Chapter 1

We Found Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He stared at his watch. "Get ready," Jackson yelled at his staff as his hotel was hosting a wedding. Once the second-hand hit 60 second, Jackson turned to his staff. "Start the music." Jackson was known to never say 'please' or 'thank you.' His cold cut words always got the message clear that he was not here to have fun. Since he was five, Jackson has had the same hair- slick backed with his sides cut. He always wore a suit with only the difference from one another was the color. He wore the same tie for the past 10 years. given from his mother before she died. After his mother's passing; his father should him no mercy. He was disciplined and was to live solely to have the best hotel in the whole world.

He checked everything off the list. "The wedding went smoothly. Go home." This was the closest to a compliment. 

At home, Jackson would review all the contracts, possible sponsorships or future appointments. He lived and breathed for the hotel; everyone calls him "Scar," after The Lion King's villain. He was practically a robot; a physical embodiment of the hotel. His father; the founder of Wang Suites didn't care about anything but purely someone to pass on the future of their hotel. 

Since his mother died fifteen years ago, he learned how to turn off his emotions and would often become careless about others or even himself. Jackson knew from the start he was born purely for the hotel, not because his parents wanted a child. He had one memory of his mother because he forgot how she looked like or how she sounded like. He only recalled the time when his mother told him to "be kind and smart and be you." Every time he thinks about his mother, he feels disappointed.

Every day, he wondered how his life would be different without the burden of carrying the Wang title. If he could appreciate the breeze of the cold air during the winter time instead of thinking of how the hotel would have to raise their budget for the heater or if he could go to the beach and have fun rather than hosting events and having his staff make sure everything goes properly.

Jackson has owned and watched his hotel grow from nothing to one of the most successful, all-ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter