Heather Lavender

Spectrum: Their Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



Heather Lavender - Admiration; Solitude
 


Seohyun isn’t usually a terrible person. In fact, she’s in balance even when her period comes. Sure, she’d have cravings and not so subtly give Yonghwa clues about what she wants to eat on that particular day, cringes when her stomach ache is too much, (giving Yonghwa a semi heart attack while she’s at it) and occasional spacing out due to the pain here and there, but ultimately, Seohyun does not fall into the category of those women who go all psychopathic with their mood swings.

Except when she does.

In the span of their 6 years relationship, there have been many times when the typically calm maknae of SNSD would revert into Seo Joohyun, the crazed girl friend of Jung Yonghwa, and those days are not pretty. She either gets mad at him while he’d done absolutely nothing (which, in her defence, him doing nothing when she’s in pain is wrong) or not talk to him at all (which is basically a punishment for the man).

The first time it all happened, Yonghwa was busy with his recording. He self-trapped himself in the rehearsing studio along with his 3 band members and they didn’t go out until everything was set to go, and everything took them about 8 hours. When Yonghwa finally did got a hang of his phone, he found 37 missed calls from girlfriend dearest. And as if that wasn’t a reason enough for him to go in panic mode (because Seohyun never calls him more than 3 times), there was a single message for him from her too which read:
 

‘If I’m not important to you maybe I should stop thinking that you’re important to me. We’re done.’
 

Needless to say, Jung freaking Yonghwa went into panic mode.

Perplexed as he was, that did not stop him from calling her thrice as many times she did that day (and the few days afterwards), waited for her in front of her apartment (mask on and all) and the SM building itself. Seohyun had heard from her unnies that he called them in order to reach out to her, and despite the (stupid and petty) reason for her not returning his calls, there was a big part of her heart that longed for his smile, laughter, touch and himself. She missed him so much it hurt. So, when her throbbing pain finally ended (which made her hormones lessen, therefore her logical reasoning clearer as it should), she contacted her (ex?) boyfriend.

She was sent into his voicemail.

The girl didn’t know whether to fume (again) or laugh because of the irony. She knew that he was working, so she chose the latter. With another message, she switched off her phone. (So that he’d go into another panic attack, just for the fun of it.)
 

‘Oppa, meet me by the Han River. I want my roasted gogumas.’
 

He was 3 hours late that night, and when she asked him why, he sheepishly handed her the roasted gogumas he bought all the way from Incheon. (Because no stores in Seoul sell that snack after 1 in the morning.)

Needless to say, Seohyun concluded that they never broke up, and Yonghwa responded her with an “I love you, Hyun-ah.”
 

The next day

 

“Seohyun unnie?”

The woman in question looked up from her drama script abruptly at the sound of someone calling her name, only to find her SM junior standing by the glass door, Joy of Red Velvet.

The older girl arched her brow in a confused manner, a tad curious of the reason for Joy, or Park Sooyoung being there, “Yes, Joy-ah?”

“May I come in?” the younger fidgeted, her hands clasped together tightly and Seohyun could her pupils dilated, even if Joy held up a façade, a thin but warm smile etched on her lips.

Seohyun closed her script and pushed it slightly afar before motioning for Joy to come in the room.

The Red Velvet member obligated and took a seat opposite Seohyun. Out of sheer habit, the older examined Joy further, and when things were done, she couldn’t help but to let out an inner sigh. Seohyun could see the heavy bags under her junior’s eyes, and the swell didn’t help Joy at all. The younger may be smiling (perhaps out of pure humbleness for SNSD’s maknae) but her eyes were dejected, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter