// blue //

Book of Color: Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Blue; the Color of Love

 

Taehyung hummed cheerfully as he busied his small hands with multiple coloring pencils, filling up the blank sheet with different hues all at once. The brunet was moving freely but at the same time, was careful so that the colors were not mixed together.

Jimin paused momentarily to stare at him in awe, thinking how amazing his Taetae was to be able to do that. As he resumed his coloring, he spared a quick glance to his right, where a toddler was sandwiched between him and Taehyung. Apparently, Jungkook was in the middle of choosing the color for his sky. And Jimin thought it was cute when he saw the kid took green.

It was another dizzying summer afternoon where the sun was scorching hot, and the air was too thin for them to be playing outside. In this kind of weather, Taehyung and Jimin literally had no other choices than to spend it under the roof of their house. And that meant they had to count Jungkook in as well, whether they liked it or not.

Both Taehyung and Jimin loved the younger boy dearly – that was undeniable. The problem, however, was that Jungkook was too young (and frail and ‘cry-baby’, as Taehyung named him) to be included in their circle.

There was this one time when they were blamed because they had made the five-years-old child cried his heart out for some unknown reason. The three of them were playing hide-and-seek inside when things happened (which Taehyung and Jimin were not even sure of), and later they found Jungkook with a bleeding arm and tearful face. Of course, no matter what excuse they came up with, they were still grounded by their parents for it.

“You can’t use the color green for sky.”

Taehyung high pitch voice broke the gentle silence. “Use the color blue,” he said, nudging the blue pencil color towards the youngest.

“Don’t wanna. ‘Like it green,” Jungkook babbled, ignoring the other completely.

“But that’s wrong! Look outside. The sky is blue—”

“Leave him be, Taetae. You used to do the same thing when we were younger. You colored the plant black once!” Jimin giggled, remembering the dumb face the brunet made every time he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter