Chapter 2

Book 1

"So.. You're thinking of moving to Australia to do what now?" My bestfriend questioned me when I was planning my future.

 

"The lecturer has an opening for an internship at a private practice. Plus, he said I was gifted with these skills of mine so I thought, why not" I shrugged as I did further research on the said company.

 

"Why all of a sudden? I mean.. It's one thing when you took physiotherapy as a degree out of a sudden but it's another thing to suddenly take this up. I mean, yeah I know you have always wanted to experience life outside of Seoul which explains why you took the English subject so seriously but I thought you scraped that idea long ago after your aunt's funeral" She rambled on. I rolled my eyes at her as I focused my attention on my phone.

 

"Sasha… come on. Does it have to do with Jonghyun?" Right there was the reason why she's my bestfriend. She knows everything about me even when I know she'll judge me but I trusted her enough to know that she'll still stick by me no matter how screwed up I've become along with her non-stop nagging.

 

"Seol-ah, it's been months and he's engaged since then. I just need a fresh start where I don’t meet someone whom I've slept with or someone that I've wronged. Yeah, Seoul is huge and the possibility of me running into them is like 1-100 but.. I just can't stay here any longer" I sighed. I looked at my fingers and saw the empty spaces between them.

 

I'm 25, single and not done with my degree, and I am depressed about a boy. When was I this pathetic?

 

"I just… I hate myself for what I've done. I'm not like this and knowing that I have it in me… I don't know how I can live with myself" I buried my face into my hands. Forget about having trust issues with someone, how am I ever going to trust myself ever again.

 

"Sasha… come on. Moment of stupidity doesn’t mean you're any less human. Look, as your best friend, I support you on this. Only if you would call me every day so that I know you're safe" I gave her a teary smile and rolled my eyes at her clingy best friend syndrome.

 

"I love you, you know that" She flipped her hair like a diva that she is and chuckled while wiping my tears away.