Forever and a Day: General Information and Schedule

Forever and a Day

The Beginning of Forever and A Day


Forever in a Day is a MarkJin centered fan fic fest. It means that the main pairing should be Mark and Jinyoung. But you can freely make other side pairs with Mark or Jinyoung or any other pairing you like.

But what is a fanfic fest?
A fanfic fest is different from an exchange because in a fest, you will not be allocated prompts nor recipient, rather, you’ll be able to freely choose or claim a prompt/s you like from all the submitted story plots.

Everyone will get to submit a story prompt, but bear in mind that the submitted plots will be screened by the mods. Rest assured that the mods, with the best of their abilities, compile and post every single prompt received. The mods’ job is to make sure no prompt is repetitive and adheres to the rules of the ficfest.

The 2017 Schedule:

April 12 – 25 Put  your hands up!
Submission of Prompts
A form will be available on the start of the prompt submission date. No limit to the number of prompts you can send; as the saying goes: the more, the merrier. Everyone is encouraged to submit prompts, and also to join the ficfest.



April 26 - May10 Mine!
Claiming of Prompt: How to claim a prompt?
To claim a prompt, you need to have an email address and a social media account/blog (e.g. twitter, LJ, ao3, asianfanfic) This is so the mods will be able to get in touch with you.

Once the prompts are compiled by the mods, a spreadsheet will be made available to the public along with another form you will fill-out to claim the ones you like. This will be a first come, first served basis so you will need to choose 3 prompts (if in case the ones you chose were already picked by another writer) A mod will reply within 24 hours to inform you if one of the 3 prompts you chose will be assigned to you or if you need to submit 3 choices again.

June 12 Tic tic Tok
First Check In: The Clock is Ticking
The first check-in does not mean you need to submit the whole fic; it is just a reminder for you. No word count is required for this check-in but just a quick nudge on your fic writing journey. You can either send an email or a direct message on twitter.

July 27 Can't
Last Day to Drop Out
This will be really heartrending but the mods will not be mad if you decided to drop-out because of personal reasons. But we are hoping no one will give-up. The mods are happy to lend a hand, provide inspiration or help you if you feel like you’re stuck in a middle of nowhere.

August 3 Let me
Pinch Hit: Second chance!
If there will be drop-outs from the fic fest, a list of available prompts along with the rest of the prompts that were not claimed will be shown to the public and pinch hitters are encouraged to claim a prompt and write it until the deadline.

August 20 Hard Carry!
Second Check-in: The finishing touches
This is one of the exciting parts of the exchange. The second check-in means you’re already almost done with your fanfics. And the mods will now require a 1000-word file submission.

September 3 Mayday!
Call for help!
Hey! It is Mark’s birthday and if in case you need beta-readers or extensions, this is the time to inform the mods. They will help you look for a beta-reader and/or extend the deadline. Always remember, don’t hesitate to reach out to the mods if in case you need someone to save you! Just shout Mayday! Mayday!

September 12 Home Run!
Final Submission Date
An email will be sent 2 days before the final submission day. You can send your finished fics on or before the deadline except when you asked for an extension. The minimum word count for the final fic is 1500.

September 14-20 Paradise
Postings
The posting date will run for 7 days. The fics will not be posted according to the time it was submitted but the mods will compile it either by genre or number of words. Rest assured that all fics will be posted.

September 22 Reveals
And because this is Jinyoung’s birthday, the authors of the wonderful fics will be revealed!

What you should bear in mind:
PLAGIARISM is not allowed. If we receive and comment or message with proof that a submitted fic is plagiarized, the mods will take it down.
Let’s stay anonymous. Please don’t reveal about the prompt you chose. You can, however, post that you joined the fest but you can’t indicate or even hint at the prompt you’re working on. Let’s surprise our fellow MarkJin shippers 

If you have any questions, feel free to email or message the mods:
[email protected]
or send a DM to @markjinficfest

Forever and a day - MarkJin will sail!