Chapter 1 'Meet up'

Think I Fell In Love

One breezy morning in Seoul while birds chirp only outside Vernon's window with the snow slowly falling down making his bedroom get chilly. He grasp his blanket below his waist and pulled it up to cover his exposed body to continue his slumber with the right temperature. Before he could completely drift off to sleep, he heard loud knocks coming from his door matching the voice of his younger sister, Sofia.

"Hansol Oppa!" She called out using Vernon's real name. The name Vernon doesn't prefer to use but it was his sister after all so he didn't mind. He groaned loudly before sitting up from his bed that is much bigger for his body. 

Vernon's family are already wealthy when they moved to Seoul with their large modern house designed in the color of brown gingerbeard and a bit of yellow moonlight with an also wide stone staircase that is slighlty bend on the front side of their house to get at the front door. The two floored house with complicated but unique designs covered with mostly wall windows that could easily attract a pair of eyes. Their house that is found at a wonderful neighborhood with the same kind of fabulous houses with a safe distance in between their lots. The atmosphere that is often quiet with a bunch of healthy trees and flowers occupying the snowy streets. 

"Hansol Oppa!!" Sofia's voice grew louder than before as she loses her patience. "Coming" Vernon said in a murmur that Sofia obviously didn't hear because of her own loud knocks. Vernon could even feel his eyelids get heavier every second making him blink every now and then.

He sighed and glanced at his white digital clock with aqua neon numbers that says '6:57 AM' that's placed on his black plain nightstand. Vernon let out a hiss by waking him up at a deadly hour. 

Before he can even complain, his sister can't just give up, knocking as louder than ever while picking up the pace that Vernon hopes her knuckles turn red any sooner.

In frustration, he stand up immediately to have a word at his annoying sister but suddenly he tripped over by objects scattering on his floor, forming a loud, dull sound around his room that Sofia barely heard. "What are you doing?" She asked sounding concerned, pressing her left ear on the modern classic door as she holds onto the silky black handle guard that runs from top to bottom. 

When Vernon already obtain himself to come back to reality, he stares down at his flat red checkered carpet with wide eyes. Hopefully, he didn't smack his head hard on the floor by his quick reflexes he thought because his arms landed first keeping his head firm to not hit on the ground.

He then looked down at the cause of his fall, seeing his pair of shoes which he forgot to place it back on his shoe rack but he shrugged that off and worry about it later. He crawled back up on his feet and to answer the troublesome door as he stumble a few steps on his way. 

Sofia is already restlessly eager at the time and already have the keys of Vernon's room just in case of this situation. She brought up the keys to unlock the door also having a hard time doing so. Finally, it was unlocked with Sofia's face forming a bright smile when she's about to trespass in his brother's room.

When she swung the door open, it stopped midway with a loud thud and a groan in pain. She gasp in surprise when she realizes what she had done. Sofia takes a few steps inside his brother's room to look at the recent accident, seeing Vernon rub his forehead while closing his eyes tightly in discomfort. Sofia's jaw drop in disbelief letting out a breathy laugh at the scene as she cover with both of her hands. "I'm so sorry" She said half sincerely while looking up at her brother trying to keep her laughter to herself. 

Vernon opened both of his eyes to glare at Sofia "What do you want?" He said in a serious tone but only receives another apology. "I'm really sorry" She said then let herself walk towards Vernon's bed. 

Vernon inhales deeply to prevent himself to lose his temper early in the morning and to not ruin his whole day. He then close the door and follow the tracks of his sister, seeing her sit on the edge of his bed. Vernon sat on his working chair and turn himself around to relieve his stress. "Do you know what day is today?" Sofia asked softly, sitting straight up with her hands on her lap.

Vernon stopped his chair at the right time to face his sister, confused at the question she gave him but then says "A day that I should put a sign on my door saying 'No Sofia Allowed'" He said looking up at the ceiling, smiling at his own thoughts "That sounds pretty great, huh?" He asked, looking back at his sister with a grin. Sofia laughed out loud almost sounding sarcastic "No." She stated with a blank face. Vernon shook his head slightly then continued to spin himself around on his chair. "Guess!!" She shouted begging his brother to get his full attention while she bounce on the bed impatiently. "Just tell me" Vernon said with a hint in his voice that he wasn't really caring about a word on what his sister is saying.

Sofia gasp as she crosses her arms, speechless. "What kind of husband are you?!" She protested loudly, stopping Vernon in his silly doings and face his sister. "Excuse me?" He said, tilting his head at the side in confusion. "It's your anniversary with Boo Seungkwan!!" Sofia cheered happily as she intertwined her hands together while her eyes sparkle on how romantic the day is going to be. 

Sofia is always the one that remembers about the marriage more than Vernon. He even sometimes forgets about his husband's name and it wasn't his fault that they have not met yet that makes him forget about it most of the time. "Okay.. what now?" Vernon said, placing his elbow on the arm of the chair with his chin on his palm as he wait for Sofia to reply because she also prepares all his anniversaries with Boo Seungkwan.

"Well... I made a way for you and Seungkwan Oppa to meet for. The. First. Time!!" She boosted and stood up, walking side by side ranting how everything is going to be perfect but Vernon haven't really taken the words Sofia said into the core of his brain. 

After a few moments, Sofia noticed that her brother once again spaced out. She snaps her fingers infront of him, making Vernon jump in surprise as he blink both of his eyes. "It's going to be at the afternoon. Get ready, okay?" Sofia said slow and clear as she nod to herself, hoping to get a nod back for an answer. Vernon doesn't know why but nod back at his sister. "Good at Caffebene" Sofia said and smiled at him then making her way out the room. 

"Wait!" Vernon shouted, catching Sofia's attention. She stopped her tracks and turn to look back at him, lifting an eyebrow for him to answer. "Are you going to be there?" He asked anxiously also wanting to get a positive reply. "Of course not" She simply said "That's why get ready! You don't want him to wait for you, right?" Sofia said, crossing her arms once again. "Right right" Vernon said while nodding continuously with a finger up, standing up on his feet as he quickly scatter around his room with a bit of throwing clothes on the ground. Sofia chuckles at her brother's action that obviously looking a bit nervous at her news. She then turn her way to the door "Just be yourself Oppa!" Sofia lefted a tip at his brother's somewhat date later this afternoon. She did get confused because she surely knew well that Vernon already went to a lot of dates with girls or boys but she exprienced a side of her brother she have never seen before. 

After a few hours, Vernon ended facing his huge closet with a bunch of clothes scattered around him not catching a clue what he will wear for later. Only one solution got into his mind. He glided across the room to reach his phone on his other nightstand, dialing a number quickly as he can. Tapping his foot while hearing the other line ring the tone as he nibble his bottom lip, losing his patience.

"Joshua!" He shouted louder than he expected. "Oohh" The other person of the line whined a bit "What's up, man?" Joshua said with his calm usual voice. "I need help" Vernon immediately said, stumbling back to look inside his closet. "I'm all ears" Joshua assured then giving Vernon time to answer. "I'm going to meet my husband and I only have a few hours or so?" Vernon replied, glancing at his clock once more that says '9:46 AM' "I seriously don't have time" Vernon said again, letting his hand roam around inside the closet to pick a proper outfit to wear.

"You have a husband?!" Joshua shouted at the other line sounding surprised than ever. Vernon stopped his movements and stood up straight in confusion "You don't know?" He asked his childhood friend clearly. "Dude.. you didn't mention anything about you having a husband" Joshua said with a sigh at the last part of his sentence that Vernon heard on his phone. "Oh right" Vernon said in a quiet tone, remembering that he mostly forgets about his marriage and he didn't care about it most of the time. Now, he questions himself. Why is he worried all of the sudden? 

"You still there?" Joshua said if Vernon ditched him even at the phone. Vernon then once again spaced out, blinking a few times to bring himself back in reality. "Yeah.. I just need help with my fashion" Vernon replied, hearing a loud cackle at the other line while Vernon waited him to obtain himself together. It only took him a few seconds with a bit  of panting "Okay okay I'll be there" Joshua said back to his calm usual voice. Then Vernon hang up his phone and threw it at a pile of clothes. 

"Wow" Joshua said once he entered the messy bedroom. He took a few steps to look for Vernon while he pick up a few clothes at the time. He saw Vernon on his bed hugging on tightly at some of his clothes looking hopeless with a slight frown on his face. "I'm still confused" Joshua said, cutting off the silence that's filling the room and kneeled down to find a perfect outfit for Vernon at a pile of clothes.

Vernon lifted his head from the bed with an eyebrow up, unsure on what Joshua said. His friend looked at him noticing his doubt "I mean.. You and your fashion? I'm certainly sure you can do it on your own" Joshua stated, tilting his head that he can't understand Vernon's actions today but got startled when he pulled out a plain black shirt with the same colored jacket and looked back at Vernon while giving him an expression that the clothes he's lifting is perfect. "Are you serious?" Vernon said as he groan, smashing his head back on the soft white pillow. "I mean it's just a date with your husband?" Joshua replied with a little confusion at the end of his sentence while tilting his head to the side. 

It took Vernon a few minutes before he answers "You're right!" He sat up quickly with wide eyes, staring back at his friend "It doesn't mean I care? He's just my husband that I've never met before?" Vernon said with the same expression Joshua had earlier. Joshua then nod in confusion painted on his face, letting out a short agreement and threw the pair of clothes at Vernon matching it with his favorite jeans.

For a few minutes that Joshua felt as an eternity, Vernon walked out his dressing room with an elegant scent that is now filling the room. Joshua applaud while Vernon check himself out at the mirror. "Now I'm hungry" Joshua said out of the blue, looking down at his stomach that could be rumbling for hours. That made Vernon fill in shock, reaching over his phone to check the time '12:44 PM' "" He said a bit too loud for Joshua to hear. "Hey" Joshua complained before he could say anything Vernon hurriedly pack his needed things for later "Let's go" He stated, walking out of the room with Joshua catching up from behind.

They went out of the house as they walk down the stone staircase, feeling the snow falling on top of them. Joshua took out the car keys from his caramel coat to unlock his brown SUV "I'll be behind you" Joshua said as he made his way to the driver seat of his car. Vernon slightly nod and pressed the button only outside their garage as he wait for the garage door to open completely, looking at the view of his maroon convertible. Vernon didn't waste anymore of his time and soon buckled up on his car. When he already let out his car and waited for the garage door to entirely closed, they made their way to the city while they find the Cafe named Caffebene. 

The snow started to fall continuously, taking up the space of the road with wandering people wearing thick jackets while Vernon and Joshua were on their way to the Cafe. Once the welcoming store caught their eyes, they parked just infront of the Cafe. Already feeling the warmth of the store filling their bodies. Vernon inhaled the sweet smell of the cold season then making his way in the Cafe with Joshua right beside him. Vernon roamed his eyes inside the whole Cafe if his husband already arrived but on second thought Vernon honestly doesn't know what his husband looks like. I mean he just saw his face at their only picture when they were really young. "Excuse me, sir?" Vernon startled and gaze down on the short waitress who was getting his attention. "Y-yes?" He stuttered a little embarrassed if he suddenly was out of touch with reality earlier. "Chwe Hansol?" She questioned as she alternately look at Vernon and on her book that seems to have all the reservations of the store. The taller nod for a reply then the waitress escorted him to a private room where nobody was around.

They stopped infront of a sliding door with the waitress telling Vernon that someone was already waiting inside "With who?" Vernon asked curiously because he doesn't want to be in a situation that is very awkward with a stranger but the waitress just shrugged back at him, making Vernon sigh hopelessly. Vernon looked back at Joshua if he would think of entering with him "It's okay, dude. I'll be right here and eat" Joshua said with a half smile, waving his hand in the air as if it wasn't a problem. 

The waitress opened the door seeing a sight of a person's back sitting on a chair with his legs crossed, wearing a peach soft sweater that ends below his thighs and also reaches his knuckles the person turn his head to look back, giving Vernon a slight smile. Vernon then stepped his way in the room and sit on the cushion chair comfortably. There was a slight silence but then the stranger introduces himself

"I'm Boo Seungkwan and you are Hansol?" The person said, widening his eyes a little as he tilt his head on the side. Vernon was astound that his husband is really infront of him then he shook his head up and down, looking down on the table that there was already prepared meals for them. Seungkwan cleared his throat then grabbed something from his bag, pulling it out and place it just a few inches away from Vernon's face "We're getting married"  He stated immediately, making Vernon choke all of a sudden. "Uhm" Seungkwan hummed while he flicks his fingers, thinking deeply in his mind "I mean like getting married married with the vows and all" Seungkwan said and placed his arms on the table to look at Vernon's expression. "What!" Vernon yelled and snatched the paper out of Seungkwan's hold as he read it.

Seungkwan then had an offended expression that Vernon didn't catch so Seungkwan rolled his eyes and reach out for a cup of coffee. Vernon slowly place the paper on the table letting out a sigh "Are you agreeing with this?" Vernon asked looking at Seungkwan straight in the eyes. He waited until Seungkwan put down his cup also wiped his residues from his lips. "Of course, this marriage is for business.. nothing real" He said casually as if nothing was a big deal, making Vernon blink a couple of times to make the statement fill his whole brain. "What if I don't want to" Vernon said as he smack his hand hard on the table then Seungkwan flinched in fright. 

It was too much for Vernon's mind to process. Everything was going too fast for his liking. Marriage wasn't really his priority in life and will never be because he was absolutely sure that he's living his life to the fullest just being alone. Now thoughts are occupying his mind. Marriage? Is a problem with that he'll have a family and run a company at the same time constantly. Problem. Now he surely thinks that Boo Seungkwan will be his problem. Even though everything aren't real still, it will be taken seriously by both of their families. With an endless path of thoughts roaming around his mind he finally stopped at one condition. He isn't agreeing with this foolish decision.

"You have to!" Seungkwan replied with his voice raised as he cross his arms not giving Vernon a single glance while he stares at the side of the room. Vernon clenched his fist with furrowed eyebrows but still he sighed deeply not wanting to lose his temper. "Okay" He said softly with that Seungkwan slowly look back at him. "I'm sorry but I'm not agreeing with this" Vernon said while he lean back on his chair letting one more sigh out. "You can't. We have to" Seungkwan demanded, putting both of his hands, grabbing the edge of the table while he leans closer.

Vernon pushed back his chair and stood up "No" Vernon stated, shaking his head sideways looking at Seungkwan with a bit of anger. Seungkwan stood up to look at Vernon properly "We're already married and we only have to do this to make it official" Seungkwan replied with pursed lips, looking at Vernon straight in the eyes "We were children back then. I have no idea what marriage was and I want to take everything back" Vernon announced, pulling his hair back feeling his sweat fall down. "You aren't a child now. You're supposedly understanding what I'm saying and that is us to get married for our families. For us to finally own the company" Seungkwan stuttered, feeling anxious with his heart beating fast.

"What about us?" Vernon replied making Seungkwan go silent on how he forgot about his own life always following every command his family says but his dream is his career and he wanted it to be perfect. Thinking once again that it won't be perfect without Vernon. He looked back up, seeing Vernon shake his head in disappointment then made his way out the room. 

"Hansol, wait" Seungkwan said as he try to grab his wrist but unfortunately he was further away now. He place his head on the door as he sigh, looking at Vernon exiting the Cafe with another person following him while carrying bags of take outs.

Seungkwan then notice a girl with a newspaper covering her face "Sofia?" He mumbled loudly for the person to hear. The newspaper slowly pulled down meeting a quite unreadable smile. "Didn't work?" Sofia said unsure giving him a forced smile. Seungkwan nod hesitantly and soon shrugged his shoulders. "What should I do?" Seungkwan whined and stood up straight, meeting his hands to cover his whole face in embarassment. Sofia stood up from her seat while she scratch the side of her head to think "Well.. You are always welcome in our house" She confidently said as she nod her head back at him. 

"I can't believe you just agrued at your husband for the first time you guys met" Joshua said astound while chewing his meal from the Cafe earlier, sitting on Vernon's chair back in his bedroom just beside the wall window with his meals just infront of him that is placed on a table "Wow" He commented again feeling so amazed at Vernon's story. "He shouldn't be telling me about that topic" Vernon complained as he toss his pillows in the air while lying down on his bed. "Calm down. He is still your husband. Legally." Joshua stated then received a glare from his friend. "You should get back at him" Joshua said, swallowing a piece of his food completely. With that, Vernon sighed thinking all about his regrets as he close his eyes. Thinking peacefully and Joshua is happy to stay quiet to give Vernon some space but his sister isn't giving him anything at all.

"Hansol Oppa!!!" She shouted as she knock on the door. Vernon groaned and stood up to answer the door "What?" He said hurriedly because his mood just flew off moments ago. Sofia shifted to the tips of her toes and back to her heel alternately while looking up at her brother innocently "Do you want to have some snacks downstairs?" She said giving her best smile for Vernon to agree. "Sure" He simply said as he walk out the room. "Josh, you coming?" He asked, holding the doorknob as he is ready to close it. Joshua nod with his mouth full, placing back his take outs at the side and rush to Vernon and Sofia.

Sofia walked down the wooden stairs on bare feet with a tight grip on the glass railing as her soft long dress that easily flow in the air. Joshua and Vernon followed from behind and entered the dining room. "Sofia?" Vernon asked as he leaned in to whisper at her when he saw Seungkwan sitting on one of their dining chairs. She looked up at him with a clueless expression, making her hands tied together at her back. "I like to be friends with him" She replied, blinking her eyes telling Vernon that this isn't one of her schemes. Vernon took another close look but then he faced Seungkwan, who hasn't notice them enter since he was too busy looking down on his phone. 

"Seungkwan Oppa!" She greeted aloud with him waving back when he notice Sofia and smile back at her. He gaze up at Vernon but quickly look away while biting his bottom lip, nervously. "Guys take a seat" Sofia said back to Joshua and Vernon in english while she sat on the chair just infront of Seungkwan. Joshua quickly occupied the seat next to Sofia that made Vernon have no choice but to sit beside Seungkwan. It doesn't mean they only have four seats it's just that the setting was only prepared for four people. 

They've started eating and the atmosphere grew thick in silence while Sofia secretly look back at the couple infront of her that she notices that they have been stealing glances with each other but she can't tell if it was a good or bad thing at their expressions planted on their faces was quite hard to read. Cutting of the silence "Okay......." She said long enough to get everyone's attention. "Aren't you going to talk with each other?" She asked as she lift her eyebrow while shaking her head in confusion. "There's nothing to talk about Sofia" Vernon stated, laying back on his chair comfortably. She then saw Seungkwan gulp in anxiety as he just sit still on his chair with his eyes looking down on his plate of bread. She sighed, lowering down her head almost losing her faith on the two but then Joshua says "Have you ever tried scuba diving?" He asked Seungkwan, bolting him up to look at Joshua in surprise then he shook his head "I haven't.." He said then Joshua quickly replied back "Why not let's try it! And good thing is that Vernon likes to go scuba diving" Joshua cheered, nodding his head at the three for agreement. Sofia gasped and clapped her hands joyfully "That's a good idea! I'm gonna find the best place for scuba diving!!" She said happily and stood up from her chair and rush up the stairs to prepare their upcoming trip. 

"I'm sorry but I-" Seungkwan said worriedly but was cut off by Joshua. "Seungkwan, I know. This might be too fast but c'mon! Let's just chill" Joshua said, giving him a bright smile making Seungkwan gulped, crashing his head on both of his hands in defeat. 

Vernon who said nothing yet but he agreed because it's one of the places he relieves his problems around the world. He is just not quite sure if it would be the same with Seungkwan.