10 - You make it hard

Wanted

This chapter wasn't beta read.

Could be so easy, you make it hard
Don't think about it all too much
My love is gonna be enough

 

With the woman’s help, Jonghyun managed to enter the store through the back door. The room was in darkness, the only light coming from the fire exit sign above the door. He softly placed her down for one minute while he a small lamp in the tiny room that lead to the store. They both blinked their eyes and Jonghyun saw her observe her surroundings. That tiny room lead to the bathroom used by the staff and clients, to the stairs that ended at the workshop on the basement and to the stairs that went up to the first floor where the girls lived. After he moved in with Nari and even though she had two free rooms and was the solo owner of the whole building he decided to sleep in the room beside the workshop. It was weird to sleep in the room next to Nari. People already thought they were in a relationship or made up bad rumors about her so he decided it was better that way. However lately the old stuffy room was getting too overwhelming for him and Nari was close to convincing him to move upstairs. He felt bad that he was going to sleep in the room that once belonged to her parents but Nari always said that it was only a room and she seemed alright with it. And now that he was bringing a girl home for the first time in years it was weird to show her that tiny awful room where he slept. Not that he was going to show it to her when they barely knew each other, but he could always wonder if he had to.

“What is upstairs?” The woman asked pointing at the stairs that lead to the first floor.

“Where my roommates' sleep.” He cleared his throat and before he realized he was blabbering “I live with two women.”

He saw his muse frown and almost step back when he tried to grab her again to go downstairs to the workshop.

“You have two wives?”

“No.” He laughed it off but his cheeks were all red “No. One is like my sister and the other is her best friend. I sleep downstairs. It's nothing like that.” The woman seemed to accept his explanation but still looked at him a little suspicious when he helped her down. It was probably better if he didn't try to piggyback her again.

Jonghyun helped her to sit beside the table where Nari made her candles and then started gluing her heel.

“It’s only a temporary fix.” He informed her “You need to get it fixed at a shoe repair store.”

She nodded looking around the workshop at the several recently prepared candles, the molds and big containers of wax. But the most impressive thing was the big shelf with several transparent bottles with liquids.

“Oh…” Jonghyun followed her gaze while he held her heel waiting for it to dry. “Those are fragrance oils. Nari - my friend - she uses them to make the scented candles.”

“I’ve never thought about the number of things you need to prepare a single candle.”

“That shelf is the main reason I like to sleep here. The mix of scents inspires me to write. It was always like that since I was a kid, scents fascinate me. When I decided to be a writer, things didn't go well at first and I found myself losing focus. That was until I met the owner of a small candle store. They were all handmade and it was so impressive to me to see him work.” Jonghyun smiled softly admiring the big shelves filled with big bottles all labeled by Nari’s parents and herself.

“That's how you came to live here?” The woman asked.

“More or less. I came almost every day to see him work and when he died I asked his daughter If I could live here as a tenant. That way I could see her work and at the same time, I could help her. She didn't have any close family members. She was left all alone, that's why she is like a sister to me.”

“So you are a writer…” She remarked watching him curious making Jonghyun blush softly. “That reminds me…” She opened her purse to search for his notebook inside but Jonghyun’s small cry of contentment made her stop.

“It worked!” He showed her shoe that was perfectly glued now and rotated it for her to see how it looked.

“Wow, it's impressive! It's as if nothing happened to it!"

Jonghyun chuckled remembering the several times he saw Nari fix her old shoes and even accessories with that glue. When you don't have much money you need to be creative.

“Thank you so much!” The woman smiled brightly at Jonghyun and he cleaned his throat trying to resist her beauty and kneeled in front of her on the floor. Without looking at her blinding smile he grabbed her foot gently and placed the heel on it as if she was Cinderella.

She didn't say anything so he dared to look up at her face. His muse was watching him with a blank expression now and he grabbed the other heel and placed it on her foot also.

“Once again, thank you.” She stood up and he did too, realizing how he was shorter than her when she was wearing her heels. That was awkward and he stepped back so it wouldn't be as noticeable but his muse covered her lips and laughed to herself.

The sound of a male’s voice coming from upstairs catching both their attention. The woman blinked her eyes and Jonghyun frowned.

“I can't believe she invited that idiot.” Jonghyun mumbled but the woman heard him. “It’s my roommate's boyfriend.”

“Oh.”

“That chicken lover playboy from hell…”

His muse laughed again and Jonghyun joined her. “It seems like you don't like him much.” without waiting for an answer she grabbed her purse and offered him her hand for him to shake. “It was nice meeting you again and thank you for saving me.”

“I’m sorry that I couldn't catch the thief.”

“It’s alright.” She looked around the room and then her eyes fell on his hand holding hers almost as if he was afraid to touch her. His touch was surprisingly soft when he looked so manly. Their eyes met again and Jonghyun moved his lips finding words to say. He didn't want her to leave yet, if he could he wanted to extend that moment forever. The sound of Jinki laughing broke the magic because the woman frowned and looked at the ceiling. Damn Jonghyun hated the smiling bunny idiot so much.

“Goodbye.” The muse released his hand and then climbed up the stairs after giving him a last smile that was a mere copy of the one she offered him before. Jonghyun followed after her but she didn't stop and like the prince following after Cinderella he watched her from the door while she walked quickly away. She didn't leave her shoe behind like on the fairytale and much to his dismay she didn't tell him her name either.

The voice of Jinki coming from upstairs made Jonghyun frown. It was all his fault!

 

 

“Are you sure you don't want a ride?” Sora’s sunbae offered but she bowed again and denied the offer.

“I will call for a taxi.” She waited for her sunbae to leave and then walked down the street gaining time. Like she suspected a text from Taemin came and he wanted to give her a ride without their coworkers knowing. She waited by the empty bus stop and soon a red sports car stopped in front of it. She rolled her eyes not surprised to see yet another one of his expensive cars and then entered it.

He drove off without a word after she placed her seatbelt on.

“Where do you want me to take you?” he asked after a while and she bit her lower lip remembering his expression of pleasure only one hour before.

“My place?” He looked at her amused and she looked away knowing that he was probably wondering if that meant that he was invited up to her bedroom or if she was saying that she only wanted a ride home. She peeked at him admiring his profile just like she did at the restaurant when he gently grabbed her hand under the table. The same small and yet masculine hands that were now on the steering wheel of the car were the same ones that grabbed her glass to drink her share of soju when she lost the following games. Every woman at the table was so jealous of her not only because he was acting like a gentleman towards her but also because they were indirect kissing. Women sometimes were silly like that. Sora wondered if she also would care about that if they never kissed before.

“You and me…” She added noticing how the grip of his hands on the wheel increased.

“We are always going to your place.” He remarked.

“Your place then?” Then it dawned on her that he lived with his parents. The idea of going there to have right under their nose amused her and somehow made her . So she was that kind of person?! It scared her how Jonghyun’s predictions sometimes became true. Sora was quickly descending into a darkness she didn't know she had. “Your daddy’s house, on the prodigy son bed?!” She said with piercing sarcasm.

Her words made him flinch almost imperceptibly and he pursed his lips not amused with her joke. “ No.”

She crossed her arms in front of her chest wondering if that was the end of their night then. She ruined the possibility of ending it on his arms and yet she didn't regret it. Remembering his origins left a bad taste on .

“There is another place.” Taemin offered clearly not wanting to let that chance to be with her go.

She stared at him. “A place?”

“Yes…” he blinked his eyes as if only mentioning it made him nervous and Sora watched him curiously. He noticed her gaze on his and looked uncomfortable, almost vulnerable and she felt her heart soften.

“What kind of place is it?”

Taemin didn't say anything, gripping the steering wheel as if he didn't want to let it go.

“We can go to my place.” Sora offered again “My roommates won't bother us if you are worried about that…”

“There is this apartment that belongs to someone I trust. It’s empty and is not used in a while.” he said firmly not living an opening for discussion. She knew that she could say no and end her night on her bed alone or she could accept and have with him in that house that seemed to make him uneasy.

Sora knew what she had to do. She wanted to find out the most she could about him and that was a chance, besides the was amazing.

“Alright.” She smiled to herself and mumbled her consent as if she didn't truly care, as if a night with him meant nothing to her.

 

Nari’s first impulse was to grab the laptop from Jinki’s hands and close it. The sound of the woman’s moans on the video terminated abruptly and she hugged the laptop against her chest as if muffling it with her arms. Jinki fell back on her bed roaring with laughter not only because of the silly situation but also because of Nari’s horrified expression.

Nari watched him transfixed and Jinki made an effort to sit back up and control his laughter even though he was near tears. The more he found out about her the more she became interesting. He did hook up with girls before that watched but that was something new and surprising and her unsettling embarrassed expression was adorable. He cleaned his eyes with the sleeve of his sweater and took a deep breath calming himself down.

“You are very surprising!”

“I-I am?” her voice trembled and he almost felt sorry for laughing so much.

“Yes. Every time I think that I have figured you out, you go and surprise me.” He cleared his throat and rubbed his tummy that hurt a little because of how much he laughed “And here I thought that you were like an innocent !”

She raised one of her hands to her lips and hesitated before speaking “But I am.”

Jinki sniffled and his expression hardened. “A ?” That he didn't expect. She told him she had her share of boyfriend and he always thought she was more experienced but was only being careful with him and wanting to go slow. Now her hesitation made all sense to him. She was a ?! That meant she was never with a man, and that also meant that she probably had very romantic ideas about her first time. It probably needed to be perfect and with someone she liked. It meant that if she dreamed that he only wanted a fling with her she wouldn't sleep with him. Jinki swallowed hard once again taking the role of the of that story. He was the guy that would sleep with her and leave, the one that would take her ity and flee from the crime scene breaking her heart. Could he do that?!

Maybe he was seeing that wrong. He was a nice guy and just because they didn't stay together it didn't mean that she wouldn't have a good memory of the time she had with him. He could be that guy to her, the nice oppa that showed her the wonders of , he could be romantic, he could be sweet and gentle and give her an awesome first experience. If love was out of the picture, he could give her the rest. Hell, he could sell her the illusion of love and eventually she would find another guy and even thank him for being a sweetheart to her. After all, she liked him right? Was he still an if he let her spent a night with him?!

He was probably acting weird, taking his time debating that to himself because Nari stepped back and placed her laptop safely over her desk. Jinki watched her uncomfortable because even though her room wasn't big, seeing her a few steps away from him, her back to him was as if she was parting and that bothered him.

“Nari?” He stood up just when she turned around her cheeks completely red now that the initial shock was gone. Jinki grabbed her hand and then pulled her easily to the bed. She was so fragile and so vulnerable to him that he softened his hold on her afraid to hurt her. She widened her eyes when he pushed her down into the bed climbing over her, careful to not pin her down with his body. Jinki never had a small body but he seemed double the size of her now that she was under him like a scared little bird. He grabbed her wrists and pulled her arms over her head which made the size of her eyes double. He gently released her wrists allowing her to push him away if she wanted but she didn't even move as if his hands were still holding her.

“Are you scared?” he asked afraid that he was taking that too far but she moved her head negatively and he smirked letting his body fall over her, his legs in the middle of hers. She swallowed hard and he used one arm to support his weight while he used the other to caress her cheek and down to her jawline.

“So you watch ?” His voice was husky not because he wanted to but because even though he was playing with her and testing her limits as an inexperienced girl, but because that was actually turning him on. She was so close, half her body pressed against his and he could see her moving with every accelerated breath of hers, not to mention how wonderful she smelled. He had no idea if it was because she spent part of her day working with scented candles but he never once was with a woman that smelled as she did. It was extremely arousing and he loved it. He desperately wanted to get her and smell her but everything had its time.

“I don't watch .” She defended herself and he moved his index finger to her lips caressing her lower lip while she spoke. He saw her wrinkle her nose and he poked it as a sign to not sneeze on him. Nari blinked her eyes as if she was trying to focus on what she wanted to say and he chuckled. “It’s not …” His prey repeated “It’s romantic. They love each other.” She blushed again and Jinki frowned. He was right, she probably fantasized about her first time so many times before.

“They love each other? Are you sure it's not only ?” It could be only if she wanted. That was all he wanted.

“Well, the actors don't.” She moved her hands down to the side of her head “But the characters do love each other. It’s like reading a story or watching a love movie that shows a couple making love.” She could barely look at him in the eyes while she spoke, her eyes falling on his Adam's apple instead. He once had a girlfriend that was so fixated on his Adam's apple to the point that she would spend long minutes kissing it during . He knew that it was attractive to many girls and it seemed to have some effect on Nari too.

“So that's what you think that making love is?” his question and the way he brushed her hair away from her neck made her eyes found his again.

“Well, I don't know...maybe.” She bit her lower lip and it took Jinki a few seconds to recover his auto control. For a clueless girl, she knew exactly what to do to make him aroused. “Tell me…”

Her request was almost inaudible and it surprised Jinki, his fingers halting on its way to her neck, his body falling more over hers. Nari’s hands moved beside her head and she looked away and back at him wondering if she said something wrong. He almost could see her brain working and quicker than Nari he recovered his train of thoughts.

“I’m not sure I know.” he said leaning closer to her lips making Nari’s eyes fall on his mouth. “Because if it was about ...carnal...intense….rough , then…”

Nari parted her lips and released a small sigh that made Jinki almost lose all his strength on his body. He wanted to kiss her but it was too early to end that game. Instead, he caressed her neck and pulled her by the back of her head up closer to him. Nari gasped parting her lips to accept his but he didn't kiss her yet.

“That I can show you but love, well love is a bit harder to show. It involves more than your body.” About love, he didn't know much about.

“I know.” She said eyeing him. a small smile escaping her lips “It involves your heart.” She seemed so proud of her answer that he couldn't resist any longer and kissed her. Slowly he released her head and she fell back into the bed with him over her, kissing her more intensely. His hands grabbed her wrists again holding her in place as if it was needed but Nari struggled and instead wrapped her arms around his neck making Jinki groan against her lips. She was such a dense and dangerous girl, pressing herself against him in such a way that was turning him on. He rolled with her on the bed not breaking the kiss and she giggled against his lips when she end up on top of him. Jinki held her by her waist knowing that he was closer to break all her defenses. Maybe her first time would come sooner than she thought. He groaned of pleasure moving his hands up to her back and to her sides. She giggled a little when he touched her under her arms and he easily grabbed her and laid her by his side again. Nari’s passionate eyes made him hesitate but he couldn't stop now and kissed her again, climbing on top of her, his hands moving to her s over her clothes. She whimpered and he made an effort to caress her gently and control himself. He broke the kiss and admired the way she looked at him half embarrassed, half aroused. He moved his hands over her s and down to her waist and to her hips. The way she was looking made him nervous and he couldn't stop thinking about how she was hoping for more from that night. Maybe if he didn't see the way she looked at him he could do it and the best way to make her close her eyes was kissing her. Jinki’s lips crashed into hers again and she wrapped her arms around his neck accepting it. Jinki relaxed against her and mimicking what the man did in the movie she had on her laptop. He sneaked a hand under her skirt and over her leggings. She moved under him but didn't stop him still kissing him back so Jinki moved his hand between her legs and caressed, feeling her where he wanted to touch her the most. Nari flinched under him and before he had time to pull her leggings down she placed her hands on his chest and pushed him away.

He sat back on the bed and she quickly moved from under him and backed further away in the bed. Both stared at each other with red lips and breathing heavenly.

“I’m sorry.” She touched her hot cheeks “I'm not sure if we should do this yet. I mean, it's our first date.”

RIght. A romantic girl probably wouldn't do it on the first date. “I went too fast. I’m sorry.” He swallowed hard “But you make me lose control.”

“I do?”

“Yeah.” he laughed running a hand on his hair a little embarrassed with the way he let his body take control like that. Its been a while since he desired a woman that much.

Usualy women loved when he said that but Nari frowned not seeming happy at all.

“Why? What's wrong?” Wasn't it good that he was attracted to her?

“Guys always say that when they want to have with a woman.”

“They do?” Did he say that before to the women he slept with?! He wasn't sure he did. Usualy he didn't need to make a big effort. Money, success, a name was often only what he needed to get laid. Sadly that was the truth. And if they didn't know who he was, he always had his attractive appearance to help. Jinki laughed because for a girl that was apparently inexperienced she had many ideas about how the male mind worked.

Nari pouted not finding that amused and moved to the side of the bed away from him.

“Nari…” he kneeled over the bed and joined her sitting by her side. To his relief, she didn't move away from him and both stayed side by side as if they were only too innocent teenagers talking. “Nari?”

He leaned forward peeking at her face and she looked away cutely making him smile. Her puckered lips were very tempting but he controlled himself and instead grabbed her hair pulling it away from her face. She bit her lower lip and faced him bravely this time as if she was challenging him to say he was different and didn't say that to only have with her. Jinki watched her breathless his fingers releasing her hair as if he realized that he wasn't still worth of touching her.

His money, name or success meant nothing to Nari and in her eyes, he was more than what he was on the outside. His heart beat faster and he couldn't help but remember how his grandmother always told him that he should marry the first girl he met that would see through his fake smiles, the one that would always question everything he said that pushed him out of his comfort zone, basically the one that made him insanely frustrated and yet he couldn't let go of her. Of course, that woman wasn't Nari. Of course, his grandma was only trying to be funny and that made no sense.

“Guys lie all the time.” She said reading his eyes for a proof that he was one of them and he swallowed hard not because he was nervous that she could see him lying but because he wasn't lying. He meant it and he didn't say it to have with her or woo her. He meant every word of it. She made him go insane and it wasn't only physically. She pestered him to stop smoking, she made him start to watch dramas with her and play silly games and he enjoyed it, eventually, he started a relationship with her and now...now he couldn't bear to see her walk away from his side. What was happening to him? She was manipulating him for sure. Jinki almost stood up and ran away from her. It scared him how she made him fall more and more into her but…his eyes fell on her hands over her lap and how she moved them nervously against each other. There was nothing about Nari that was manipulative and he was an idiot. He had all the control in that relationship and that moment of panic was just a sign that he needed to rest more and be with her less time. Yes, that was it. He was stressed and ually frustrated and being around her wasn't helping.

“Guys lie all the time!?” He repeated, one side of his mouth raising as if her comment was amusing to him. “Who told you that you made him lose control?” He turned to her “Your ex-boyfriend?”

Nari lack of an answer was a big yes and Jinki nodded his head smiling. And he thought that that idiot was able to manipulate someone!

“I don't want to talk about it!” she answered after a while moving to stand up but Jinki pulled her back to the bed making her sit beside him. He kissed her cheek sweetly and she blinked her eyes her heart fluttering. “It's alright. I will wait.”

“It's not like I don't want to tell you or can't. It's just not important and humiliating!”

“I didn't mean about your ex-boyfriend.” he moved his head in the direction of the bed behind them and Nari stared at it for a brief second before looking back at Jinki.

She clearly got the message and Jinki leaned forward kissing her lips softly. Before it got more intense he stood up.

“I should go now.” He took a deep breath and moved to the door of the bedroom. She followed after him and he turned around and blinked an eye at her “I should go before I lose control!”

She nodded weakly and he grabbed her hand knowing that she liked it. “Will you take me to the door?”

His most beautiful gentleman like smile made her smile back and Jinki knew he took control of the game again. He didn't sleep with her yet but he would get there eventually and he was going to be the most romantic man ever. She wouldn't regret it and he wouldn't feel guilty about it.

“Of course.”

She guided him downstairs talking about the drama she was going to watch once he left and both chuckled feeling less heavier than before now that the was out of the picture.

The couple stopped by the door and Jinki leaned in to get a goodbye kiss from Nari but a man coughing made the couple separate.

Jonghyun was watching them like a hawk, his arms crossed in front of his chest, while he stared angrily at Jinki as if he did something horrible to him.

Jinki blinked his eyes a little taken aback wondering what awful thing he did. Did Jonghyun perhaps listen to their conversation? Did he spy on them? Jinki swallowed hard and squeezed Nari’s hand instead of kissing her. She frowned at Jonghyun upset and then kissed Jinki cheek before he left. He smiled at her and swiftly ran back to his parked car before Jonghyun went after him.

 

Sora stepped into the spacious and mysterious apartment. Taemin had the light and was motionless in the middle of the room right beside a very expensive looking grey couch decorated with dark red pillows. In front of it was a wide huge window with a view to the city and in the right a small open kitchen. To the left, Sora could see at least two bedrooms and one bathroom.

“Are you thirsty?” Taemin asked making small talk and she didn't answer letting him take his own conclusions “I’ll fetch you a glass of water.”

Even though that didn't seem to be Taemin’s apartment he knew exactly where the glasses were and poured some water for her. Sora drank her water, both standing in silence. She finished it and placed the glass on the sink beside him. Even though they weren't touching each other and even though he seemed distracted and conflicted she couldn't deny there was an attraction between them.

“Where is the bedroom?” Sora asked and he seemed to gather his thoughts and asked her to follow him. Taemin hesitated between the two rooms and then entered the bigger one followed by her. A huge bed filled it, a big abstract colorful painting was over it and Sora frowned not getting the appeal of it.

Taemin walked around the bed and sat on it facing the window. Sora took out her stockings and stretched lazily. The alcohol was slowly losing its power over her and she felt more alert now. With it also came the desire to have with him and this time take the initiative getting her revenge from what happened in the bathroom even if it was her fault. She started ing her blouse but stopped when she realized Taemin wasn't getting or even noticing her actions. She untucked her blouse from her skirt and then sat beside him on the bed.

“Something wrong?”

He swallowed hard and looked at her, his dark eyes a little wet. “I can't do it!”

She stared at him and down at his crotch. He was always in the mood so that was strange.

“No…” He shook his head “No I don't mean that I can't have . I can, I just…” He rubbed his eyes and she wondered if he was going to cry “I just can't do it here.”

“Oh.” she ran her fingers on her open blouse wondering if she should button it up.

“It’s....it’s my brother's bed.”

Sora didn't know what to say but now his behavior made much more sense. That spoiled, rich playboy wasn't as selfish as he seemed most of the times and now that she was spending more time with him she knew he had a heart and clearly his brother was one of his biggest weaknesses. Even though she should celebrate that she was a step closer to find a way to hurt him she didn't feel like celebrating, she actually felt sorry for him.

“This apartment belongs to my brother. It’s been closed ever since…” He sighed “I just can't do it here,” He touched the bed as if to highlight his words.

“Why did you bring me here then?” Sora asked without a hint of annoyance, she was actually curious.

“I don't know!” he answered confused his eyes wandering to the window and the lights outside. “ I used to stay here with him sometimes when I fought with our dad. I feel safe here or used to. Now it’s just…”

She knew the feeling well, that lack of something that is there and isn't at the same time. “Empty.”

He nodded and then chuckled as if he just told her a joke “You came here to have with me and instead I'm treating you as my therapist. I’m sorry.”

“It's fine. We can talk.” It annoyed her that they seemed to be able to open up with each other but if she wanted to gain his trust she needed him to talk with her. Besides, she couldn't deny that she was curious.

Taemin the bed and she could see the way the mood changed immediately as soon as his eyes found hers “I didn't come here with you to talk.”

“No?”

He leaned slowly and she waited for the right moment that his lips found hers to close her eyes. It was a short kiss but enough to reignite the passion. “No, I like talking with you but right now I want to kiss you and hold you and you.”

Her lips parted into a smile “Seems good to me but you just said…”

“The other room, it was my room. The view outside is not as beautiful as it is in this side but…” He placed his hands under her blouse and moved them to her skin, caressing her up to her s “I will be looking at something way more interesting.”

Sora smiled hiding her true thoughts to him. She wasn't sure if having with him at that moment after his emotional small outburst meant that she was either wrong about him and he was indeed an trying to act like a man with a heart to seduce her or if Taemin intended to get lost in her body so he wouldn't be able to think.

“Let's go then.” She stood up and grabbed his hand pulling him with her. Either way, she also wanted to have with him so it didn't matter. “Time to get into bed then.”

He smiled back at her but she noticed how he hesitated to eye the bed one last time as if he could actually see his brother sleeping there.

Sora bit her lower lip and squeezed his hand harder. No, Taemin did have a heart.

 

Nari moved her feet cutely and used the transparent doors of the company that belonged to Jinki to check herself. She was wearing a denim dress over a white shirt, high knee socks, and sneakers. Her hair was caught on a bun and adorned with a cute stair hairpin. In her point of view, she looked very presentable. She even took extra time doing her makeup. Nari smiled proudly and played with the straps of the paper bag she was holding containing the clothes Jinki lend to her when it rained and they had their first kiss. Just remembering it made her cheeks feel hot and she tried to calm herself down.

Even though she was dating the CEO of the company they didn't let her enter to greet him, she couldn't even convince them to call Jinki - she was embarrassed to say she was his girlfriend so introduced herself as a friend. Nari also tried several times to call him on his handphone but no answer yet. He was probably on a meeting and couldn't answer so Nari waited patiently knowing that since it was lunchtime he would have to come out eventually and then they could eat together, she was already starting to get hungry too.

After she wandered around the main lobby for a while eventually Jinki came out accompanied by an older man, both wearing suits. She gasped filling her eyes with the vision that was her boyfriend wearing a suit. Usualy he would dress really elegantly and well but she didn't saw him in a suit regularly and it was a vision to remember for sure.

Hiding her fluttering feelings but barely she approached them admiring the way Jinki politely smiled at the man that accompanied him.

As soon as he saw her his smile faded and she quickly joined both men greeting them with a polite educated bow.

“I’m really sorry for coming without warning but I tried to call you.”

“Ah...I was busy.” Jinki answered seeming a little uncomfortable.

“Who is this beautiful young lady?” The man beside Jinki asked “Perhaps your sister?”

“Ah no, I’m not. I’m his…”

“Friend!” Jinki answered promptly “She is a friend of mine. This is Mr. Han.”

“It's nice to meet you.” Nari raised her bag and offered it to Jinki. “The clothes you lend to me.” She smiled shyly and he grabbed the bag with a blank expression.

“Ah.”

“Thank you once again and I washed them.” She pointed out smiling brightly making Mr.Han smile too while he watched them curiously.

“You didn't have to but thank you.” Jinki rubbed his ear that was a bit red and explained to the older man beside him “My friend was caught in the rain so I lend her some clothes.”

“That was nice of you, to rescue a lady.”

“He is a gentleman!” Nari praised Jinki “Also I was hoping to…” She hesitated but eventually end up saying it since she wasn't sure if she would get another chance “I was hoping that we could have lunch together.”

“We were just now going to have lunch.” Jinki explained and she nodded a little disappointed.

“We can have lunch all together.” Mr.Han suggested “If you don't mind hearing us talk about work.”

“Oh, I don't at all….” Nari answered but Jinki stepped forward cutting her view from Mr.Han “Can you give us just a few seconds?!”

He grabbed her gently by her elbow and pulled her aside to talk privately.

“You have to reject this invitation.” He explained in a low voice “I have important matters to discuss and don't have time to…” He swallowed hard his eyes falling on the glittering hairpin she was wearing for a few seconds “To give you the attention you deserve.”

Nari bit her lower lip certain that that wasn't what he was thinking. She was awkward and weird but she wasn't stupid and she knew that ever since their last meeting he was acting differently. She had no idea if it had to do with the fact that she told him that she was a , or the fact that she stopped them for having then but something was troubling him. And to add to that he didn't seem happy to see her there and he didn't introduce her as his girlfriend and she noticed it.

“Alright. Can we meet later then?” Nari asked feeling like a silly kitten asking for attention. She probably looked like one because Jinki’s expression softened and he looked away for a brief moment.

“I’ll call you later, alright?”

Nari nodded sadly and Jinki joined Mr.Han, both leaving.

She sighed watching them go.

Ever since she remembered she was always the kid that others protected. No one dared to make fun of her in school because she was the special one, the one that would skip school for several days at time because one of her allergies got worse and her body was filled with a constellation of wounds; she was the one that couldn't enter the sports competitions and had to watch from the side cheering the others because her body was too weak for her to run for a long time; she was the one no one invited for group blind dates because she was awkward and never knew what accessories were trending, what people her age used to like, because she spent too much time inside hospitals. All because she was special. Even though everyone treated her nicely it wasn't because of who she was, it was because all her life she was labeled as special and she was tired of being special.

Once she grew up she learned to hide the peculiarities that made her special and eventually she was able to blend in and people started to know her through her behavior and personality. Unfortunately, that's when she started being the awkward and weird one and usualy it didn't bother her as much as being special did. At least now people weren't as fake as before and she wasn't ashamed of being who she was.

However, at that moment watching Jinki leave and remembering the way he looked at her hairpin as if she was marke, as if it was one of the several blemishes she often got as a child when she ate nuts, Nari felt once again special and not in a good way.

Ever since he met her he didn't show any sign of caring much about what she was wearing or what she did. He didn't treat her as if she was much different from the others and weirdly she liked it. It seems like she was back to being special. 

 

“As you know the Seungeon -ri’s convention is coming soon and I gathered you all here for this meeting because you are the team I want to work with me for the festival.” Taemin announced taking his time looking at every face around the meeting table. He took the last days choosing the best team to help him, putting aside the ones that would butter him up or try to flirt with him. Eventually, he managed to gather a reliable team. Sora was there too taking notes diligently even though the meeting has just started.

“I’m going to be honest with you all. It’s going to be rough and you will have to work double during the remaining weeks before the conventions. Not everyone will get to go with me of course but you all will get some days off during the time of the convention so you can rest from all the hard work you did for it to be a success.”

Everyone seemed pleased with that so Taemin grabbed a pile of folders he personally prepared during the day and he offered one to each of his collaborators.

“Inside these folders, you have a list of products and I want you all to choose one and come up with a good idea about how we should present it at the festival and why.”

Sora blinked her eyes and Taemin could see that she was surprised and maybe even a little impressed. The others also shared the same reaction.

He knew that he didn't give the best impression at first but later he was trying really hard to show a good image, to work hard and learn with the others that had more experience than him.

“There is an extra folder.” Sora said eyeing the one Taemin was holding.

“No. This one is mine. We are a team. I’m also doing it.” He ignored the way Sora stared at him as if he said something extremely weird “For the next days I want you to work hard at this task I'm giving you. Of course, you shouldn't stop working on your previous assignments but I hope you save part of your day for this. Later we will present it to the rest of the team and then we will vote and the best project will then be chosen.”

“Vote?” A male coworker asked.

“Yes, vote. Why are you so surprised?” Taemin asked.

“Usualy there isn't any voting. The previous marketing director would choose.”

Taemin seemed a little taken aback and moved his fingers over his folder. It was true that he didn't know much about how things worked inside the company but he wasn't an idiot. He knew what he was doing, well he hoped he did.

“This time we are doing it differently. I’m trusting you to help me with this convention. Keep up the good work and I will see you in the next meeting.”

Everyone stood up gathering their things and only Sora stood behind. They waited for the door of the meeting room to be closed and then Taemin frowned and looked at her.

“Is it a stupid idea? Did I do bad?” Lately, he was so thankful he had her by his side. At first, she annoyed him as a coworker, acting as if she knew more than him but the truth was that she did and slowly he end up depending on her and that wasn't only at work. The last night they spent together he fell asleep by her side after , using her warmth to comfort him and allow him to forget the mixed emotions that the apartment of his brother gave him. When he woke up in the morning she wasn't there any longer and even though it hurt to wake up alone in that house he was thankful to her for helping him sleep.

“No. I don't think you did.” Sora answered “Everyone appreciates that you are honest with us and humble.”

“Everyone or you?” Taemin asked but didn't wait for Sora to answer “I know I did good!” He nodded to himself proudly and once he turned around he could hear Sora cursing him under her breath. It was cute and didn't bother him so Taemin gracefully put his coat on.

"So am I still a selfish conceited idiot?" Sora ignored him “Do you know which product you will choose?”

“I don't know yet!” She answered.

“I have one already.” He opened the folder and then showed her a sheet of paper with a big picture of the perfume she always used, the one he gave to her as a present.

Sora paled and Taemin tilted his head curiously. It always made him interested in how she always reacted so ardently to it.

“I didn't add that one to the folder I gave you!” Sora pointed out.

“I know, but I did.”

“It’s a very old product.” She said quickly.

“I know but since its one of my favorites, I decided that I will try to renew its image. It’s after all your perfume.” he smiled at Sora “Your favorite one!”

She pressed her lips together and hugged the folder against her chest “You don't know anything about me!”

She seemed upset and Taemin tilted his head observing her. As always Sora was a mystery to him. Even though he sometimes opened up to her she rarely did the same back. He didn't know much about her preferences and she was right, he barely knew anything about her, besides what she liked in bed. He also knew that she liked that perfume or seemed to have a connection to it and he wanted to know more about it. He wanted to know Sora.

The best way to catch a mouse is getting to know what kind of treats it likes.

Jonghyun spent around one hour searching for his notebook at the park. He lost it on the night he helped his muse and ever since he has been searching for it but with no luck. He forgot where he placed it when he got up to run after the thief and someone probably found it the next day and kept it. He sighed finding his way back home dishearted because even if he wanted to he couldn't rewrite all the notes and ideas he had for the thriller he planned to write.

It was rather poetic that he end up losing his ideas after meeting his muse. It should have been the other way around.

Jonghyun fastened his pace to get back to the store as quick as he could. Nari was there alone and her mood wasn't the best. Ever since she came back from meeting her boyfriend she was acting weird. Of course, she didn't tell him anything but he knew better. That Lee Jinki was a liar. He didn't like her as much as she liked him and sooner or later he was going to break her heart and he would break his face.

Jonghyun was mumbling under his breath how much he hated that pabo’s smiling face when another familiar face caught his attention. In front of the store, a beautiful woman was standing. This time she was dressing more discreetly, a simple white blouse and a black skirt and she wasn't wearing the heels that she broke the night he saved her.

Jonghyun stopped a few steps away from his muse and she widened her eyes when she saw him. In her hand was the notebook he was searching for and Jonghyun pointed at it gasping in surprise.

Her eyes fell to Jonghyun’s prized possession and then got back up to him.

“Jonghyun ssi, do you remember me?”

Was she crazy? How could he ever forget her?

She stared at Jonghyun and he realized he said that out loud and covered his mouth. “I mean I…”

His embarrassed expression made her laugh and Jonghyun let his hands fall at his sides. Her laughter was the most beautiful sound he ever heard. Her smile was able to light up the whole world and when she smiled like that her eyes were like moons. It was insane that he always mocked Nari from saying that Jinki’s smile was like the sun but now here he was thinking the same about his muse’s smile. Actually, they smiled in a similar way and even though that idea could irritate him it didn't. She was amazingly beautiful and in her presence, he was sure he couldn't even be able to hate anyone. She was capable of absorbing all those negative feelings and fill him with warmth.

“I have something for you.” She stretched her arm offering him his notebook back. “That night I kept it with me and eventually I forgot to give it back.”

Jonghyun grabbed his notebook his fingers brushing against hers for a split of a second, but that was enough to make him hold his breath. He was a romantic man and he believed in love at first sight but never once did he act as silly like that in front of a woman. Usualy he was the kind to never shut up when he was in front of a woman he had a crush on. Being silent and unable to act was a first to him.

“Well then. It was nice seeing you.” His muse bid him goodbye but before she was able to leave Jonghyun gathered his thoughts and courage and stepped in front of her. She stood surprised and he did the same not only because he had no idea he could do it but also because she was taller than him and that let him uncomfortable. Why couldn't he have grown at least 5 more centimeters?!

“Jonghyun ssi?”

She knew his name but he didn't know hers and that wasn't right.

“Can you…” He swallowed hard “Can I offer you a cup of coffee?” His heart beat faster and the fear of her saying no assaulted him but his muse smiled back at him and all went away.

“Sure.”

Kim Jonghyun was a happy man.

 

 

I know this chapter was short. I'm sorry. Trying to write less and be faster updating. Sorry, it took a while too...T__T

 
Anyway I have this story almost all planned until the end...ehehhe

I hope you liked it. <3