First Chapter

Aphrodites followers

"My lady it is time to wake up." The maid said to the young princess. Nadiya yawned and stretched. "Did my father ask for my presence?" She looked at the kind maid, who has been her friend since she was a young girl. "Yes my lady, your father awaits you in the dining room." The maid bowed and walked over to the closet. 

 

"What is it about Lavinia?" Nadiya scratched her cheek and looked at the maid. "He wanted to eat with you my lady." Nadiya nodded and took the clothes Lavinia had chosen. The maid quickly left and Nadiya sighed. 

"I can see you sparkling with love my dear." Nadiya thought to herself as she got dressed. 

 

Nadiya has the ability to see if people are in love or lust. Because she was chosen to be one of Aphrodite's followers when she was born. Aphrodite's followers have the ability to sense if someone is thinking of their lover, is in love or have the feelings of lust. 

 

But there is one disadvantage: She cannot have a lover herself unless the Greek goddess herself tells her about the person who is destined to be her soul mate. If you disobey and choose  

Your lover yourself, you die. 

 

Nadiya brushes her long black, thick hair with the specialised brush from her late mother. Every mother who is pregnant with one of Aphrodite's followers is destined to die, sadly. It is due to the pain of such great power that the Greek goddess herself gives to the newborn baby. But the followers themselves do not die whilst having a child. With the ability to see love, Aphrodite's followers are also very beautiful. 

 

Her hair reaches her and is thick which makes it even more difficult to take care of. That is why she spends a long time in her bedroom. After she has brushed her hair and put it up, she put on her light pink gown and matching shoes. She walked out of her room checked if there were any guards around and started running down the hallway to the dining room. 

 

She opened the large door and walked to her usual seat which is next to her father. Her father smiled at her and kissed her forehead. "My dearest daughter, how are you on this lovely day." Nadiya smiled at the aura around her father. "My dear father, I am feeling well on this beautiful day." Her father then turned serious. 

 

"Nadiya, I have to talk to you about something important." Nadiya frowned at the change of atmosphere. "You will be married to the crown prince." Her father looked at her. "Your grandfather has planned this with the crown prince's grandfather ever since you were born." Nadiya had a blank expression.  "But father what about Aphrodite? She is the one who shall announce who shall be my soulmate and am I not to young to be married, I am only 19 years of age father." 

 

Her father frowned. "But your mother was as old as you as she got married, also how do you find out who is to be your soulmate?" She looked at her father and bit her lip. "I will know when I meet him. Then the Goddess will tell me if he shall be my soulmate." Her father started smiling. "Then we shall arrange for you two to meet." She looked down and nodded. "If this is how I will find my soulmate, then it shall happen." 

 

Sooo this is something I thought about for a looooooong time and I am happy I decided to write this. Side note this story is based in the future where it has no cool cars that turn into robots but instead it basically reverted back to the past. Hope you enjoyed the first chapter and please vote and comment >_<