I CAN'T THINK RIGHT

MY GIRLFRIEND'S BESTFRIEND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon's POV


Despite all the lecturing I received from my own alter ego. I still found myself texting my apartment address last night. I also already informed my boss that I can’t make it to work today. 


After doing all the cooking, I quickly take a shower and lightly powdered my face and put some lip tint.

 
‘Park Jiyeon let me just remind you that this is a business-related meeting, not a date’ my alter ego scolded me


I rolled my eyes. 


I know that this is only a business-related meeting. I just don’t want her to think that her Bestfriend’s girlfriend looks ugly. I reasoned to myself


‘I know, you know the real reason’ my alter ego fired back


Before I could kill myself because of having an antagonist alter ego, I decided to went out my room and on cue my doorbell rung.


I quickly looked at the monitor to see a very gorgeous girl waiting in front of my door. Before opening the door, I made sure too look at the body mirror first. Just to see my face being all red again. 
I don’t know what I'm feeling righy now.

I’m feeling nervous but at the same time I am feeling excited. 


‘Someone’s excited to see her girlfriend’s bestfriend. Isn’t that uncommon?’ my alter ego striked back again 


I just ignored it and decided to finally open the door. I don’t want my future girlfriend I mean, girl-friend wait. 


“Annyeong” I greeted her with the sweetest smile that I can give when I open the door


She’s wearing a navy blue polo shirt with a small logo in the right chest, white lines around the arms and collar hems. Black jeans and another black suede DC shoes. Her choice of clothes keep on surprising me. If I don’t know that she’s a company owner I would probably think that she’s also a high fashion model.

She can pull out this cool but at the same time feminine look. And her black hair was tied in messy pony that suits her so damn well. 


‘Great, you just checked her out again’ that’s my  alter ego messing my imagination again.


Okay, I admit it!  I just did. I am not denying it anymore. 


“Have you eaten?” I asked her, inviting her inside my apartment


I led her to the dining table. Afraid that she might refuse eating with me if I didn’t directly led her here. When she doesn’t answer, I stop to look back at her. I noticed how she is also checking out what I’m wearing and she quickly glances away. 


I can’t help but to slip out a little smirk on my face.


I knew it. She’s checking me out, too


I’m wearing e short shorts and a black shirt. I’m not a kind of person who wears too revealing clothes. I don’t also want her to think that I’m seducing her. 


‘Really, huh?’ my alter ego it in again


And I also just don’t want to be too formal in front of her and the same way for her to me. Like, I want her to know that I can be a friend. Her friend


“Well, I hope you are hungry” I grinned while pulling a chair for her to sit


“You cooked all of this?” she asked confused


I gave her a shy smile and answered “yes”


“You cooked a lot. I think this is for more than two persons."


I just smiled at her comment “I eat more than what you expect” I said proudly. 

Well, that's true. No one can beat my appetite when it comes to food.


While eating we talked about stuffs, like her friendship with Eunjung unnie. I didn’t even noticed that we finished all the foods that I prepared. Maybe she noticed how I smiled while looking at her finishing the remaining foods that I put on her plate. 


After chugging a mouthful of orange juice, she let out a deep sigh followed by a burp. Which I heard and made laughing.


“I can’t believe we ate all of that” she exclaimed
And I can’t also believe that she laughed with me. Its like she is allowing me to see the other sides of her personality. I’m too mesmerized that I did not notice that I’ve been looking at her, still with smile plastered on my lips. 


“Why are you looking at me like that?” she asked, also wearing her beautiful smile


I don’t know what’s happening to me, I lean forward and stare at her.


“Because you’re such a beautiful view to stare at” I answered without any hesitation


“I got that a lot” she responded with silly grin followed by a wink


I don’t know why but, I got frustrated from what she did. I stood up and walk slowly to her until my face is only inches away from her.


I can notice her slowly moving back but she is still composed, as usual. But when I unintentionally released a hot breath that I’ve been holding for a long time, her smile vanished. It seems like we are being hypnotized that we can’t stop staring at each others eyes.


I gulped when her gaze shifts from staring into my eyes, to my nose, and finally down my lips. Unconsciously, I wet my lips feeling its drying. I immediately noticed her discomfort from what I did but she doesn’t looked away. Instead, she leaned closing the gap between us and our lips almost touched. 


Yes. A L M O S T


My phone suddenly rung, stopping us from almost doing it. 


And instead of feeling guilt for kissing this girl who’s been the reason for my constant jealousy towards the years, I feel disappointed that we got interrupted. 


I seriously, can’t understand what I feel right now. 


I emphatically closed my eyes and cursed inwardly with frustration. She’s already looking aw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter