Three

That's Good Enough For Me

"I'm giving up," I declared.
It was breaktime, Wonho and I were having a smoke outside the restaurant. I wasn't that stressed, but I needed a drag anyways. 
He looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"You're giving up? What do you mean?"

"I'm giving up on Minhyuk."

Wonho inhaled too much smoke, then he started coughing. When he composed himself, he turned to me and said, "Are you freaking serious?" 

I nodded without a second thought.
"Yeah. I am. I think it's the end of the line for me."

Wonho got quiet, then he stared at the ground. He was about to say something, but then he hesitated. He continued staring at the ground for no reason. He took a long drag on his cigarette, and then he said what was on his mind.
"So what happens to us now?"

I honestly haven't thought about it. Now that I'm sure I was giving up on Minhyuk. What would happen to me and Wonho? Do we continue playing boyfriends? Or is it time to wrap up this show.
I glanced at his direction. His eyebrows were furrowed, and he was still staring at the ground. It was the first time I've seen him this troubled.
What do I really want with him? Is it time to acknowledge these feelings building up inside me that I'm trying hard to ignore? 

I wrapped an arm around his shoulder and said, "Let's just take it slow for now."


----

A month has passed when Minhyuk informed me that he was going on a trip with Bora. He had taken a leave at work. Bora invited him to have a vacation at her home on the countryside.
So they really were getting serious. To my own surprise, it didn't even bother me. I was actually pleased at how things were going between them.
At the end of the day, all I really want was for Minhyuk to be happy.
They would be gone for a week so I'll have the house all to myself.

Things between Wonho and I was still pretty much the same. I expected that things would start to be awkward between us. But it didn't. Wonho treats me just the same. He was still a big tease.
As for our relationship status though, I think I can say that we are in the "getting to know each other" stage.

We frequently hang out during weekends. 
Usually we just eat out, watch a movie (no romantic comedies), go to the beach, play games at the arcade, or he would come over the house and we would just talk about anything.
We would often talk about our lives. And by now, I have learned quite a few things about Wonho.

Just like me, he was also an only child.
His father was very strict and he wanted Wonho to be a lawyer just like him. But Wonho wasn't interested in that line of work. What he love to do was cook. It was his mother that taught him how. He was passionate about it and wanted a career out of it. 
His father didn't approve though.
So when he finished high school, he took off away from home.
He stayed in the city with his aunt, his mother's sister. She was affluent but unmarried. So she treats him like her own son. It's been years since the last time he talked to his father.
His mother calls him, she checks how he's doing from time to time.

We were both countryside boys who escaped to the city. 

----

I was sitting on my bed, reading a book, when I got a call from Wonho. The digital clock on my bedside table flashed that it was 10:30 PM.
I closed my book and answered. 

"What's up?"

"I can't sleep. And I miss you."

"We just saw each other like an hour ago Wonho. Clingy much?" 

Wonho chuckled. "Yeah I am. What are you doing?" 

"Reading a book."

"Can't sleep too?"

"Yeah."

"Hmmm," he hummed. He seemed to be contemplating about something. "Where are we going this weekend?"

I cast my book aside and laid down. I gave it a thought. Where are we going this weekend? I still have no idea.

"I don't know. Got anything in mind?" I said. 

"Want to come over?"

"Seriously?"

"Uh-huh."

I thought about it for a while. I've known Wonho for quite a long time now but I have never set foot in his house. Should I push through with it?
Minhyuk would be away for a week. I would surely get lonely at home. 
And besides I got nothing better to do, so why not. 

"Promise you won't jump me?"

"It depends." Wonho laughed. And then he continued, "My aunt wants to meet you."

----


We were inside Wonho's car, on the way to their house. My palms were sweating like crazy. I couldn't keep my nerves calm. Why am I even so nervous? This was just his aunt I am going to meet.
What do I expect his aunt would be like? I hope she likes peaches. I've bought them at the supermarket this morning. Wonho insisted it wasn't necessary but I refuse to go there empty-handed.

"How do I look?" I asked him. I keep glancing at myself on the side view mirror of the car. 

"You look great. Don't worry." Wonho squeezed my hand gently. "My aunt will love you."

Even though we're not even officially a couple, I really do hope that his aunt would like me.


We finally arrived at their house. And my eyes bulged in amusement at the sight of it.
The house was huge. It was like a mansion. Like the ones you only see on TV. 

"Are you sure you live here?" I asked incredulously.

Wonho shook his head.
"No. Of course not. I just do this for fun. I bring all my lovers in here and pretend I'm rich. But in reality I'm just a psychopath."
He said it so seriously it seemed almost believable.

"You're not helping!" I snapped. 

Wonho laughed. "Will you please relax Hyungwon?" 

We went inside, and a man clad in an all-black uniform welcomed us. 

"Good afternoon sirs," the man said.

They even have a butler. How freaking cool is that!

"Yo~ ahjussi. Where's auntie?" Wonho asked. Then he handed the man the basket of peaches I was holding. 

"She's in the garden waiting for you sir. If you could just follow me, this way please."

The man lead us to the garden. I am in awe with everything I saw. I've never been to a house like this before. Wonho's aunt was on a whole other level.

There was a round ceramic table in the middle of the garden, it was full of mouthwatering food. Wonho's aunt was already seated, she was reading a book. 
She looked up when we appeared.

"Wonho my dear~" she said.

"Hey auntie."
Wonho gave his aunt a chaste kiss on the cheek.
Then he turned towards me and grabbed my hand, "This is Hyungwon. My boyfriend."

It felt like all the air was knocked out off of me. Did he just say that I'm his boyfriend? I gulped the invisible lump in my throat.
"Good afternoon ma'am."

His aunt waved a hand in the air and said,
"Oh, enough with the formality. Just call me Aunt Mari."

Aunt Mari, as she would like to be called, was unexpectedly pretty chill for a woman of her status. She was the complete opposite of her extravagant house. She was down-to-earth and easy to get along with. She liked to share stories about her misadventures when she was still young, her hearty laugh was contagious. 

I was amazed at how easily she accepted me as Wonho's boyfriend. Or the fact that it was alright with her for Wonho to be with a man.
Aunt Mari seemed to sense what I was thinking, because she opened up about how she had a few close cousins that married the same gender. They were all living overseas.

After our pleasant meal, Aunt Mari excused herself to take care of business matters. She told me to feel at home and enjoy myself.
Wonho took me up to his room. It was bigger than our whole apartment.
We sat by the porch, while sipping on tea.
The sun was already setting in the distance.

"So, how many lovers have you brought in here?" I asked.

Wonho silently counted with his fingers. All ten of them.
"One," he finally said.

"Ye~ah right. And I'm Lee Junki. I'm asking you seriously."

"And I am serious. You're the only one. I swear."
I refuse to believe, but he looked me straight in the eye when he said it. Even I can tell he was indeed being serious.
"You should be proud 'cause you're my first," he added. 

I bowed my head and swayed my arm, "It's an honor your majesty."

We both laughed. We stared at each other for a moment. 

"I really want to kiss you right now." Wonho suddenly said. 

That made me blink profusely, with my mouth hanging open. 
I was taken aback with the sudden statement.
Wonho scooted next to me and leaned closer.
"Can I?" he asked.

Without answering, I closed my eyes and waited.
I didn't have to wait long though, the kiss came in an instant. He kissed me hard on the lips. 
First it was deep but then it softened, he was careful enough not to make me uncomfortable.
I felt his mouth form a small smile while we were still kissing. We parted when we needed to catch our breaths. 

Wonho rubbed his right thumb gently on my swollen lips. 
"I love you Chae Hyungwon."


I stared into his eyes. His gorgeous tantalizing eyes.
"I---I think I love you too Wonho."

Wonho flashed his signature smile and said, "That's good enough for me."