Act II: 고양이

The Prince and the Pesky Feline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Act II: 고양이

`

 

Mae quickly walked away, feeling her heart beat rapidly.

"What a ing prince." She sighed and pulled out another lollipop, sticking the er in and checking her phone. She had 10 minutes until World History. She her teeth and rolled her eyes. " it." She strolled over to the school vending machine and dialed the code for a soda. As she waited for the soda, she pulled back out her phone and texted her friend, Lisa.

Mae: Hey. Let's skip.

Lisa: Hell no! Namjoon is attending second period. ^^

Mae: What happened to the Bhuwakul guy?

Lisa: Turns out he's gay. Damn Yugyeom, stealing all my men. smh

Mae: I told you. Whatever, I'll see you in class

Lisa: Yup

Mae crouched down and grabbed the soda out of the vending machine when she heard a loud voice.

"Hey look! It's Mae Cha!" It was Namjoon. He ran towards her with Jackson and Mark trailing behind.

"Jesus... the clown, the thief, and the prince?" Mae furrowed her eyebrows and sipped her drink while looking down at her phone, signaling she wasn't interested.

"Hey Mae." Namjoon beamed, now standing right in front of her. She glanced up and then back at her phone. Namjoon sighed and repeated himself. "Hey Mae." She finally put her phone in her pocket and looked up at the happy male.

"What is it, Kim." She asked, looking over and nodding a hello at Mark and Jackson. Mark quickly broke the eye contact and blushed, while Jackson was too focused on the conversation to nod back.

"Are you coming to second period?" Namjoon asked excitedly.

"Mmhm." Mae pursed her lips and raised her eyebrows sarcastically.

"Sweet! Wanna sit by me?"

"Nah, I'll pass. Keep trying though." She patted Namjoon's shoulder before walking past them and to her classroom.

"She's so hot." Namjoon cooed as he watched the girl walk away.

"She's so y." Mark countered, looking at his friend with furrowed eyebrows.

"If she's so y, why were you blushing the whole time?" Namjoon elbowed him and chuckled as he began to walk to class. Mark pouted and followed, ignoring his friend's teasing. Jackson trailed behind them as he wondered why he suddenly felt irritated at the two.

 

Mae opened the classroom door, causing the classroom to pause all action before quickly averting their gaze back to what they were doing. Mae rolled her eyes and looked at the clock on the wall.

'3 minutes...' Mae thought. She sighed thinking the day couldn't go by any slower. She walked over to the desk in the far back corner and plopped down in her seat. 'This better not be Prince's seat cuz I'm not moving this time.' she crossed her arms and sipped her soda. The classroom door opened once again with Jackson, Mark, and Namjoon walking in. All the girls (minus Mae) squealed and giggled, earning a scoff from Mae.

Jackson found himself automatically searching for Mae's seat. Once his eyes spotted her, he immediately felt his heart pick up its pace.

'Crap,' he thought. 'She's sitting in my seat again. He bit his lip and decided to sit at the seat next to her, since the desk could sit two people. He pulled out the chair and sat hesitantly, keeping his eye glued to the front of the room.

'What the hell?' Mae raised her eyebrows and eyed the boy, hoping he would look at her and realize she was glaring.

"What are you doing?" she finally asked, when things got more awkward than it already was. Jackson froze while still gazing towards the front of the classroom. Mae sighed, now irritated. "Who said you could sit here?"

"You're sitting in my seat. I don't need your permission to sit next to you." he retorted, now squinting his eyes back at the girl. 

"What the hell? Why here? Go sit by your little thief and clown friend." Mae nudged him as if it was enough to get him to go away. 

"You're in my seat." Jackson replied. He crossed his arms indicating that he wasn't going to budge. Mae's eye twitched from anger and she crossed her arms too.

"Well I'm not moving."

"Neither am I."

"Why do you have to act like such a God damn prince?"

"What?"

"You think you own the school because you've got everyone fooled by your little nice-guy routine. I'm not buying it."

"Mae-ssi, wh-"

"Drop the honorifics, prince. I told you I'm not falling for your act." Jackson rolled his eyes.

"Mae, why are you so convinced I'm acting? Has it ever occurred to you that some people are actually nice unlike you?"

"Excuse me?!"

"You have no right to say that I act like I own the school when you think you're so cool you don't have to attend class or give anyone a second glance. You're stuck-up, Mae."

"You have no room to talk. You walk around putting on that fake smile of yours just so you could get everyone to like you. But guess what, I see right through it. In reality, you're just a neglected little rich boy where everyone expects the greatest from you and you do it just so you could satisfy people who don't actually care. And even you don't care. You're actually just spoiled and selfish. I can tell that the whole act is fake. So don't go calling me stuck-up when I'm just being myself and honest." She laughed and shook her head. "What a ing prince."

"Stop calling me that."

"What, only your fans can call you Prince? I'm so sorry." She puffed out her bottom lip and that's when Jackson had enough.

"You're such a ." Jackson stood up and picked up his bookbag, storming past the teacher and out of the classroom. Mae watched as he left and everyone's eyes were now on her. She felt tears threat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter