Reunion

Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After confirming multiple times that Byunghun would not be coming to the reunion, Yoonju dressed herself for the dinner party and grabbed the wine that she bought for her high school friend, Lia who was hosting. She finally knew why back then some people had refrained from dating their high school sweethearts; if you broke up, you were bound to see each other again due to the mutual friends you had. It always went back to the same circle. She was ecstatic for the school reunion; she wanted to know how life went on for the others and how much had changed since their teen days. But the reunion also meant having Byunghun around and she was not ready for that by looking at her reaction a few weeks back.

 

Not a day was missed where she didn’t send a text to Lia in order to confirm who had RSVP the event and it was safe to say that her effort was worth it because there she was in front of Lia’s door, beautifully dressed with a bottle of wine in her hand ringing the doorbell.

 

***

“I thought you were going to show up with Byunghun.” Yoonju froze in her seat when one of her friends uttered the sentence. She flashed a faint smile as she continued to cut her steak into pieces.

 

“We broke up two years ago.” She tried to keep herself compose as the others were gobsmacked to hear the news. It wasn’t a surprise to her considering everyone had thought they would marry each other and she thought so too, but it was apparent that Byunghun didn’t think the same. 


All thoughts were halted when the doorbell rang and everyone turned to look at each other. “Is there someone else coming? I thought everyone’s here.” Lia asked and everyone no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter