Camellia

Spectrum: Their Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter




A/N:  Every chapter (hopefully) will be entitled with flowers, the meanings given at the start of every one-shot. The meanings have an (in)direct connection to the storylines. So, without further ado:

CAMELLIA -  Admiration; Perfection; Good Luck, Gift to a Man
 

 

“You’re drinking coffee again.”

Eric looked up from his iphone and ed his face slightly closer towards the owner of the feminine voice. At the sight of the girl’s eyes twitching, the man disposed his phone onto the bedside table and grabbed a hold on her palm and brought it to his face.

“You’re awake? Are you still in pain?” Eric asked without a second thought, only to realize a second far too late on how stupid the question was.

The girl blinked a few times before fully opening her eyes, revealing a warm set of charcoal irises that shadowed nothing but lethargy. She turned her head sideways to face the man, answering him with humour in her voice, “Yup, still in pain.”

She was challenging Eric, making him feel even guiltier than he already was from being late.

He inwardly cringed and gave her an awkward smile, “Mianhae, Yongddong-ah.”

Upon hearing the affectionate nickname, Solar let out a weak chuckle, resulting in another gush of pain below her abdomen, as if she wasn’t already in pain. Ignoring it (as she could see how Eric was about to go on panic mode any moment should she show another hint of pain), the girl the side of his face softly, her index finger sweeping underneath his blackish eye bag.

As if reading her mind, Eric took down her hand and brought them to his lips, kissing them gently, “Have you eaten?”

“Have you eaten, oppa?”

He furrowed his brows, “Very funny, Kim Yongseon. Last time I check, I’m not the one in the hospital.”

Solar chuckled at his sarcasm, just like how she always did, “They fed me like I’m food-deprived, oppa, and omma wouldn’t stop nagging until I actually finish my meal so yes, I have eaten, with my meds too,” she paused, wiping the corner of his eyes to the bridge of his nose with her fingers, because it was a habit and Solar needed something she was used too at the moment. Hospitals never did give her any good memories. “How about uri Yoon-ddongi, hmm?”

“I ate the airplane food on my way back,” he answered her truthfully.

She shrieked (half shocked from his statement and the other half from more pain), alerting him at once, “Wae? Wae?” panicked resonated his voice, “Are you hurt? Do you want me to call the nur--”

“You haven’t eaten in 12 hours oppa?!”

Eric let out a sigh of relief, a cackle escaping his lips as he sat back down on the chair to the bed, “Yeobo, please don’t do that. Scared the life out of me.”

“You’re scaring me!” she exclaimed, eyes wide as she tried to sit up. Once she was in a comfortable position (or rather, as comfortable as she could be, considering her ongoing pain that would most likely continue on for the next few hours), she addressed him further, “Oppa, you’re going to get sick if you only drink coffee and refuse to eat!”

With that, Eric laughed whole-heartedly albeit in a soft manner, “Kim Yongseon, the only woman on the face of planet earth who could wake up and nag me without even opening her eyes,” his laughter toned down as he kissed the back of her hand. “I’m fine, Yongseon-ah. Again, I’m not the one admitted into the hospital and currently sitting on a hospital bed now, am I?”

“Jjinja gwenchana, oppa?” she asked, the thought of her husband starving somehow punching her in the gut, as if she had failed to be a good wife, or something.

“Cheongmal gwenchana,” Eric reassured. “Compared to my stomach, my heart was in a much worse condition the moment I landed.”

“Why?”

“25 missed calls, from sister-in-laws of course, and 3 from your mom? I didn’t even need to check them and knew you were here. But ommonim did brief me on what happened to you when I arrived. My heart is still beating like crazy, but seeing you right now, it has died down a bit.”

She laughed, and he cocked a brow, confused, “What?” he wondered aloud.

“I don’t exactly want your heart to ‘die down’ oppa, even if it’s just a bit.”

“Har.Har.Har, very funny,” he pinched her mochi cheeks. “Now, tell me the full story.”

Solar breath out a sigh and leaned back on the pillows, her right hand still in Eric’s and her eyes never leaving him, “Felt tremendous pain this morning, after our video call. Thought it was nothing but omma insisted on visiting the hospital because apparently, according to omma, I could not even sit down properly without wincing in pain. During the check-up, the doctor went berserk because—”

“Doctor Ahn?” her husband cut in to ask, referring to her personal doctor.

“Nop,” her eyes rolled up as she tried to remember the doctor who examined her. “Doctor Yoo, young and easily stressed. I could see it in his eyes, probably freaked out when my water broke on the examination bed.”

Eric’s eyes went saucers, his grip on Solar’s hand tighten, “Your water broke where?!”

“That!” she pointed to her husband’s face, “was the look Doctor Yoo had on his face when it happened,” she exclaimed in a manner too cheerful for someone who was currently experiencing a scorching pain ‘down there’.

When the terrified expression on Eric’s face didn’t fade, she laughed further, “I’m okay now, oppa, don’t worry.”

“I should have never left you,” he whispered.

“It’s your work, I understand,” Solar cooed, tugging her husband’s arm lightly. “Besides, it won’t be any day now, from when I need to go back being Mamamoo’s Solar. When that day comes, I won’t even answer your phone calls, gonna leave you all alone with aegi here,” she motioned to her protruding stomach, her lips curving into a maternal smile.

“Ah, really?” he challenged out a tease, eyes trailing down to her stomach as well, “I think you’re the one who’s going to call me nonstop though. Like, my phone would start ringing about two minutes after you leave home for work.”

On impulse and habit, Solar hit the side of Eric’s shoulder a tad too strong, but nonetheless he was used to it, even since their We Got Married Days.

They went their separate ways after the final shooting, each with half of the Ddongi shoes Solar made for him, and her with the photo album he meticulously arranged for her in between his working schedules, whether it was during his break time, in cars and even on the plane. Both had touched each other’s hearts so deeply at that time, and despite trying to let go, neither could (or rather would not).

They’d heard rumours going around on how previous couples would act incredibly awkward after farewells, to avoid scandals and unwanted attention, and ultimately became strangers in the process. Solar was hit with a turmoil from the get go; she knew that after exiting the safe We Got Married bubble, a mere friendship would be hard to maintain between them. Not adding the fact that the person of interest was Eric Nam, the Nation’s Boyfriend. Even after their good byes the pressure never left her. At times, even the thought of being his friend was hard. To her (and apparently a lot of people), he was perfect, so she had to be perfect.

Even though at first, nothing but longing filled the void.

If someone were to say that Solar loved her fans and her girls more than life itself, she’d be sure to give the person a solid nod, a confirmed yes. Solar did love her life as an idol, as a singer, as an artist, but somewhere in between the 9 months of becoming Eric’s partner, she started loving being Kim Yongseon. Eric, this well-rounded man from the other side of the world was fated to be her partner in this crazy reality television show and goodness gracious, she liked it, and she even liked him. So, when it all ended, she couldn’t let go (and oh God there had been many times when she wanted to let go).

She transitioned back into becoming Mamamoo’s Solar after that (not that the persona ever left), burying Kim Yongseon inside her, promising herself that when the time was right, she’d let the newly found girl come out again, perhaps even search for Eric again, give their fate a go and see where it, well, goes. The girl would download and listen to his new songs, ‘accidentally’ reading about him on the news, watching him interviewing foreign celebrities promoting their new films because she was excited about the new film (not because she wanted to hear his perfect English), stole glances here and there at award shows and only acknowledging him with her awkward laugh when it’d be more ‘off’ to not say hello because their eyes definitely met amongst it all, learned to speak English fluently because the language was essential and she was the leader of Mamamoo so she was in charge of their voice as a whole (definitely not because she wanted to appear better to him the next time they met) and of course, occasionally texting him a birthday wish on his real birthday (which she posted a box filled with his real presents to his home address), Christmas wishes, New Year greetings and many more. Sometimes, when she felt really dejected and sim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter