Act I: 왕자

The Prince and the Pesky Feline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Act I: 왕자 

 

It was Monday; Jackson Wang's least favorite day of the week. It was time to go back to school where everyone would expect so much from him.

"Jackson, what are your thoughts on the school's uniform regulation?"

"Jackson, what do you think should be the school's mascot?"

"Jackson, can you help me carry these papers?"

"Jackson, please work out this equation."

"Jackson, Jackson, JACKSON!"

 

Jackson shot up from the bed and slammed his hand on the buzzing alarm clock beside him. "Ow..." he groaned. It was 6:00 and he had a lot to do this morning. Jackson rose from his king-sized bed and trudged to his bathroom, turning on the faucet. He rinsed his face and immediately he felt more awake. He walked to his closet and pulled out his school uniform; navy blue blazer, white undershirt, black pants, and a crimson necktie. He combed his hair and slicked it back to achieve his signature "prince-like" look. After brushing his teeth and slipping on his socks, he quickly went downstairs to be greeted by a stack of pancakes at the dining table.

"Thanks, Eomma," he said with a smile as he pecked his mother's cheek who was standing at the kitchen counter. His mother looked up from her phone for a moment and her teeth.

"Aish Jackson, you didn't shave properly." She leaned over and brushed her thumb over the barely even noticeable stubble forming on Jackson's upper lip. Jackson lowered the fork of pancakes and furrowed his eyebrows.

"I just shaved last night." he defended, leaning away from his mother's hand.

"Well, you didn't do it correctly. Go on, go upstairs and shave. We don't want you looking like Shaggy now do we?" She checked the time on her phone and rolled her eyes. "Hurry up. You only have 6 minutes." 

"Yes, Eomma..." Jackson mumbled before jogging back upstairs and into his bathroom. After taking care of his facial hair, he quickly ran back downstairs to attend the untouched plate of pancakes. Right as he lifted his fork, his mother came from the living room with her phone to her ear. Her eyes widened when she saw him and she put her hand over the phone.

"Jackson!" He dropped his fork on his plate and tightened his lips in annoyance.

"Yes, Eomma?" he asked, forcing a smile and turning towards her.

"The chauffeur is waiting in front of the house! No time to eat! Go out there!" She threw him his bookbag and pushed him towards the front door. "You be good, now. I won't be home until late and Appa won't be home either. Work is tight today, sweetie." Jackson nodded and slipped on his shoes. "Make good choices." She hastily kissed his cheek before shoving him out of the door.

Jackson sighed and wiped the dark red lipstick off of his cheek as he made his way to the car. He hopped in and greeted the chauffeur. "Good morning, Jun-ssi."

"Good morning Jackson. You're looking dapper this morning." Jun said as he glanced in the rear view mirror. Jackson chuckled.

"Thank you." He gazed out the window and watched the trees and houses quickly flying by. He finally arrived in front of the school and he hopped out, making sure to wave goodbye to the chauffeur. He his heel and before he even got past the front door, he was stopped by a group of girls. He was taken aback when they suddenly stepped in front of him with red cheeks. "Good morning, ladies." he said politely as he attempted to sidestep them. Instead, they stepped in front of him once again, and this time shoved one of the girls into him. "Oh!" He put his hands on the girl's shoulder's and helped her balance herself. "Are you okay?" The girl looked up at him with bright red cheeks.

"Um, uh..." She quickly stepped back and bowed, holding a tiny bag of cookies in front of her. "I really like you Prince Jackson!" she confessed, still bowing. Jackson raised his eyebrows and slightly cringed at the nickname. He masked his uncomfortableness with a light smile.

"Thank you, Somi." The girl looked up and gasped when he said her name, surprised that he would know her. Somi's friend's giggled behind her. "But... I can't accept the gift. And I'm afraid I can't return the feelings." Somi's bottom lip began to quiver as tears swelled in her eyes. "I'm terribly sorry." he apologized genuinely before walking pass the girls. Jackson rubbed the back of his neck as he walked through the halls, feeling guilty for making her feel bad. Whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter