Beautiful Liar

Beautiful Liar

"Why don't you just break up with Jungkook?"

"Shut up V."Jimin whispered, he looked up at Jungkook, seeing the younger boy picking at his food and taking a few bites.

Jimin spotted the younger boy's bruise by his left eye, Jimin frowned and looked down at his food, also taking a few bites.

"I'm so sorry Kookie."

                                                                  ******

"Umm, hyung, I'm gonna sleep on the couch tonight," whispered Jungkook as his eyes were cast on the floor, he didn't want to look into Jimin's eyes, not after what he had did to him before.
"If...if it's okay with you."

"I-I understand." Jimin replied, he could tell Jungkook was growing afraid of him. He couldn't blame the younger boy as he starting to avoid him a bit.
"Have a goodnight’s rest, Kookie."

"Goodnight hyung." Jungkook said softly, as he walked towards the couch, laid down, and fell asleep.

Jimin left to his room and came back with a blanket that he placed on top of Jungkook.

He stared at the younger boy, seeing he was sleeping soundly like a baby, his body almost curled like a ball, with a faint smile on his lips.

Jimin leaned into the younger boy, he moved a loose strand of hair in the back of the boy's ear and kissed his cheek.

"Know I still love you Kookie." Jimin whispered and moved away from the boy.
"And...I'm sorry for hurting you..."

Jimin then returned to his bedroom where he laid down on his bed and fell asleep.

Alone in the empty room with no one for him to keep company.

                                                                      ******

"Jimin, you can't keep lying to yourself!" V said, stern."You know Jungkook is afraid of you and will leave you soon."

"If you weren't so controlling of me, Kookie wouldn't be so afraid of me!" Jimin retorted, then saw V’s mouth curl into a smirk.


"I like to control you, I can handle this relationship my way instead of you trying to deal with it, like a calm person." V explained.

"Why do you have to stick with me? Why can’t you find someone better than me to control and ruin their lives instead?!” Jimin demanded.

"You think it's that easy for me to move on to a new person? Think again Jimin, I'm here because you need to me to do you a favor when your supposed lover leaves you." V replied. "You'll soon thank me for this."


"No I won't, and Kookie won't leave me! He still loves me and I love him back, there's no way you can get between us!" Jimin shouted.

"If that's what you think then fine, I won't say I told you so..." V replied with a smirk and a shrug then disappeared.

                                                                      ******
"Hyung!"

Jimin woke up when he heard Jungkook scream, Jimin ran out of his room then to the living room where he saw the younger boy tossing his head back and crying in his sleep.

"Kookie?" Jimin asked worriedly, petting the boy's head to calm him down.

"Jimin hyung...stop...please…” Jungkook mumbled.

Jimin looked at the younger boy in confusion and stopped petting.

"...please...stop hitting me...it hurts..."

Jimin pulled Jungkook into a hug, he felt the boy slowly calm down and slightly hug back.

"I'm sorry Kookie.." Jimin whispered. “...I'm sorry for hurting you last night...I didn't mean it...know that wasn't me...know I would never hurt you..."

"Hyung...I'm sorry...for avoiding you..." Jungkook murmured in response.

"Shh...it's okay Kookie...I know you still love me...I know you'll be with me always." Jimin then saw the younger boy slowly letting go and drifting off to sleep.

Jimin laid Jungkook back down on the couch then left to his room again.

"I'm sorry hyung...I'm sorry...for not loving you like I used to..."
  
                                                            ******

                                                     One Year Later

Jimin put his hands on his head while Jungkook sat across from him, looking down at the kitchen table.

"So…” Jimin spoke, his voice sounded hurt and low. Jungkook could feel the sadness in Jimin's voice and he knew Jimin would find out sooner or later that Jungkook was planning to move to another place...with another man.

"...How long have you and...Yoongi...been together?"

"I...it's...been three years..."Jungkook answered.

"I always believed you loved me back Kookie...why did you have to hurt me like this?" Jimin asked.

  

                                                        Jimin’s Flashback

I waited for Jungkook to come back home from a long day of dance practice.

I saw the bedroom door open and Jungkook walked into the room with his head down, looking a little bit sad and worried.

"Kookie…” I said when he failed to say anything. He looked up at me, his face was suddenly so emotionless. As if he didn’t feel anything in that moment. "...are you okay?”

Jungkook handed me a dark blue envelope. I looked up at him for answers and instead saw the same blank expression on his face.

 

"Is this a wedding invite from your relatives?"

"It does has something to do with me…” Jungkook answered coldly.

 

Why is he acting this way? I thought to myself.
 

"...I hope everything will be okay."

I smiled at Kookie and nodded. "Everything will be okay Kookie, you have me by your side to be there for you when you're in trouble." I said then turned the envelope and looked at the title, my smile faded away.
                     
                                            *WEDDING INVITATION*
                                      Jeon Jungkook & Min Yoongi


I looked back up at Kookie, hoping he was joking but, I couldn't sense any sign that he was.

I felt my eyes become watery. I heard Jungkook walk past me, he grabbed some of his clothes from the hangers in the closet and placed them on the bed.

I put my head down and put my knees to my chest. I felt the bed shifted and saw in the mirror as Jungkook put his hands in his hair in frustration and sighed deeply.

Later on, we both fought and that's when V took advantage of my body...

...I saw the fear and pain in Jungkook's eyes, I saw Jungkook avoiding me...from V...

"V! Stop!"

"You can't tell me what to do Jimin, he's been cheating on you with that Yoongi guy or whatever his name is."

"It's probably just a misunderstanding, Kookie couldn't possibly be engaged to...him..."

"What if it isn't! You know what, I don't need you, you'll just be holding me back and I'm sick of it!"

"H...hyung…” Jungkook stuttered, as he backed away from me...

Jungkook shook his head, he knew it wasn't me anymore...it was V...

"What's the matter Jungkook?” V asked in a mocking tone, as he continued to walk towards Jungkook. "Your little Yoongi isn't here to help you?"

"Get...get away from me..." Jungkook cried. "I...I want Jimin to be with me..."

"You're engaged to Yoongi, Jimin is nothing to you anymore." V reminded him.

"Jimin...I'm sorry...I'm scared please help me..." Jungkook pleaded as tears started falling on his face.

"You're dead!" V growled and ran towards Jungkook, Jungkook gasped and ran under the kitchen table. He felt the table shake and groan under V’s weight as he got on top of it. V then started punching the table, trying  to  frighten the younger boy.

"Jimin!" Jungkook screamed. "Save me!"

"Shut up!" V roared. "Jimin is no longer here anymore, better get used to me now!"

Jungkook then managed to crawl out from under the table,  while V was distracted and ran out of the house. He stayed away, until he came back inside a few hours later and saw me passed out on the couch.

 

Or at least that's what he told me once I woke up.
  

                                                    End of Jimin’s Flashback

"Because...V's the one who hurt me...if I leave you or not, he'll want to kill me either way...so why not just leave." Jungkook explained.

"You idiot, Jimin..."

Jungkook looked at Jimin, seeing he was starting to show anger. His mouth protruded downward and his eyes darkened and Jungkook knew that it wasn't Jimin anymore.

"V..." Jungkook’s eyes went wide with fright.

"Stop it V!"

Jungkook flinched then saw Jimin was looking at him apologetically. Jimin…?

"Kookie...leave before I hurt you..."Jimin ordered.

The younger boy, placed his set of house keys on the table and Jimin reached to grab them then felt his other hand on the keys.

He backed away from the table, making sure V was far away from the boy as possible.

"Hyung...I love you but...I'm so sorry…”  Jungkook whispered as he walked towards Jimin, the older boy Jungkook's cheek and kissed him gently. "...forgive me please..."

Jungkook then started walking away as Jimin's eyes started shedding tears.

"Goodbye...Kookie..." Jimin choked out, he felt his sadness radiate into fury and he knew V was going to take over. He felt his body move forward, trying to catch up to the younger boy.

"Jungkook.” V said, but the younger boy continued walking forward out the front door.

"Jungkook!"

Jimin held back as he saw Jungkook reaching for the knob. The younger boy saw Jimin holding himself back, but Jungkook failed to walk back to Jimin only shooting him a mournful look of goodbye.

Jimin met his eyes for the last time and called. "It's alright if you leave me...I want you to be happy..."

He blinked and Jungkook was gone.

Jimin let himself and V go deep into his mind, only to find darkness waiting at the end for them.

It was a last lie...but Jimin was happy Jungkook left him...now he wouldn't have to be trapped anymore.

Jimin let go for Jungkook to live happily.

"I feel so relieved that you left me Kookie, for the better..." Jimin whispered to himself. "...don't worry about me anymore..."