled away.

Seungcheol pulled [Y/N] closer to him.
"Did you remember the first time we met?" Seungcheol asked her.

"What's with the sudden question? Yah Choice Seungcheol, let me go." [Y/N] tried to break free from his grip but she failed. His grip was too strong.

"We met on the first day of high school, remember?"

[Y/N]'s gaze was fixed on his face. "Of course I remember. You talked to me first."

"Yeah. At that time, you're with your big round glasses and your nerdy image."

[Y/N] scoffed at the sudden diss. "Heol, you don't have to mention that!"

"But still, you look beautiful back then."

That sentence made [Y/N]'s heart skipped a beat.

"And you still look beautiful today."
[Y/N] started to blush. She looked downward, tried not to meet Seungcheol's eyes.

"And I can't help but fall for you."

This time, [Y/N] looked up, facing Seungcheol. She was very shock with the sudden confession that she didn't know how to react. Her hands were trembling, she felt like she will fainted for real.

"Cheol-ah..."

"I've like you since the first time we talked, [Y/N]...."

"....and I know you feel the same way too."

That last words caught [Y/N] off guard. It's true. [Y/N] indeed felt the same way like him. Well who doesn't?

Seungcheol was perfect. He's good looking. He's very kind. He can be very weird but at the same time he can be very serious. He's a good leader.

He's perfect.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Seungcheol asked her with a hopeful face.

[Y/N] took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She's feeling nervous and she knew Seungcheol also was very nervous right now.

"[Y/N]...."

"Choi Seungcheol...."

Seungcheol was trying to say something but [Y/N] interrupted him. 
[Y/N] looked at him with a shy smile. "I'd be honoured...to be your girlfriend."

The moment she said that, Seungcheol automatically grinned widely. He's feeling very happy that he immediately jumped around like a little kid getting sweets. [Y/N] giggled upon seeing his reaction.

Seungcheol then pulled [Y/N] into a hug. He patted [Y/N] lovingly.

"Saranghae." He whispered to her. [Y/N] blushed. She buried her face into his shoulder.

"Me too." She replied, shyly.

MANSAEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Suddenly, all of the Seventeen members (the basketball team)  appeared out of nowhere and shouted Mansae happily. They all walked closer to the couple and began to throw confettis everywhere.

"Finally...."

"Seungcheol confessed!" Dokyeom shouted like a girl. He was so excited.

"The birth of a couple yo!" Hoshi then continued.

"The basketball couple!" 
Seungkwan did a high five with Vernon.

"Congratulations guys!" Wonwoo and Mingyu said in unison the now blushing couple. They were holding each other hands.

"Aww, look at that! They are holding hand!" Jeonghan teased them a dreamy face.The rest laughed along the tease.

"Yahh, stop it already guys!" Seungcheol glared at them playfully.

"Hahahahaha! Mansae!"

Seungcheol and [Y/N] faced each other and smile. "Mansae!"