daunting

Shimmer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



THERE ARE THINGS that are hard to avoid and change, even if you tried to wish upon a star. This, of course, includes unnecessary attraction (towards a particular silvered-hair man in this case) which I feel are simply a waste of time.

"I'm telling you, we should get the multi-v instead, it's lychee flavoured!"

It's around half past seven in the late evening and the three of us- Sooyoung, Yeri and myself were backstage, standing right in front of a vending machine. These two indecisive friends can't seem to make up their mind on what flavours to get since they had agreed to get the same. Now, this wouldn't be a problem if we weren't standing here for at least 10 minutes already and many staffs were giving us weird looks as they pass by. Not to mention the fact that we had to gather in our respective waiting rooms very soon.

"But what if I—"

Before Sooyoung could finish, I went forward and pressed the button for the multi-v option. The vending machine beeped softly in response and with a "clank", the sound of the bottle being dispensed is heard loudly as I bent down slightly to retrieve the drink.

"You didn't even let me choose!" She cries at me, as though I had just committed a heinous crime. "Don't be such a baby. The fact that unnie had made the right choice to listen to me instead of you won't change, so it up." Yeri remarks as she sticks her tongue out at Sooyoung. Pushing the drink into her hands, I rolled my eyes.

"Yah, if I had waited for both of you to finally make up your mind, I could have hitchhiked to Mount Fuji and came back by the time both of you are done."

"I swear you're such a drama queen sometimes unnie," Yeri comments, grabbing the leftover money she held in her palm and slotting it into the machine, she chooses another multi-v vitamin water for herself. "Ugh if I get sick of this later, you're going to pay me somehow," Sooyoung says as she opens the cap of the bottle and takes a sip.

Ignoring her comment, I twirled my finger around locks of my hair as I contemplated on what to get before eventually deciding on the essential option. My hair had been dyed in a soft brown colour, like the bark of an oak tree, not dark but simply gentle in any light, which is pretty- at least in my eyes. And as stupid as it sounds, my choice of drink was determined simply because the drink was orange coloured as well as orange flavoured.

I'm pretty sure I've made myself obvious on what colour I like by now.

"I'm assuming you're getting the orange one."

Jumping slightly at the sudden unfamiliar voice, I turned my head slightly to see Jimin standing behind me. From my peripheral vision, I could see Sooyoung choking on her drink at the unexpected presence of the intruder with Yeri hastily patting her back while she tries to regain composure.

Giving Jimin a strange look, it's still a mystery to me as to how he always manages to make my heart race faster with his mere appearance.

"Uh, you alright there?" He stares at Sooyoung with a concerned look on his face.

Coughing once more, she manages to nod her head and mumbles, "Fine."

"Oh, would you look at the time! Joy and I need to go to the washroom before we gather back in the room so, see you back in the waiting room later unnie!" Yeri says in a rush. With a quick flash of teeth as she smiles and waves us a goodbye, she flees the scene dragging poor Sooyoung who barely recovered from the choking earlier along with her.

Of course, being the playful devil herself, she blows a kiss in my direction and shoots me a wink behind Jimin's back before heading into the direction of our waiting room.

Yuuup. I'm one-hundred percent sure that someone's going to suffer a slow, painful death when I get back, no doubt.

"So.. Hi."

Oh my god. Was his voice always so.. nice? It's not very husky or deep, but it's sweet, and very, very beautiful. Why am I so anxious again? He's just a boy.

Just a boy.

Lifting my gaze to meet his, I look up at Jimin standing a few metres away from me, his back leaning against the wall right beside the machine. With his soft looking-lips tugged upwards forming a small smile, it's just enough to create a couple creases around his eyelids.

I know I sound like a teenage fangirl right now, however, it's hard to ignore, he looks so cute.

"Hi Jimin-ssi, you're finished with rehearsal too?" I ask, surprised at how calm my voice sounded. Score one for Seulgi!

"Yeah," he replies. "I lost to a bet to some of my members.. So here I am, forced to pay for the drinks." He steps forward with slight furrows between his brows.

Nodding my head in understanding, I proceeded to fish out coins from my pouch as I had yet to purchase my drink. My hands dug into the pouch, yet I could feel nothing.

That's weird— my brows knitted together.

It then dawned on me that I had given the two maknaes all my coins without realizing that there wasn't enough for myself.

Noticing my sudden pause in movements and hesitation, Jimin reached his hands into his pocket and plopped a few coins into the machine before selecting the essential option.

With my eyes widened, I winced and shot him a look of panic before apologizing to him in embarrassment, realizing what he had just done.

"Sorry!" I squeak, feeling guilty that he had forked out his own money.

Geez, what am I doing? I should've been the one to pay for his drink instead since I had yet to do something for him in return for his help previously.. Mentally smacking myself, I thought about how I should give him my thanks properly again.

Oh god, Seulgi, you're officially awarded the prize of the most embarrassing person in the whole entire planet.

"...You know, I don't think you're over the last time I've helped you out for the collaboration stage and me lending you my shirt," he chuckles, "you didn't have to make that face." He continues, retrieving the bottle from the machine. "You're probably anxious and thinking that you'll have to repay me somehow with thanks again, right?"

Baffled, I could only continue to stare at him with a fixed expression.

"Ah, I guess I hit it right on the mark? Oh no, I think I'm already becoming a Seulgi-ssi expert," Jimin laughs quietly.

"I offered help because I wanted to do it so don't worry about it, here." He offers the drink to me. 

Taking the bottle from his hands, I mumble a thank you to him and watch silently as he proceeds to buy his drinks.

...That's amazing. Jimin-ssi, I don't know how but I just keep on receiving from you.

Onc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter