Story 1 - Chapter 1 - Fated meeting

New Winds of Spring

Kyle was sitting in the park really annoyed. Everything was idyllic around him but his soul felt restless. He had the feeling that something bad will happen. He didn't know what or when or how, he didn't even see it's shadow approaching but he just felt it in his gut. He could feel the chill of the cold Spring wind and feel the warming sun on his back. He tried to calm his heart by looking at the falling pink petals. Trees were taking off their majestic pink gowns petal by petal falling slowly on the ground, gently covering it with the softest carpet one can set his feet upon. There's beauty even in death - he though. It has been months since he moved away from his brother and as aggressive as he was, at times like these loneliness makes somewhat pleasant memories endearing and sweet. He wished to sit on that bench, in that park with someone that he used to be close with. Someone he grew up with or loved deeply. But he was on his own. It was getting late and the sun was setting. The more he felt he had to stay and watch the whole park change it's colour almost burning in fire. As he was looking at every inch of that beauty, thinking of his family and the people that he was missing, he set his eye upon a lense. One that was aimed straight at him. There are many people out on sunny spring days to take pictures of nature, of themselves and their families. The person with her lense aimed right at him was already at the park when Kyle arrived and most times she was just sitting, looking around taking pictures. It wasn't the first time her camera turned towards him. He looked behind himself and there was nothing significant behind him, other than a white wall. Two trees were next to the bench where he was sitting, giving him a pink frame. He loved taking photos as well, so he could see how aesthetically it would work out perfectly with the sweet changes of sunlight and the play of shadow with the setting sun on the white wall. He felt he was in the way of something beautiful and so he stood up and moved aside. Started walking toward the exit of the park. 

 

- Excuse Me! - he heard a shout from behind.

 

He turned around to see the woman with the camera running towards him. Waving her hands she was trying to signal for him to stop, so he did. He didn't feel like talking to anyone though. Spending his time in nature always helped him put his thoughts straight. His anxiety slowly faded away as his mind wandered on different things while looking at nature. He didn't want to be woken up from the sweet daydreaming he fell into while spending his afternoon so calmly.

 

- Excuse Me , sorry. - She caught up with him and stopped gasping for air, trying to speak but running out of breath and smiling at herself for not being able to talk properly. 

 

- Yes? - He answered briefly, wandering what she wanted.

 

- I...I just wanted to say that if you want the picture I took of you, you can have it.

 

- What? You took a picture of me? - He was startled but at the same time he realised that being out in the open in a park it can't be helped if he ends up on a couple of pictures. She got very embarrassed and looked to the ground and all around while she was talking.

 

- Yes. I am really sorry, I took many pictures and you ended up being on some of them. They turned out quite decent. If you want them you can have them. I have a gallery just around the corner and sometimes I display good ones. - he still didn't answer - Of course, only if you want to see them.

 

There was a short but awkward silence. He was looking at her trying to decide whether he really needed to see those pictures. A strong wind rose and all of a sudden thousands of petals fell and looked as if it was snowing. She was standing in front of him waiting for a response, the setting sun giving a warm light to her face. She had something sweet but mature about her. She looked embarrassed but at the same time her eyes sparkled and were inviting. There were petals stuck all over her long her that she was trying to keep out of her face. He felt something inside. Curiosity mainly, that is how it starts off, he knew it well. Wouldn't be the first time it happens. The only question was if he really can afford feeling this way and start anything considering his circumstances. She sighed.

 

-I understand. Sorry to bother you. - she smiled warmly and turned around to leave.

 

- Sorry. - He said suddenly. Instinct moved his lips and his heart told him not to let go. She turned back. - Where is the gallery? - he asked quietly.

She handed over her card and left. Kleo Jang it said. The address was there and truly it was so close to the park. He loved photography and taking pictures and when he lived with his family he always went to galleries but he never did around where he lived now. He was so occupied with his new job and settling down that he used most his time to rest and wind down. He almost forgot how much he loved creating new things and exploring new things. He thought at this moment that Apollo has finally found him again and gave him a personal invitation to his realm. He still wasn't sure whether to accept the invitation and let loose the nine muses in his life again since Apollo was the God of many things deadly plagues being one of them. The uneasy feeling came back and the wind rose even stronger. There was a storm approaching and he decided to head home.