2. The Couch Potato's Side

Life Is Not A Movie

"Done!"

Tzuyu dropped on to her bed after wrapping up the last box.

"Finished packing?" Her aunt came in to the room hearing the girl's loud cheer.

"Yes" Tzuyu breathed out. "That's the most work I have done in a year"

Her aunt laughed sitting beside the figure sprawled on the bed.

"Are you sure you don't want to move to Canada with us? I'm worried" Her aunt said with a worried expression.

"Don't worry I'll be fine auntie. You don't need to worry about me" Tzuyu said to ease her aunt's worries.

"Yah! Did I say i'm worrying about you? I'm worried about the person you're going to live with. She has to deal with your lazy . I heard she's mom's friend's daughter. Aigoo that poor girl~" Her aunt said with her hand tapping her chin. Tzuyu's eyes widened at her aunt's words.

"Hey~ I'm not that difficult to live with" Tzuyu whined slapping her aunt's shoulder who laughed whole heartedly.

"Right?" Tzuyu urged.

"I'm not going to lie" her aunt laughed again before leaving a pouting Tzuyu behind.

---------------------------------------

She opened the front door of her new house peeking to see if anyone was inside.

"She must be at college" Tzuyu muttered to herself recalling Mrs. Myoui's words.

"Mina is a medical college student. She won't be home most of the time" Mrs. Myoui said handing over the house keys. "And she'll be a little hard to deal with. I didn't ask her permission before finding a roommate for her"

Tzuyu almost choked on her drink. "Really?"

"Yeah! Don't worry! It's not like you two would be sharing a room. There's a spare room so I thought I'll find someone to live with her, then your mother tells me about you and I thought why not. I did tell her later though and she's a little mad at me for not telling her sooner"

Tzuyu looked around the house. It wasn't too big or too small just the right size.

"Woah!" Tzuyu's eyes landed on the cozy couch. She skipped her way towards the couch and bend down to feel the cover of it before sitting down.

"Waaah! This is nice!" Her eyes then landed on the huge, wide flat screen TV infront.

"Oh My God!" She exclaimed. "This is heaven!" Her hand automatically reached towards the remote which was placed on top of the coffee table, but before she could touch it her phone started ringing.

"Damn!" She retreated her hand, dipping it into her pocket to take the phone. Without looking at the caller ID she answered the phone with a "hello"

"My instincts were shouting at me that you were about to turn on a TV before unpacking" Tzuyu rolled her eyes at her annoying aunt who shouted "DON'T YOU DARE TURN ON THE TV BEFORE DOING YOUR WORKS!"

"Oh c'mon auntie!" Tzuyu pleaded stomping her feet even if her aunt can't see her. "Just for a few minutes"

"Nope!" Her aunt said. "Not until you finish unpacking"

"Fine" She hungup pouting and then lookrd at the boxes "It's not a lot so better get started"

"Wait which one of these is my room?" She wondered looking at the doors that were right next to each other.

"Well the empty room will be mine I guess" She first checked the room on the right seeing lots of scattered papers on the floor and the clothes that were messily dumped on the bed she closed the door and opened the left one which was clean.

"I guess this is my room then" She said looking around the room. "I think i'll do half the work, then a little bit tv time and then do the rest of it"

------------------------------------------

"I'm tired. I'll go watch tv now" She said five minutes later leaving the room and all the work which wasn't even close to to finishing.

She went to the livingroom area lazily flopping down on the couch and her right hand slowly moved towards the TV remote as she took quick glances at her phone just incase her aunts supernatural instincts catch her again.

Finally grasping the device in her hand fist pumped the air thanking god that her aunt's ability didn't work the miracle again.

------------------------------------------------

Hours passed as she was indulged in what she does best. Lazing around watching TV. Even her posture changed from time to time.

She was watching a romance movie when the front door opened suddenly, and in walked a girl who looked just the same age as her (which was not possible considering the fact that the said girl was a medical student while Tzuyu is a highschool student)

The girl closed the door locking it without noticing the presence of Tzuyu who was preparing herself for the awkward introductions.

But all the preparation drifted away when the girl turned around, her short hair flying as she moved (just like in the movies Tzuyu thought) and her eyes finally met Tzuyu's.

The girl's eyes widened upon noticing the foreign presence in her house while Tzuyu gawked at the girl's beauty.

"Hello i'm your new roommate Chou Tzuyu" Tzuyu finally broke the silence and introduced herself. The girl's eyes seemed to be lost in thought for a while before realisation hit her.

"Oh yeah. I'm Myoui Mina" The said girl spoke as if she was being forced to do this. If the girl was trying to hide the fact that she didn't like the idea of sharing her house with a stranger, then she's really bad at it beacause Tzuyu can sense the hatred in her small introduction itself. Both of them fell into an awkward silence not knowing what to do.

And as if the situation isn't awkward enough, the TV just had to make weird noises shifting both their attention towards it.

Tzuyu's eyes widened and mouth hung open upon seeing the lead actors kissing each other (or almost eating each other's faces) and her eyes shifted to Mina wanting to see her reaction.

Beautiful brows were furrowed, forming a weird shape and nose scrunched up to express the feeling of pure disgust.

"Ookay. I'll be in my room" Mina didn't wait for Tzuyu's response and immediately fled to her room.

Great Tzuyu. Now she'll think you're a ert.

Thankfully, both of them succeeded in avoiding each other as Tzuyu continued unpacking and Mina spend her time in her room occasionally going out to the kitchen for food.

 

-------------------------------------------

With the relief of finishing all her work Tzuyu was at it again (watching football this time) with a box of pizza in her hand. Although, there is food in the house Tzuyu is reluctant to eat without Mina's permission so she settled for ordering pizza this time.

"Yah! Yah! Shoot a goal Sanchez!" She shouted at the TV frustrated because her team was loosing.

"What are you people doing? Arsene my man advice them please" at this point Tzuyu didn't care if she has neighbours or roommates. The volume was on maximum and on top of that her continuous shouting would be heard from miles away.

She was in the middle of cursing at a player from the other team when a hand snatched the remote from the back instantly muting the TV. Before she can turn back and say something Mina's other hand pressed something on her forehead which blocked her view. The next thing she heard was a door slamming shut.

She detached the piece of sticky note which was on her forehead.

I am trying to study here so I would appreciate it if you turn the volume down. And I probably shouldn't say this but I have to. FOR GOD'S SAKE PLEASE CALM YOUR ! That's all so hope you have a goodnight and nice to meet you Tzuyu.

Tzuyu smiled at the note. She took the remote (which was thrown to the couch after muting) and turned down the volume. This time she didn't get frustrated when her team lost the match.

 

 

A/N: Sorry for taking such a longtime to update. But here it is. I still haven't decided how many chapters it will have. But the next chapter will be Mina's POV I guess and hopefully I'll update soon.

Have a good day. Bye~