consciousness

Shimmer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


LIKE AN IMAGE engraved upon her heart— she remembers.

"Oh god, I'm beat." Lisa exclaimed in english while collapsing dramatically onto the floor.

It was only one day before the annual SBS Gayo Daejun, and a bunch of the other idols, including myself had just finished our intense practice which left everyone in the room panting for air.

"Aw come on, it ain't that bad." Ten chuckled, looking down at her while handling her a towel.

The show had initiated different large scale collaborations, one of it was the street dance team which I was involved in. The whole collab thing was pretty cool actually– I mean I got the opportunity to get to know a load of other idols I've never spoken to and it was amazing to see all of us working together to perform as one.

"Lisa! We're going to leave you if you don't hurry," I hollered as I held the door for the girls in the team while they slowly got out of the practice room as we decided to get drinks from the vending machine earlier. Scrambling to her feet and rushing towards the door, Lisa shot me a cheeky grin before hooking her arms with YooA, dragging her to the front.

 

Twisting the bottle cap open and lifting the drink to my mouth, I gulped down the sports drink to quench my thirst. Lisa stared intently at me as we trailed behind the duo, Eunji and YooA who were right infront of us on our way back to the room.

"What?" I said, wiping my mouth with the corners of my sleeves.

"Seulgi unnie, have you ever seen someone sparkled before? Maybe not literally but.." she trailed.

"Like everything that person does is attractive, in that sense."

I widened my eyes and smiled brightly, "Are you actually talking about having someone you like?"

"Omo, who is it?"

Flushing, Lisa started looking around to make sure no one had heard us.

"N-no!" She stuttered.

"Oh my god is it Te-"

In a swift moment, she abruptly covered my mouth with unintentional force, pushing me backwards as I felt my body crash into something sturdy.

Splash!

...wait wha-? Why the heck does my back feel wet?

", I'm sorry! Are you okay?" A voice sputtered from behind me.

—Ah, it's Bangtan's Jimin sunbaenim.

"Holy, you've done it now Jiminie," snickered Jungkook as he appeared by his side, with the rest of the group following behind to observe the ruckus made.

"Nice going chimchim, the floor's wet because of you, you idiot," Taehyung remarked.

Sensing how their bantering wouldn't be ending anytime soon, I turned to look at Lisa who looked flabbergasted. "Unnie your back is all wet!" she cried.

"Oh.. It's fine. I'll go borrow a shirt and change, grab a mop in the meantime for me will you?" I said as I looked down at my now half empty drink.

"Wait," Jimin spoke up as he walked over to us.

"I'm the one who spilled water on you, leave it to me."

Ruffling through his duffle bag, he grabbed an oversized grey shirt and held it out towards me, "Here, take mine for now."

Nervously looking at him, I realized this was the very first time we've interacted, apart from the usual greetings we did when we saw each other. Only managing to nod my head, I hesitantly took the shirt from his hands. 
Before I could even thank him, Namjoon had called him over to clean up the mess, not forgetting to smack him on the head- playfully of course. Oh well, guess this is where we make our exit then.

Looking back at their group for one last time, I pulled on Lisa's arm and dragged her away from the scene to catch up with the oblivious duo.

It feels kind of weird to be in a situation where I'm actually involved with them, considering they're all people who are out of my reach. I mean we're all idols, but Bangtan? They're kind of a big deal and they stand out.. a lot.


 

"Yah, what took you guys so long? I thought you guys dropped in a toliet bowl or something," Jinyoung joked.

Giving him a light hearted glare, I threw my damp long sleeved shirt into my bag, "So.. shall we resume practice?"

Groaning, Yugyeom rolled on the floor and started mumbling incoherent excuses about how his muscles weren't ready for another round.

Just then— Ten, whom I didn't realize was gone, came into the room with a conflicted expression.

"Actually guys, looks like we have another crew to train with.. Apparently we will be having one last closing stage and we're going to be practicing with them here in less half an hour's time."

"What?" Eunji shoots up with an incredulous expression. "Are you serious? That's so sudden for us!"

I sighed. Like we weren't already swamped with our individual performances, the street dance performance and other special stages we were assigned to perform. It's fine. We could do it. As someone with seven trainee years of experience, there's bound to be such situations that I had to be prepared for. Then again, us idols are always the ones dealing with such mishaps. It's not like we're given a choice not to either.

"Who's going to be–" Jinyoung started speaking, only to be interrupted by the door opening, with tons of other idols slowly flooding into the room one by one.

Upon seeing Lisa, Momo whom just entered the room, went forward and tackled her from the back with a huge smile, "Yay we're going to be having a collab together pokpak!"

Fighting off a grin, Lisa gave her friend a quick hug and started chatting animatedly with her. I took this time to scan the room, going over all the familiar faces I see often and finally- my gaze landed on Jimin.

Oh? He's here too?

As though he heard my thoughts, he turned his head towards my direction and we locked eyes.

Sending me an apologetic look, he looked like he hadn't gotten over the incident from earlier. I was just about to mouth a reply to him when the choreographer's sharp voice tugged my head to the left to look at her.

"Alright listen up! Since everyone is already here, I'll be starting immediately."

"I'm sorry that this is all so last minute but I hope all of you will give your best to learn the moves before rehearsal tomorrow, let's do this together!"



 

 

A series of "finally(s)" chorused throughout the whole practice room as the choreographer gave one last reminder on practising the moves at our own time before tomorrow. Everyone couldn't wait to get out of this hell hole as they grabbed their towels and sauntered out of the room.

Everyone except me I suppose?

I mean it's not like I had trouble catching up with the others, I just had a teeny tiny mix-up on the different moves during the two different verses... And now I have no idea who I'm going to approach for help seeing all the idols left in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter